Page 73 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    You should also try to push your raid leaders / management to get a 5% haste buff if you're going to be doing any serious heroic progression. It's a substantial boost for your casters as well, not just you. IMO it's one of the mandatory buffs.
    Ye unfortunatly nobody really wants that :<..
    I capped myself at 3028 for that extra WG tick and the rest to mastery. Ill just wait till the gear allows me to get to 5320 Haste.

Sad times when only really 3(4) specs bring this essential buff to a raid. Can't see 25 man team without it but with only 10 players you might just be in bad luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DatGizmo View Post
    Just a short question about meta gems.

You mentioned in the guide, to either use Revitalizing Primal Diamond or Burning Primal Diamond
    But what about Ember Primal Diamond?
    It gives int for throughput, and a bit of regen via Innervate.
    Or are the 2% (6K mana) simply not worth it?
    I quote myself, so my question won't get lost

Deleted
    I quote myself, so my question won't get lost
    432 spirit over a 10 minute fight = 29k mana
    2% maximum mana over a 10 minute fight through innervates = 1,2k mana per innervate for a grand total of 4800 mana.

Code:
    Spirit in mana:
    =432*0,56*12*10
    Maximum mana as mana:
    =6000*0,2*4
    Yep, Ember Primal Diamond is bad.
    Last edited by mmoc68a4e4b5e2; 2012-10-10 at 10:19 AM.

The better comparison is with Burning, not Revitalizing. 4800 mana vs 3% crit bonus. If you are casting any regrowth at all I think Burning comes out ahead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    The better comparison is with Burning, not Revitalizing. 4800 mana vs 3% crit bonus. If you are casting any regrowth at all I think Burning comes out ahead.
    I kind of compared all of them. 216 intellect is an obvious 216 intellect, it was the mana regen he asked about. Whether you want 4800 mana or 3% crit, there's really no way 4800 mana comes out ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    Burning is light years ahead of Ember, even if you're not casting Regrowths. 4800 mana from Innervate doesn't even you give one extra Rejuvenation
    Last edited by Ashrr; 2012-10-10 at 10:11 PM.
    Ashr

Yeah I wasn't too serious about the comparison, but comparing it to the spirit gem is wrong so I clarified.

By the way, we are at the point where 6652 haste is a reality. I personally am 1 piece away, and will give it a shot when Taran Zhu decides to drop pants or I pick up another epic with only haste. Slightly more than half will come from mastery budget (1540) and the rest from intellect (720) to gain 3610 haste and 420 spirit. My drop luck hasn't been so great so I'm sure others are in a better position than I, but as I gain more epics with haste I'll regain the int lost gemming for haste. (Only using 2 pure haste gems)

720 int is significant so I'm not sure its worth it, but the extra WG tick is strong and I will pick up a small amount of spirit bringing me up to 7500.

I just read your guide and thanks for the info!

Some feedback if you don't mind.
    Death Knight - Blood: [/url], Frost: Wild Mushroom: Plague, Frost: Wild Mushroom: Plague, Unholy: Wild Mushroom: Plague
    some stray forum code there in the Symbo section.

I am not thrilled about the addon list. Interesting you don't suggest blogs cause of the amount of opinions, but the addons suggested are just an opinion. You hint that it is just ones you use but it would be straight to new druids to point out the healing addon as needed but the rest being your opinion.

Lastly I wish that the Guide was remade for MoP meaning that only relevant MoP replies were in the thread. After reading the guide, I started on the first few replies only to realize oh "wanting to level a druid for cata" and the relies being from 2010... I want to know where the MoP discussion starts. Otherwise is this just a 70+ page mess of old and new information =S

Anyway thanks again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed: Thanks. Must have went to update it when it changed but didn't actually paste the spell in.

Addons vs blogs:
    Use a healing addon: I list the top 3 that are even closely viable
    Use something that shows your CDs and when they will be up: I list 3 that I have used in the past
    Other addons I use that aren't just cosmetic: I specifically say I use them.

People PM me constantly, and at least once a week it's 'what addons do you use'. I never say they are needed, I just show which ones the druid community often uses and confirm that they are successful.

As for not linking blogs, there is a difference between saying 'I use these addons and they are successful' and blogs that say 'crit iz best bc it totally is in my raid where we can down 1 boss in lfr!!!'. I love that the WoW blogger community is so active, but most of the blogs are awful.
    There are a few that actually theorycraft and fully understand what they are talking about, but they are on various big druid or theorycrating sites and just link to relevant posts they make(like the recent Hamlet post). Even when I read some of the most popular resto druid blogs, they are the ones that have had wrong info 5 years ago and have wrong info now.
    The guides on various sites that report guides are also often wrong.

If there was a blog only about addons with long posts about the differences between them and blah blah that would be amazing. Addon discussion and theorycrafting are two very different things.

