Page 34 of 91 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
35
36
44
84
... LastLast
  1. #661
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherylina View Post
    The correct wording would be "up to 300 Int", it may not be worth losing 300 Int for everyone, it all depends on your scale factors on your gear etc. You can use the spreadsheet linked in the guide and it will give you an idea of how it would work out for you.
    I'd like to see an instance where losing 300 int is worth it. I can see maybe 150ish... Down grading purples to multiple blues is just wrong in the same manner as downgrading heroic epics to regular epics is. I can see maybe downgrading the council off-hand to the vendor blue but doing that in multiple slots is silly. If you're healing correctly you will see more throughput from 916 and more int as opposed to 2005 and a ton less int / other stats you're losing by downgrading. I disagree with telling people who don't have as much experience that they should drop 300 int and downgrade to blues. If you can't reasonably hit 2005 you shouldn't be bothering.

  2. #662
    Quote Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    I'd like to see an example of a profile (no 372s) that has the appropriate haste cap. Not saying I don't believe in what you say but I would seriously like to know where my back-of-the-envelope calculation went wrong.
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/kthx/advanced


    2 pieces of 272, but that only accounts for 19 haste (if rounding up, or 17 if rounding down), which can be fixed with 1 gem swap
    Last edited by dazmar; 2011-04-25 at 05:56 PM.

  3. #663
    High Overlord Sherylina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Derby, UK
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by dazmar View Post
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/kthx/advanced


    2 pieces of 272, but that only accounts for 19 haste (if rounding up, or 17 if rounding down), which can be fixed with 1 gem swap
    Just adding to this; with the alchemy trinket and boomkin tier legs it is quite easy to reach the 2k haste breakpoint. Dropping one of these (which you ideally want to do for an ideal gear setup) is where it becomes a bit more tricky.
    Last edited by Sherylina; 2011-04-25 at 06:44 PM.

  4. #664
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherylina View Post
    The correct wording would be "up to 300 Int", it may not be worth losing 300 Int for everyone, it all depends on your scale factors on your gear etc. You can use the spreadsheet linked in the guide and it will give you an idea of how it would work out for you.
    Actually, 300 is a conservative estimate.
    Using my spreadsheet, for example (link in sig) with my existing healing gear, you can inflate Haste Rating to 2004 to see the equivalent Intellect value of the 2005 haste break point. The number vary depending on the healing model used. As expected it's near zero for pure tank healing, while the other models involving raid healing and mixed raid/MT healing range between 330-372 equivalent intellect.

  5. #665
    High Overlord Sherylina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Derby, UK
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Actually, 300 is a conservative estimate.
    Using my spreadsheet, for example (link in sig) with my existing healing gear, you can inflate Haste Rating to 2004 to see the equivalent Intellect value of the 2005 haste break point. The number vary depending on the healing model used. As expected it's near zero for pure tank healing, while the other models involving raid healing and mixed raid/MT healing range between 330-372 equivalent intellect.
    Thanks for the clarification, i admit to being a bit of a spreadsheet noob.

    I did think i read in some post where someone (may even have been you kek) used the words "up to 300 Int" hence why i used it here though i could be wrong.

  6. #666
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherylina View Post
    Just adding to this; with the alchemy trinket and boomkin tier legs it is quite easy to reach the 2k haste breakpoint. Dropping one of these (which you ideally want to do for an ideal gear setup) is where it becomes a bit more tricky.
    It really shouldn't be that difficult.

    swapping out the trinket would be a loss of 194 haste. I will be replacing the helm soon with tier, which is 188 haste (121 over my currently reforged helm), that leaves 73 haste to fill in, or 69 since I am at 2009. Not really that hard to make up for that. Upgrading the legs to 372 boomkin legs alone brings 29 (which is a quick upgrade with my guild killing h-maloriak). Gemming/reforging can fill in the gap easily.

  7. #667
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Actually, 300 is a conservative estimate.
    Using my spreadsheet, for example (link in sig) with my existing healing gear, you can inflate Haste Rating to 2004 to see the equivalent Intellect value of the 2005 haste break point. The number vary depending on the healing model used. As expected it's near zero for pure tank healing, while the other models involving raid healing and mixed raid/MT healing range between 330-372 equivalent intellect.
    Is there somewhere that your spreadsheet explains each situation better? Your page is vague and trying to trace your formulas and reasoning are confusing.

  8. #668
    What is going to be the new hot spec for 10 mans with the 3 extra points?

