Page 65 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sure, more haste will increase Maw proc rate, but the amount is going to be really insignificant. With a 10% proc rate it will proc on average every 10 casts. Assuming you cast 10 spells of 1.5 base cast time to proc it, the average time between procs is 27.35s with 2005 haste rating and 27.27s with 2105 haste rating. However, most of your spells cast would be rejuvenation which is already on the 1s min cast time if you are specced properly. This also assumes you are chain-casting spells the moment the ICD is up which is generally not true, so the proc rate difference is really as good as negligible.

I think people are over hyping the proc on the maw. Citing the proc numbers on ultraxion is overly optimistic. The problem with maw is that the range is extremely short (9 yards) and you need to be extremely aware of your positioning to get a good effect. I would argue that in 10 man, you are worse off using the maw over a 410 weapon on morchok, zonozz, hagara, and blackhorn. This is based on the % healing done effect for those fights.

And haste sucks because it doesn't increase the hps of our 3 primary healing spells (wg/rj/efflo). WG and efflo are already restricted by a cooldown, so decreasing the GCD of those spells has no benefit, and RJ already is GCD capped through talents. The only benefit you get from haste as a druid outside of breakpoints is your direct healing spells, and the very marginal benefit of reduced gcd on wg/sm.

Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Sure, more haste will increase Maw proc rate, but the amount is going to be really insignificant. With a 10% proc rate it will proc on average every 10 casts. Assuming you cast 10 spells of 1.5 base cast time to proc it, the average time between procs is 27.35s with 2005 haste rating and 27.27s with 2105 haste rating. However, most of your spells cast would be rejuvenation which is already on the 1s min cast time if you are specced properly. This also assumes you are chain-casting spells the moment the ICD is up which is generally not true, so the proc rate difference is really as good as negligible.
    Where did you get these numbers? I've just checked my logs and it procs every 17-18 seconds 90% of the time, very rarely 16 seconds or 19 seconds.
    Last edited by Torty; 2012-01-30 at 03:50 AM.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

Quote Originally Posted by Torty View Post
    Where did you get these numbers? I've just checked my logs and it procs every 17-18 seconds 90% of the time, very rarely 16 seconds or 19 seconds.
    Bah I should know better than to trust wowhead comments for proc rates. Looks like it's a very high, possibly 100% proc rate with 15s ICD, so haste is pretty much useless to increase the proc rate.

Recently dusted off my druid from WotLK, and ended up here. I normally play a resto shaman and haven't raided regularly with resto druids since T11, but I noticed a few things when reading through the guide:

Potions. Mighty Rejuvenation Potion now grants the same amount of mana as a mana potion, plus ~8k healing. Basically free healing, making it a slightly better choice (since you only get one potion per fight anyway, you might as well use it at some point when you're not at full health).

The Furor calculations. They assume that 5900 intellect is more than you'll ever have, which is highly outdated. Looking at my shaman, he has 7300 intellect unbuffed, and I assume druids are sitting on similar numbers. I'm pretty sure it doesn't change the final conclusions, but it should reduce the differences by quite a bit (as Moonglow doesn't scale).
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    The Furor calculations. They assume that 5900 intellect is more than you'll ever have, which is highly outdated. Looking at my shaman, he has 7300 intellect unbuffed, and I assume druids are sitting on similar numbers. I'm pretty sure it doesn't change the final conclusions, but it should reduce the differences by quite a bit (as Moonglow doesn't scale).
    Currently sitting at just under 8k int unbuffed, and still quite far from bis gear. The old furor calculations are definitely far, far outdated. Moonglow will probably hold its place in 25 since theres more healing to be healed, and more opportunity for rejuv spam, but in 10's furor wins on most fights hands down.

Deleted
    According to hamlet's healing calculator after inputing my char in his sheet it shows (unless i am misreading it) that haste is second best stat for me while crit is ahead in some spells from mastery. Only in rejuvs haste is not playing any role and therefore does't add any value to it. For example in regrowth 1 point haste adds 2.2 value while intellect adds 2.1 mastery 1.42 and crit 1.13.