We've always just updated our guides instead of reposting and I have absolutely no idea why. Always just did, never made a new thread. Normally changes are small but should have probably changed it for a new expansion. When each patch comes out or there is some major update I'll probably add a link to the top where the discussion starts or figure out something like that. =]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla
    I kind of compared all of them. 216 intellect is an obvious 216 intellect, it was the mana regen he asked about. Whether you want 4800 mana or 3% crit, there's really no way 4800 mana comes out ahead.
    Sry, my question wasn't all that clear. Next time I should take more time to write it

Primary I wanted to know if the Ember is an option in some way.
    My thoughts behind was, that it would be somewhat a middle way, because of the throughput increas through and a mana reg increase through the slightly bigger mana pool.
    The simple part of the mana gain (the 1.2k mana per Innervate) I got on my own. But I was unsure, if the 6k increased mana should fall into account in some way in the calculation.

And with our current small crit chance (except Regrowth) I thought, that the 3% increased crit bonus isn't really that much worth.

So if I got Maxvla right, the 3%crit bonus comes ahead of the 2% mana if I cast some Regrowth.
    As I still haven't jet fully switched from Clearcast -> Regrowth to Clearcast-> Healing Touch, I still use Regrowth very often.

Which would finnaly explain to me why there are simply only Revitalizing and Burning as an real option for us. (In way of throughput vs. regen).

10+ Year Old Account
    Sry, my question wasn't all that clear. Next time I should take more time to write it

Primary I wanted to know if the Ember is an option in some way.
    My thoughts behind was, that it would be somewhat a middle way, because of the throughput increas through and a mana reg increase through the slightly bigger mana pool.
    The simple part of the mana gain (the 1.2k mana per Innervate) I got on my own. But I was unsure, if the 6k increased mana should fall into account in some way in the calculation.

And with our current small crit chance (except Regrowth) I thought, that the 3% increased crit bonus isn't really that much worth.

So if I got Maxvla right, the 3%crit bonus comes ahead of the 2% mana if I cast some Regrowth.
    As I still haven't jet fully switched from Clearcast -> Regrowth to Clearcast-> Healing Touch, I still use Regrowth very often.

Which would finnaly explain to me why there are simply only Revitalizing and Burning as an real option for us. (In way of throughput vs. regen).
    Our crit chance may be small, but when you consider efflo ticks crit, rejuv ticks crit, lb ticks crit, regrwoth crits, wild groth ticks crit, your looking at huge amounts of crits all the time, my screen is constantly filled with big flashy numbers. I think the crit bonus offers a lot more than just a few regrowths and thus outshines any minimal mana gains.

Actually my calculations on the 'top' healers shows a 100k extra healing from the 3% crit so for us lesser mortals im sure we would gain 75k or so from the extra crit
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-10-12 at 11:51 PM.

Hello there Druids!
    Just a quick question since I wasn't able to find a definite answer elsewhere:

Do Resto Druid have any sort of interrupt that works on bosses? Mighty Bash is a stun so I'm not sure if it would do anything to those immune...

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Hello there Druids!
    Just a quick question since I wasn't able to find a definite answer elsewhere:

Do Resto Druid have any sort of interrupt that works on bosses? Mighty Bash is a stun so I'm not sure if it would do anything to those immune...
    Short answer no, not really.

Long answer: Glyph of Fae Silence and going into bear form and using faire fire for the silence - just not sure if it'd work on bosses (sometimes silence abilities say when used against silence immune targets, they are just interrupted instead, but glyph is not specific about that)

Deleted
    On elegon - the sparks can be entagle from what i have notice (typhoon not working) or rooted with our current spell. havent try hurricane glyphed.
    Is there someone who have the exact number for mastery % e.g. 15% needs that x ammount of mastery
    - i have 16% with 3203 but want to be sure how much exactly i need to reach 18%(using reforgelite)

Thank you.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfuryTalnivarr View Post
    Sad times when only really 3(4) specs bring this essential buff to a raid. Can't see 25 man team without it but with only 10 players you might just be in bad luck.
    This doesn't feel right to point out in a resto druid guide thread, but in an effort to be helpful: You can get the 5% haste buff from any hunter via a sporebat pet.

Deleted
    Hi Myrrar you say the 6652 Haste breakpoint is very accessible once gemmed, enchanted, and reforged.
    Is that with using Quick's Sun Radiance gems in every yellow socket?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoof View Post
    Hi Myrrar you say the 6652 Haste breakpoint is very accessible once gemmed, enchanted, and reforged.
    Is that with using Quick's Sun Radiance gems in every yellow socket?

Thanks.
    His WoWhead profiler isn't working. I assume it's with all haste gems/enchants/reforges which I don't agree with at all. Second haste cap isn't worth the amount of int, spirit, and mastery you'd need to drop for it until you have a nice bit of raid gear with haste already on it.

