Page 53 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    i thought i already read about it somewhere here, but don't find it anymore..

how about 4-set bonus t11 vs. 2 t11 / 2 t12?

i love those 540 spirit =/

10+ Year Old Account
    2 piece T12 gives more regen than 4 T11. So 2 t11/ 2 t12 is significantly better. Though if you can get FL offset pieces just get rid of t11 completely, 2 piece is pointless if you can replace the gear with FL gear.

I'm not seeing what how OoC has been "nerfed" for Restoration because it looks like a nerf that was specifically for healing moonkins.

Quote Originally Posted by datou View Post
    I'm not seeing what how OoC has been "nerfed" for Restoration because it looks like a nerf that was specifically for healing moonkins.
    What nerf are you talking about? In fact, what post are you replying to? Since it appears you're banned, I suppose you can't reply.
    I'll clarify what I know about "OoC" to hopefully avoid confusing druids that read the above post:

----------------------------------------------

OOC usually stands for one of two things: "Out of Combat" (or more specifically, as it relates to resto druids, "Out of Combat" Regen) or "Omen of Clarity". Each has had a varied history in this game. (If you already know what these are and how they've evolved in this game, then you probably won't learn anything new from this post.)

Out of Combat Regen is, as the name implies, the amount of mana regeneration that a caster receives from spirit when not in combat. As healers, we have a passive talent bonus for choosing the resto tree that gives us 50% of our OOC regen while we're in combat. (So if I have 3000 out of combat regen, then I'd have 1500 regen while in combat.)

Before patch 4.0.1, you were able to receive OOC regen even while in combat as long as you didn't cast any spells for at least 5 seconds. It was known as the "5 second rule." This meant if you stopped casting for a while, you could regenerate a lot of mana, which was very useful for healers that were nearly oom. We no longer have that option; as long as we're in combat, we cannot receive more than 50% of our OOC regen - we can't use the 5 second rule to regen mana if we get low. (Of course we also have Innervate and passive regen sources like Revitalize to boost our mana regen, but these can't always save us from going OOM if we aren't careful.) This is one of several changes that were made to healer mana in order to make healing more challenging by making mana conservation matter.

Omen of Clarity (also known as Clearcasting) is a buff we receive from the talent Malfurion's Gift which can occasionally allow us to cast one spell (of a select number of spells) for 0 mana. As long as we are spec'd into Malfurion's Gift (which all raiding resto druids should be), each time our Lifebloom ticks we have a chance to get the OOC buff. We can use that buff to cast any one of the following spells for free: Regrowth, Healing Touch or Wrath.

The Omen of Clarity buff has undergone many changes in the history of WoW. There was a time when any spell or melee attack could proc the buff (whereas now only LB ticks can). There was a time when any spell or melee attack that cost mana, energy or rage would use up the buff and thus be free-to-cast (whereas now only Regrowth, Healing Touch and Wrath can be cast for free with it). Even somewhat recently, Omen of Clarity used to affect Swiftmend and, before that, Nourish, making them free-to-cast. Of course, this was a bad thing since Swiftmend and Nourish cost very little mana, so casting them for free didn't save us much mana. Compared to using OOC on Regrowth or Healing Touch, which cost a lot of mana, OOC was wasted when used on SM or NR.

Conclusion: Many of the changes that occurred for Out of Combat Regen as well as for Omen of Clarity may have been "nerfs," but I would consider most of those to be justified.

Out of Combat Regen was nerfed so that it could no longer be gained by using the 5 second rule. I think this was a necessary change. Although it may seem "fun" to have limitless mana, a lot of problems with healing and encounter designs pop up when we no longer have to worry about our mana regen. (I could go into a long monologue about this topic alone, so I'll try to keep it short.) Let's just say that healing should be challenging. But having tanks die within 1 GCD or having to spam healing spells on GCD is not what I consider compelling game-play.

Omen of Clarity has gone through a number of changes that may seem, to some, to have limited its availability or usefulness. I disagree. Lifebloom ticks very fast and OOC procs very often, so I don't miss being able to proc it through melee attacks or by blanketing the raid with hots. Likewise, I think the spells it affects are the perfect spells for it to affect. HT and RG are very expensive heals which are also very useful when used well in a raiding environment. I hated wasting OOC on Nourish or SM. But now that it only works with HT and RG (for healing) it makes my healing "rotation" more dynamic and gives me more reason to use those spells.
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2011-09-21 at 11:50 PM. Reason: grammar etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I hav to agree with Dendrek, I HATED WITH A PASHION when OoC procced a milisecond before I use SM or Nourish and wasted it. Pissed me off to no end that a clearcast spell would be used for a measly 1600 or so mana. Love using OoC on the tanks, even if it is overhealing, on fights like Alysrazor (10hm) its fantastic to just sit there spamming nourish without the threat of wasting a clearcast.
    Also raiding tonight the only nerfs I noticed were all the bosses in the instance: 6/7 hm in less then 2 hours when before our record was 6/7 hm in 4 hours >.< OoC seemed fine? Not sure wat nerfs datou was refering to?
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

10+ Year Old Account
    He was a spambot, so was posting bullshit to get to 10 posts so he could spam a link.

Deleted
    hello fellow druids, i have 1 question, i got 2267 spirit after i switched to the staff whitout spirit from ragnaros, i wounder if this is to low as a 10 man raidhealer progressing on beth and after that ragna hc.

10+ Year Old Account
    2267 is really high. If you aren't comfortable with mana don't feel like you need to drop it. But any more is way too much.

Deleted
    so around what level should i aim for ? also got tsunami that gives alot of spirit

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just start reforging away from it slowly if you are comfortable with mana. I have about 1700 7/7 25 HMs but I have Shard of Woe. Seems like most people with Woe sit at 2000ish.

Just noticed, the information on the T12 4-piece bonus in not up to date:

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    4 piece: It only heals what doesn't go to overheal, so you want to use it on the person with the least amount of health, or whoever it will overheal the least on.
    It no longer double heals like on PTR.
    It heals based on where you are, not your target. So if you SM on person A, it'snot going to heal the lowest person near person A, but near you. So, if you heal the tank for 30k no overheal, it will heal the lowest person 8yards from you for 30-60k, depending on if it crits or not.
    It used to work like this, however, I don't know when it was changed but I'm sure it works based off where your target is now. I noticed this because usually when I was low myself, I would SM the tank for example and get healed as well. However, now always a melee gets the firebloom, not myself or someone near me. Haven't done extensive testing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it changed last patch or a few hotfixes ago or something. I forgot to update it. Thanks

Deleted
    Hey i have a question, i use Darkmoon Card: Tsunami and Vibrant Alchemist Stone atm. i just got Jaws of Defeat heroic tonight. which trinket should i replace it with

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can sacrifice the haste replace the alchy trink. If not, DMC but keep DMC for when you can stay at haste cap without the alch stone.

Deleted
    ill check about i can keep me above 2005 haste rating thanks alot

Deleted
    It's only opinion, but I'll disagree

If you're killing heroic Domo then you're probably doing the spirit to mastery reforging shuffle. I'd rather take the extra int / haste and +mana from a conc pot over the spirit on DMC:T. Assumng the rest of your gear is in sync. 194 haste is 194 mastery somewhere else - plus it almost guarantees you won't be needing haste enchanting on bracers / boots / gloves.

Deleted
    this is my char:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...indaa/advanced
    i will get exalted ring in next week and have to replace a a ring with 126 haste. think it will be hard to reach my cap with DMC:T ?

Deleted
    I'd just use the rep ring and the alchy trinket .

10+ Year Old Account
    Dropping regen talents when you have extra spi from a trinket will lead to more throughput than the few stats you get on the alch trinket.

As always, int/regen trinks were always best due to many...many things. But in general, you have to consider changing stats around.

The alch trinket will be haste/mastery if you don't need the haste. You can reforge the haste from other places to make up for it so lets just say the Alch trink is regen(when potting) + mastery + a few more int. Unless you use a conc pot everytime, and even with conc pots some fights, DMC is better for regen.

If he really isn't having regen problems, it's much better to use 2 regen trinks (along with reforging out of spi and so on) and moving talents around. Dropping furor or Gen will give significantly more throughput than the alch trinket reforged, and be about the same regen loss even in a perfect situation.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-09-29 at 11:28 PM.