  9. #669
    Fluffy Kitten Cambria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    9,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Nox165 View Post
    What is going to be the new hot spec for 10 mans with the 3 extra points?
    It's going to depend. For those of us who do not use NS we will probably be putting one point into it. The other 2 points will either stay LS or finish out NB. Those are the best 2 choices. You can also go 1/2 BotG but 2/2 still wont really be recommended. Tang has a really awesome calculator that shows which points will be best based on how you play.

    http://theincbear.com/living-seed-replacement/

  10. #670
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherylina View Post
    I did think i read in some post where someone (may even have been you kek) used the words "up to 300 Int" hence why i used it here though i could be wrong.
    Yeah, my words went something like "it's worth sacrificing up to 300+ intellect for the 2005 haste breakpoint", so you were taking the "up to 300 int" thing severely out of context.

    ---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 03:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by manamonster View Post
    Is there somewhere that your spreadsheet explains each situation better? Your page is vague and trying to trace your formulas and reasoning are confusing.
    Yeah sorry, I've been meaning to elaborate more on how my spreadsheet work, but I've been busy and been spreading myself thin over several different theory-craft projects. I hope to get that updated soon.

  11. #671
    Fluffy Kitten Cambria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    9,381
    I will be updating this as soon as our or wowheads talent trees are updated.

    Using the wowhead ptr calc. This will probably get screwed up soon if blizz puts firelands on PTR in the near future so I will update it with mmo-cs as soon as we update it.

  12. #672
    dose mastery effect the amount healed by efflorescence? say i cast a swiftmend on a tank and i also have a hot on a melee dps dose the melee dps get more healing from efflorescence?

  13. #673
    Fluffy Kitten Cambria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    9,381
    Yes. This is why everyone says to throw Wg 1st and efflor on top of it.

  14. #674
    Actually, no. The Efflorescence itself doesn't directly benefit from Symbiosis, but because Efflorescence scales off Swiftmend, there is indirect benefit. If Efflorescence benefits directly from Symbiosis, it would be double-dipping.

    Sort of why they removed Efflorescence crits too - it was double dipping when the Swiftmend itself crits.

  15. #675
    Fluffy Kitten Cambria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    9,381
    Isn't efflor considered a hot or it just solely scales off mastery on the SM?

    I do know awhile back they did a test on wg/efflor and they determined it does proc mastery, though I have no idea where I saw it so wrong info isn't rare. I've never personally tested it though.

  16. #676
    You can do a simple quick test yourself, I'd do it but I'm at work.
    Rejuvenate yourself then Swiftmend. Compare the size of the Efflorescence ticks against the size of the Swiftmend. If it's exactly 12% then Efflorescence doesn't benefit from Symbiosis. If it's 12% x Symbiosis bonus, then it does.

  17. #677
    The sample specs you have seem to be having problems showing up. It just loads straight to the "Select a class" part.

  18. #678
    High Overlord Sherylina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Derby, UK
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Isn't efflor considered a hot or it just solely scales off mastery on the SM?

    I do know awhile back they did a test on wg/efflor and they determined it does proc mastery, though I have no idea where I saw it so wrong info isn't rare. I've never personally tested it though.
    When i read on here that it scaled with Mastery i immediately decided that i was wrong as i have not tested it, but before i read it i saw on Recount that it was a "Pet" HoT so assumed it scaled only from the SM Mastery?

  19. #679
    SM will always benefit from mastery (unless your SMing another druids HoT) because you need your HoT on target to use it. Efflo heals based on a proportion of the SM heal, so it technically is improved by mastery values as well.

    I haven't tested this myself, but I would assume having a HoT on yourself while standing in the green circle will not improve the heal, as this would mean that efflo would essentially gain a "double benefit" from mastery.

    Also getting 2005 haste in 359 gear is definitely doable but not easy, and requires using the alchemy trinket or gale of shadows, or otherwise making some *significant* sacrifices. I was able to get to the cap rather easily using the alch trinket and only having to use +65 haste to bracer. I am still missing a few pure haste pieces that would make it even easier. Still using the JP helm (bad luck on tier drops). Getting the tier helm and then using the moonkin pants for the offset piece along with alchemy trinket would make it quite trivial.

  20. #680
    I've just tested it myself. Efflorescence doesn't double-dip into Symbiosis, but it seems to be double-dipping into Master Shapeshifter (4% extra healing). My Efflorescence ticks are doing exactly 12.48% of my Swiftmends.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •