Page 68 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think that answers the question then.

i thought so. seem'd odd that something like NG or BL would increase ticks but not berserking. TY MATH PPL :-D

Deleted
    Very nice guide m8. Gz.

guys can you comment my druid? i got maw yesterday but its lowered my haste to 1919 should i prefer haste 2005 or maw is good?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ashndar/simple
    Last edited by ythemaster; 2012-03-25 at 12:26 PM. Reason: forgot to link my druid

Deleted
    Spec: 32 point in resto isn't really optimal, I'd put 1 point into Natures Swiftness, and move the 32nd point into Moonglow
    Glyphs: Innervate glyph is useless now, think about the HT one.
    You want 2005 haste and Maw.
    Hastewise: I'd certainly go for the 2005 breakpoint, getting the DS LW Bracers would get you most of the way there, as would getting the resto helm and taking the Boomkin Tier gloves, or the VP Belt.

You can't reach there with your current gear, but you are close enough that it is worthwhile sacrificing some Intellect for. Switch your bracer enchant to +65 Haste and get another 25 from a gem change.

Ideally though you should get gear with haste on it so that you don't have to sacrifice Intellect.

thank you both guys

Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    You can't reach there with your current gear, but you are close enough that it is worthwhile sacrificing some Intellect for. Switch your bracer enchant to +65 Haste and get another 25 from a gem change.

Ideally though you should get gear with haste on it so that you don't have to sacrifice Intellect.
    thanks, it should work for me

Just a minor note:
    When using epic gems, Blacksmithing is the most useful (crafting) profession (+100) while ironically Jewelcrafting becomes the worst (+51).. meh!

Deleted
    Simple question from a somewhat new Resto Druid:

Worth to replace 2x RF T13 for 2x T12 for the "regen", even though i rarely have mana problems?

Thanks in advance, and great job on the guide! Keep it going

Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    Simple question from a somewhat new Resto Druid:

Worth to replace 2x RF T13 for 2x T12 for the "regen", even though i rarely have mana problems?

Thanks in advance, and great job on the guide! Keep it going
    Whats the other pieces you already have equipped? 2x normal or heroic T12? A link to armory would help so we could see what you're doing atm to "rarely have mana problems" (perhaps it's worth it to get the 2x t12 if you're using offset pieces and can then reforge out of spirit into mastery for more throughput overall, etc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Whats the other pieces you already have equipped? 2x normal or heroic T12? A link to armory would help so we could see what you're doing atm to "rarely have mana problems" (perhaps it's worth it to get the 2x t12 if you're using offset pieces and can then reforge out of spirit into mastery for more throughput overall, etc).
    Yeah, an Armory link would have been great, silly me -.-

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%B6n/simple

As you can see, i just purchased the 397 Valor Point Gloves seeing i can hit the 12% or so Haste mark for an extra Wild Growth tick if i'm not mistaken? I'm going for an Haste build (guess it's better than a Mastery build, don't really know).
    The T12 pieces would be the ones from the Vendor (a.k.a non-heroic version). Advisable to downgrade now? If yes, i'd be downgrading the chest and gloves (T13 ones obviously).

Thanks!

First off, you need 2005 haste (you're 10 short - also, I *think* there used to be something attractive at 2006 too, like a tranq tick under some effect, but dunno what - someone else might be able to remember), use a number rather than a percentage .

In your situation, I'd probably not do it - you're barely even touching normal modes (one morchok kill), and you're not going to see any fight being mana intensive anywhere untill normal spine. Along with this, breaking the 4 set (while 4 set IS extremely bad) to downgrade to 378 normal pieces probably wouldn't be worth it. Basicly, start out like this:

3/3 moonglow, 2/3 furor, full spirit reforge.
    Enough mana?
    Reforge off spirit untill you can't reforge more off into mastery.
    Enough mana?
    Drop points in furor into genesis.
    Enough mana?
    Drop a last point from moonglow into genesis.
    Enough mana?
    Start spamming rejuvenation / healing touch more.

I doubt downgrading into the 2 set firelands normal will ever be attractive to you, with 4 set t13 .

First off, you need 2005 haste (you're 10 short - also, I *think* there used to be something attractive at 2006 too, like a tranq tick under some effect, but dunno what - someone else might be able to remember), use a number rather than a percentage .
    The extra tranq tick is obtained going from 916 (rejuv breakpoint) to 917. 2006 doesn't give anything.

Enough mana?
    Drop points in furor into genesis.
    Enough mana?
    Drop a last point from moonglow into genesis.
    Interesting little known fact: Because of the way they scale different, each point in Furor becomes worse when you have more points in Furor, while each point in Moonglow becomes better when you have more points in Moonglow.

If you need to take 2 points in Genesis, then the remaining 3 talent points should go into Moonglow
    If you need to take 3 points in Genesis, then the remaining 2 talent points should go into Furor

The difference isn't very big, but can be seen from my spreadsheet.
    Last edited by tangedyn; 2012-04-13 at 06:42 PM.

The extra tranq tick is obtained going from 916 (rejuv breakpoint) to 917. 2006 doesn't give anything.