Since I can't see his profile where it shows what he did, I'll probably just remove it from the guide all together.

Deleted
    Does't it all depend on healing rotation and use of sotf or incarnation or even heart or nature vigil. I think while i agree with ,myrrar that sacrifice other stats for pure haste is not the best course of action would't the 5730 with sotf a much easier limit to reach and keeping some of your other stats and also boost your wild growth use? Also what do you reckon the 3rd glyph should be ? any change in the original thoughts of this guide? Rj vs healing touch vs regrowth? I am now going to test regrowth glyph in 25man enviroment to see how it goes in comparison with rj one who is supporting nourish spam but dont think i will see a vast hps improvement (and will miss the hot portion)

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Update: After lots of spreadhseet testing SotF seems to be underwhelming. Hamlet has seen a few things:
    • The only meaningful use of it is buffing WG, even if it buffs LB it's still unimpressive
    • The timing is awkward in the first place, depending on your WG/SM cooldowns (for example, the standard 10 and 15)
    • You're locking into using these spells together (or wasting the talent)--you're imposing a constraint on yourself
    • Even in the most favorable situation (10s WG, 12s SM), if it beats Incarnation on paper, you've given up flexibility.
    • Incarnation is a talent that gives strong numbers and adds a lot of flexibility (it's in the form of a powerful timer).
    "For the cost of a constant added constraint in your head of what order to cast spells in, I think you'd need a much stronger benefit than SotF is giving."
    I have seen elsewhere druids having a better time with ToL, so for right now I agree unless someone has different numbers.
    One more point to add: Taking SotF makes you feel obliged to reforge towards the WG(SotF) haste breakpoints, losing mastery and spirit.

I've quit WoW, so haven't updated my spreadsheets for MoP. I have however updated the haste breakpoint spreadsheet as that was relatively simple and there were quite a few requests for it to be updated. Enjoy!
    Last edited by tangedyn; 2012-10-17 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apostoloss View Post
    Does't it all depend on healing rotation and use of sotf or incarnation or even heart or nature vigil. I think while i agree with ,myrrar that sacrifice other stats for pure haste is not the best course of action would't the 5730 with sotf a much easier limit to reach and keeping some of your other stats and also boost your wild growth use? Also what do you reckon the 3rd glyph should be ? any change in the original thoughts of this guide? Rj vs healing touch vs regrowth? I am now going to test regrowth glyph in 25man enviroment to see how it goes in comparison with rj one who is supporting nourish spam but dont think i will see a vast hps improvement (and will miss the hot portion)
    It's not really that sotf is bad. If put in the optimal situation it isn't bad(though there are very few times where will be completely optimal) it barely beats out tree in overall potential effective throughput. Since it comes with negatives and not many positives tree is just better in general. If there comes a point where we are back to balnketing(or tol gets nerfed) it's possible that it will be better.

As of now though, for it to really be worth using you'd have to drop 2 glyphs that are better as a whole for 2 mainly just useful for that, and completely lock yourself into a rotation that may not even the best for the situation, for the talent to be used to it's full potential.

I've been messing with different glyphs a lot. I really loved the Blooming glyph in 5s/challenge modes/so on but when raiding it's just not as exciting because there is just too much other things to do than worry about adding 3 more LBs. If it blooms at a good time though, it leads to an insane amount of free healing.

LB is obviously pretty standard for a lot of fights.

WG, I'm going to try and find some math on. Before it was based on the amount of people you normally heal(much better for 25s than 10s). Since I was more focused/cared about being set up for challenge modes I don't use this one. I assume for 25s it's still the best.

RG I don't use, but I will be using this week. It will probably become a mandatory when looking at numbers from the 3 direct heals. I normally have enough RJs out that I don't need the hot to SM off of.

RJ is pointless. So for 10s, I'd probably do LB, RG, and RB or blooming. 25s, LB, RG, and WG.

The main change I'm seeing from when I did this to now would be like you said, the values of RG, HT, RJ, and nourish.

From the beginning I agreed nourish was basically not worth casting and the numbers show it's pretty accurate. I thought HT was going to be a lot closer to RG in efficiency and throughput in general. Now, RG far outweighs the other direct heals to the point where it may even be worth using with NS(which I didn't support at all in the beginning).

Nourish, even with the buff from a hot, has way too little hpm to be worth casting. Before it was just weak but didn't cast anything so could spam all day. Not the case anymore. Even when there isn't anything to do, it's better to wait until RG or HT wont go to overheal on someone like a tank or just wait to RJ/WG. Inching towards 100% with nourish just isn't efficient right now.

RJ I still think has it's place when WG isn't enough(possible RJ filling will be the cool thing to do again, not there yet with gear though).