Page 69 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So that means 5+4.75(9.75)% mana is worth more than 3.09+3.19(6.28)% reduction, but 9.75+4.55(14.3)% mana is worth less than 6.28+3.30(9.58)% reduction.

so:

9.75% mana > 6.28% reduc.
    14.3% mana < 9.58% reduc.

I guess it's an INCREDIBLY small difference then, in the end. As the difference between the two mana returns is ~46%, and the difference between the two reduc values is 52.5% in the end, while for 2/3 (in both) it's 48.7% for the mana, 50.7%.

In the end, I guess that means that if you are doing Progress and can expect to fuck up (read: Die), Moonglow will be better, and if you're farming easy content (easy being whatever you can rely on not fucking up on) you'd take Furor, as the furor talent will only yield it's full benefit assuming you have a full manabar and you get to use all the mana, while moonglow works no matter what?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    In the end, I guess that means that if you are doing Progress and can expect to fuck up (read: Die), Moonglow will be better, and if you're farming easy content (easy being whatever you can rely on not fucking up on) you'd take Furor, as the furor talent will only yield it's full benefit assuming you have a full manabar and you get to use all the mana, while moonglow works no matter what?
    It all depends on how much mana you had when you died. If you died with 10% mana, but innervate is ~15 seconds away and theres a priest with HoH ready, I'm pretty sure it boosts furor further ahead. This is all subjective though, and in general yes; If you die with near full mana, you just wasted about half of the benefit of furor. The argument for using all the mana would apply to both though. If you aren't ooming, you don't need either talent. Then again, our alternatives are pretty bad, so you'd probably be better off just dropping a healer for farm content and pumping more rejuvs.

EDIT: Also, I know procs are hard to account for in average values, but theres one thing I've never seen explicitly mentioned. 3/3 Moonglow is better than 3/3 Furor (on longer fights) in a normal world, but we heal in a world where we get temporary cost reductions anyways. T13 4 pc and Jaws of Defeat (both being used by a large amount of druids) reduce the cost of spells, and devalue moonglow (while having 0 effect on furor) for the time they are active.
    Last edited by Catokot; 2012-04-15 at 08:04 PM.

Ya, the difference is small and probably no one is going to notice a difference between 2MG/0Furor and 0MG/2Furor. It's just something interesting that my spreadsheet spat out.

I WAS having problems healing with my druid.. this guide helped me. Thank you

I think i read it somewhere on here, but is there a certain amount of up time I should be aiming for with Harmony? I'll continue to check the back pages but i figured i'd ask in case I don't find it

Ideally 100%
    realistically 90%+ is what i am "happy" with
    (for both LB and Harmony).
    Gertrude of Aurora, possibly the best 3 day raiding guild in the world!

Thats what i thought and i wanted to double check

I have an interesting question - yesterday the heroic staff from madness dropped (the one that gives haste on the wielder and 3 allies), as no one wanted it, damn legendary casters, I got it. I already have the heroic Maw and the offhand from Ultraxion. I don't really care about hps but I wonder if the staff is somewhat close to the Maw and offhand, and how the haste proc will benefit me. Also it looks so cool on my transmog, so an extra point for that . Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by petyrit View Post
    I have an interesting question - yesterday the heroic staff from madness dropped (the one that gives haste on the wielder and 3 allies), as no one wanted it, damn legendary casters, I got it. I already have the heroic Maw and the offhand from Ultraxion. I don't really care about hps but I wonder if the staff is somewhat close to the Maw and offhand, and how the haste proc will benefit me. Also it looks so cool on my transmog, so an extra point for that . Any thoughts?
    It won't even be close. Static stats from weapons like Vagaries or the staff from blackhorn is better than the proc-haste (unreliable so can't build around plateus, small amount compared to most things so even when it procs it won't give as many different ticks as say, the trinkets will).

Any PvP Resto Guide out here?

I've been pvping a ton lately so I may update the guide, especially when I update it for MoP(I'll be competitive arena/rated bging) I'll probably add a whole section for pvp too. Until then, AJ's isn't full of theorycrafting or anything, but it has all the basics: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/18...ginners-guide/

Okey i will wait then to MoP btw thank u for responding so quickly

Stood in the Fire
    How important is the 2005 haste cap?
    I just got the healing mace from DW and when i equp it i lose that cap ;(
    If i dont have the cap can i heal good enought?

The cap is more important than pretty much anything, sadly including the mace. There is no where you can reforge/gem/anything to get back up to the cap? if you have a lock you can beg him to give you DI until you have a few more hate pieces to get you up there.

There was a good question up there regarding MG vs Furor, regarding 4pc t13 proc's. Don't u get a "more full" effect with furor over moonglow?

I didnt understand your question. But I'm still wondering why people are still going for regen w/o genesis while the chance of going OOM is 0.1%

Furor vs MG wont really have anything to do with timeslip specifically. As in, having 4 piece vs not having 4 piece shouldn't effect it to where the values change. And it they did it would be so minimal it wouldn't be worth the gold to respec. Though the difference between the 2 even now is pretty much at that point.

As for regen, if you have no change of running OOM you want to drop a healer, not have all your healers drop regen talents. I agree with what Tang said before, if you aren't oom it's not because of gear, it's because your raid isn't taking dmg for one reason or another. Having less regen but making you heal more will just lead to more overhealing, not really more effective throughput or be more raid efficient or anything.

Switch a healer who isn't super important and who has a good dps set and see how that goes. Unless the people with no mana problems just aren't healing enough you should kill the boss faster with not much more stress on your healers. If all your healers have plenty of mana, no one is dying, and you can't drop a healer...really look through your logs. Someone somewhere is being bad.

Myrrar, Sargor is referring to t13 2 pc, where we save mana after innervate. Both this tier bonus and jaws of defeat work directly against moonglow.

@Myrrar I dont think solo healing 10heroics is a viable or a smart option as it's so easy to wipe and waste a lot of time.

I dont think this is such an issue in 25m where it's easy to change from 6 to 5 and 5 to 4 healers. But on 10m you'd have to solo heal most things.
    Last edited by SilentStocket; 2012-04-28 at 07:07 AM.

Many classes can do "decent" dps in their healer spec. Resto shamans are perfect for dpsing when only one healer is needed, and priests can switch to disc (smite). Next time you do yor'sahj, drop shrooms for adds and watch your numbers skyrocket - resto dps is pretty high if you actually try. And tree-form wrath spam puts you right in line with a real dps. I would agree dropping a healer in 10 man is usually much harder in practice than theory, but theres no reason one of you can't dps during easy moments. If you manage to fill all your gcds with shrooms, dots, wraths, and heals, you can definitely still go oom.