Quote Originally Posted by apostoloss View Post
    According to hamlet's healing calculator after inputing my char in his sheet it shows (unless i am misreading it) that haste is second best stat for me while crit is ahead in some spells from mastery. Only in rejuvs haste is not playing any role and therefore does't add any value to it. For example in regrowth 1 point haste adds 2.2 value while intellect adds 2.1 mastery 1.42 and crit 1.13.
    Hamlet's spreadsheet uses a HPS metric which doesn't take into consideration mana consumption. There is a separate metric on his spreadsheet for that called "time to OOM" and if you notice, Haste Rating decreases your time to OOM while Mastery and Crit doesn't. You are expected to take both into consideration when considering your stats. Unfortunately a lot of people using Hamlet's spreadsheet don't use it correctly, usually considering only the first metric and completely ignoring the second.

My spreadsheet goes one step further and combines both stats into a hybrid metric called "Sustainable HPS" which will determine the optimal balance between sustenance and throughput based on the assumption that you spend all your mana on a fight of a specific duration that you can set (default is 6 mins)

Deleted
    well you can see when you are going to get oomed assuming you sustain that hps (usually around 2 to 3 mins) in his calculator tool , also i agree that some people dont change the talents/raid buffs etc..when using the tool to provide accurate results .By the way i am talking about http://treecalcs.com/ the calculator there which is simple and nice instead of a spreadsheets i found in other webpages which are tiring . (p.s. can you link "your tool" if you dont mind).

I dont think his calculator is missing something especially after being update this year. By the way i would a stupid question how bad is hurricane in comparison to power torrent (always used to wonder) . I know intellect is much much better and helps hps but i also wonder about the 450 (i think its 450) haste the old enchant hurricane procs.

p.s.2 i have seen the stats of power torrent vs heartsong. Just wondering if someone has make calculations concerning all the weapons enchants -just want to check something-

Deleted
    well i have replied last night but my replies were not posted (i am missing 4 replies in different topics ...why?) wont go into details of what i wrote...but hamlet tool is showing time to oomed and seems easier to use than complex spreadsheets :P

i also asked in the post that was not posted so far (from last night) if you can give me a link to your "tool" :P .

thank you in advance

You haven't seen my spreadsheet but you say it's complex? :/

Link is in my sig, under "Resto Spreadsheet"

10+ Year Old Account
    so my druid is sitting at 2014 haste rating, but my wildgrowth is only ticking 8 times, am i missing something or is there in invisible tick?

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 02:24 AM ----------

hm looks like i guess when looking at the guides, it saz 2005 haste rating but its not saying you would probably need a 5% buff other classes to get the tick

shaman friend of mine put down his totem, was at 2014 rating but 21% haste then i was getting the 9th proc
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    The spreadsheet in the guide says with the raid buff. The guide says the % you need to be at. I know Hamlets guide at EJ says it includes the raid 5% buff. There is a reason I never recommend any guides besides EJs =]

Even the guide on the official forums isn't very thorough, though it does link to Tangs spreadsheet too which says the 5%. The rest of it is just misleading.

Deleted
    i tend to use http://unyieldingvalor.com/haste%20b...int%20tool.php which shows based on your char what you can reach and what are you missing.

2005 haste with raid buffed you reach 9 tick in wg if you also have di you get one extra tick in lifebloom which you can get if you are at 2449 and raid buffed (without di)

ofc i found weird that there is a confusion about the limits above 2005 ... hamlet 's http://treecalcs.com/ if you play with raids buffs shows few things different (unless i missread them).

10+ Year Old Account
    hm ya i noticed.. sorry i was looking at some elitest jerks and some noxxic.com they had said the 2005 but i didnt think they ment it also with the 5%
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Deleted
    Currently I have faced new situation, sometimes we have 2 resto druids on our 25-man team. My question is: how does Lifebloom work, can both druids stack it on tank or will the other one be overwritten? Aka should I call targets for LB persons, so that both can get their OoC, Replenishment and Revitalize procs? (I don’t seem to be able to find this information from net. I know I could easily test it ingame, but since I have other question too I will just ask.)