Interesting little known fact: Because of the way they scale different, each point in Furor becomes worse when you have more points in Furor, while each point in Moonglow becomes better when you have more points in Moonglow.

If you need to take 2 points in Genesis, then the remaining 3 talent points should go into Moonglow
    If you need to take 3 points in Genesis, then the remaining 2 talent points should go into Furor

Basically what I get from this is that the standard (if it can be called that) raid spec would be 10/0/31, assuming mana isnt an issure (which it isn't) even with LFR gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzsphex View Post
    Basically what I get from this is that the standard (if it can be called that) raid spec would be 10/0/31, assuming mana isnt an issure (which it isn't) even with LFR gear.
    I don't subscribe to the notion that "if mana isn't an issue go for genesis".

The fact is if mana isn't an issue, the raid simply isn't taking enough damage, and going for genesis will generally only increase your overhealing. You simply can't heal more than the damage that the raid takes. You simply get put into zero-sum game against your healer colleagues trying to snipe heals off each other.

If the fight is so easy that you are ending with lots of mana, then there are other ways to snipe heals off your healer colleagues to try to beat them on the meters besides having stronger HOTs. Use more regrowths on damaged targets. Spam more rejuvenations on healthy targets that have a chance of taking damage.
    Last edited by tangedyn; 2012-04-13 at 08:43 PM.

Wait so - as moonglow gets better the more points you have, it makes sense to put the 3 extra's into moonglow. I'm with you that far.
    But if Furor becomes worse the more points you have in it, and Moonglow becomes better, why would you go with a 0/3 moonglow 2/3 furor?
    That would mean that either:
    A: Furor has an incredibly high start-out value for the first point compared to moonglow, making taking point 1+2 worth it over Moonglow's upwards scaling (at which point, why don't we put 1/3 furor and 2/3 moonglow in a 3 point scenario, then?). Actually, it makes taking point 1 AND the diminished point 2 worth it (why wouldn't we put one point in each?).
    B: The last point of moonglow gives an incredible return rate (it'd be much higher going from 2->3 than 1->2), outdoing the start out value on furor.

So basicly - why 2/3 furor over 2/3 moonglow? Logically, it doesn't make sense (one talent becomes worse the more you have, one becomes better)

The first point in Furor increases mana by 1.05/1 = 5%, the second point by 1.1/1.05 = 4.75%, the third point by 1.15/1.1 = 4.55%
    The first point in Moonglow increases casing by 1/.97 = 3.09%, the second point by .97/.94 = 3.19%, the third point by .94/.91 = 3.30%

So it's sort of a combination of both A and B...

2/3 Furor is better than 2/3 Moonglow because Furor's diminishing returns hasn't kicked in enough to allow Moonglow's increasing returns to beat it
    3/3 Moonglow is better than 3/3 Furor because the diminishing returns has kicked in enough to allow Moonglow's increasing returns to beat it.

So that means 5+4.75(9.75)% mana is worth more than 3.09+3.19(6.28)% reduction, but 9.75+4.55(14.3)% mana is worth less than 6.28+3.30(9.58)% reduction.

so:

9.75% mana > 6.28% reduc.
    14.3% mana < 9.58% reduc.

I guess it's an INCREDIBLY small difference then, in the end. As the difference between the two mana returns is ~46%, and the difference between the two reduc values is 52.5% in the end, while for 2/3 (in both) it's 48.7% for the mana, 50.7%.

In the end, I guess that means that if you are doing Progress and can expect to fuck up (read: Die), Moonglow will be better, and if you're farming easy content (easy being whatever you can rely on not fucking up on) you'd take Furor, as the furor talent will only yield it's full benefit assuming you have a full manabar and you get to use all the mana, while moonglow works no matter what?

In the end, I guess that means that if you are doing Progress and can expect to fuck up (read: Die), Moonglow will be better, and if you're farming easy content (easy being whatever you can rely on not fucking up on) you'd take Furor, as the furor talent will only yield it's full benefit assuming you have a full manabar and you get to use all the mana, while moonglow works no matter what?
    It all depends on how much mana you had when you died. If you died with 10% mana, but innervate is ~15 seconds away and theres a priest with HoH ready, I'm pretty sure it boosts furor further ahead. This is all subjective though, and in general yes; If you die with near full mana, you just wasted about half of the benefit of furor. The argument for using all the mana would apply to both though. If you aren't ooming, you don't need either talent. Then again, our alternatives are pretty bad, so you'd probably be better off just dropping a healer for farm content and pumping more rejuvs.

EDIT: Also, I know procs are hard to account for in average values, but theres one thing I've never seen explicitly mentioned. 3/3 Moonglow is better than 3/3 Furor (on longer fights) in a normal world, but we heal in a world where we get temporary cost reductions anyways. T13 4 pc and Jaws of Defeat (both being used by a large amount of druids) reduce the cost of spells, and devalue moonglow (while having 0 effect on furor) for the time they are active.
    Last edited by Catokot; 2012-04-15 at 08:04 PM.