Other thing that I would like to have some advice is the spec. I currently run with Living Seed & Nature's Bounty build, but when I look the logs I see that healing from living seed is minimal (~0.5%). I was planning to take Blessing of the Grove & Perseverance instead, but this guide says that BotG is near useless.

Here is my log from 25-man normal mode madness: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=4752&e=5609
    As you can see from “healing by spell”-part Rejuvenation is doing 20.3 % of my healing at that fight, so is BotG worth of taking or not? Should I take 1/2 BotG and 3/3 Perseverance or 2/2 BotG and 2/3 Perseverance? I’m confused here.

This is what I was planning to try before reading about BotG: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...j!!hSTjTahQaQd
    (I have OS with Nature's Cure, so I will not need that on MS)

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Currently I have faced new situation, sometimes we have 2 resto druids on our 25-man team. My question is: how does Lifebloom work, can both druids stack it on tank or will the other one be overwritten? Aka should I call targets for LB persons, so that both can get their OoC, Replenishment and Revitalize procs? (I don’t seem to be able to find this information from net. I know I could easily test it ingame, but since I have other question too I will just ask.)
    HoTs overwriting one another has been gone since BC. Your hots are independent from other players in your raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Other thing that I would like to have some advice is the spec. I currently run with Living Seed & Nature's Bounty build, but when I look the logs I see that healing from living seed is minimal (~0.5%). I was planning to take Blessing of the Grove & Perseverance instead, but this guide says that BotG is near useless.

Here is my log from 25-man normal mode madness: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=4752&e=5609
    As you can see from “healing by spell”-part Rejuvenation is doing 20.3 % of my healing at that fight, so is BotG worth of taking or not? Should I take 1/2 BotG and 3/3 Perseverance or 2/2 BotG and 2/3 Perseverance? I’m confused here.

This is what I was planning to try before reading about BotG: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...j!!hSTjTahQaQd
    (I have OS with Nature's Cure, so I will not need that on MS)
    Concerning your spec, yes for 25 man Living Seed is not optimal, but neither is BotG. BotG gives about 2.5% more Rj for 2 points, in your log this would be about .5% overall healing increase. What you might consider is taking Nature's Bounty, as you did cast 48 Nourish and also a number of Regrowths. There's a calculator that can tell you which talents are best for you given your log, I'm sure someone can provide the link.

And you should definitely use Glyph of Wild Growth. It's an HPS increase on every boss in 25 man mode.

Hey Druids, I just have a quick question regarding weapons.

I have Maw of the Dragonlord (normal) and Vagaries of Time (Hc), and my question is which weapon to take.
    Or does it depend fight wise? So on Ultraxion (where I'm not Healing) you would choose Maw and on other fights where people aren't stacked Vagaries?
    Or do I take the hc weapon just because of more Int and Spellpower?

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    There's a calculator that can tell you which talents are best for you given your log, I'm sure someone can provide the link.
    http://theincbear.com/living-seed-replacement

Deleted
    i am healing 25man and had 3/3 living seed and nb my healing was around 2% in all fights dont know why yours is so low ...strange.. actually living seed healing was above nourish and healing touch (since i tend to use nourish few times if i am low on mana and want to keep harmony up ..i tend to use regrowth alot).

I have now decide to run 2/3 living seed (always with 3/3 nb) to see if my numbers drop too much. In a normal 25man clear before reset my healing went down from 2% of overall healing to 1,3% (some fights it was around 2% and in some others around 1%). This with 2/3 ,meaning taken 10% of it healing from it .

I dont think living seed is a wasted talent since its an extra healing . I would't put points in damage reduction talents after recent nerfs (you can even soak damage from a stomp in heroic morchok by rejuv yourself go bear and use frenzied regeneration and barkskin to be extra safe- once every two min i mean).

Concerning brother question if you are ok with haste cap (2005) and your mastery is good enough i would keep using maw since it provides 8 to 9% of healing (for me at least)

p.s. hello my old realm emerald dream