Page 12 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i’m still kinda confused about what’s the better spirit or haste... i’ve tried with reforging for haste on every item that i could that made me heal more for a shorter time than going for spirit. as it looks now my regen is awful but i do not have any problems at healing heroics. when i reforged for the spirit part i had a very hard time to keep people alive especially the tank. For me it works best with the haste rating over spirit. Maybe the problem istn’t my stats more my healing style.. does anyone have an advice?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakydei View Post
    For example, in my gear 4 rejuv ticks (plus the talented heal on casting rejuv, forgot the name) give a total of 19548 healing (non-crit) for a mana cost of 4845 mana. This turns out to be 19548/4845=4,03 healing per mana (and obviously has a 1 sec "cast time" because of the talent reducing the gcd on rejuv bij 0.5 secs, so has 19548 HPS)

So the HPS difference between HT and RG is quite small (about 2K HPS) while the healing per mana of said spells is very different: Healing Touch gives you more than 1.5 times as much healing for your mana! Rejuvenation has even better efficiency, and costs less mana than regrowth, and also has higher HPS
    The HPS part of this is not true because Rejuv's healing is not applied in 1s but in its full 12s duration so its HPS is ~1.6k not 19.5k. If the tank is taking 10k damage per second then you can keep him up with spamming Regrowth but not with spamming Rejuv.

Anyways I do agree that Regrowth is an ineffective spell and should only be used on OoC proc or when really needed.

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 10:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by djpete View Post
    However, Blizz realizes this and is giving us 1) better mastery, 2) a slightly more justified reason to use RG over HT during omen procs. Of course, in tree form, the RG changes are VERY welcomed.
    I haven't thought about it yet but now you say it.. if Regrowth also refreshes LB then in ToL you just apply LB on a couple of people then just wait for OoC procs and refresh their LB with free and instant Regrowth. That will own

Deleted
    If you spam rejuv the HPS equals the HPCT.

If you use regrowth on CC, you are not taking your Nature's Grace into account. You might want to use then when you actually need that extra haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeri2 View Post
    If you spam rejuv the HPS equals the HPCT.

If you use regrowth on CC, you are not taking your Nature's Grace into account. You might want to use then when you actually need that extra haste.
    My method is exactly this. I use HT on OoC procs instead of RG and I use RG when I need the haste buff or when I'm in ToL. Although I probably will change my 8/2/31 spec to 2/3/36 so I won't have to worry about NG.

My point with the spamming Rejuv vs spamming Regrowth example was to show that Rejuv's HPS is not anywhere near 20k.

With the latest Patch Notes for 4.0.6, it seems as though they are buffing mastery for resto druids by 16%. Is it something we should worry about stacking now?
    Oh Teh Lulz

Quote Originally Posted by ajcmoney View Post
    With the latest Patch Notes for 4.0.6, it seems as though they are buffing mastery for resto druids by 16%. Is it something we should worry about stacking now?
    nothing really different stat priority wise. haste will still be better in most situations. only get mastery after you reach your haste breakpoints (LB's 12th tick at least - 1221 haste rating). I havent done any numbers, but i'd wager mastery will solidly pull ahead of crit rating instead of the two being mostly equal. The bigger change will be to our play style now that we get reduced cast time on our nourish when we have 3 rejuvs up. That and being able to use a lot more rejuv and WG in our rotations. all of which will help to increase mastery's benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjursta View Post
    My point with the spamming Rejuv vs spamming Regrowth example was to show that Rejuv's HPS is not anywhere near 20k.
    Ofcourse you dont spam rejuvenation on a single person, but for its execution time it gives very high healing; I was more talking about Healing per Execution time instead of HPS, should have been more clear. On a different note, this is not wotlk and tanks dont die in 3-4 hits in heroics (well, they shouldnt anyway), so I'd cast a rejuv on a tank thats at 50% before i'd cast a regrowth(unless you know major damage is inc soon in which cast he shouldnt be at 50% anyway): your tank is not going to die in the next gcd or two anyway, so rejuv is usually the better of the two in most situations

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakydei View Post
    Ofcourse you dont spam rejuvenation on a single person, but for its execution time it gives very high healing; I was more talking about Healing per Execution time instead of HPS, should have been more clear. On a different note, this is not wotlk and tanks dont die in 3-4 hits in heroics (well, they shouldnt anyway), so I'd cast a rejuv on a tank thats at 50% before i'd cast a regrowth(unless you know major damage is inc soon in which cast he shouldnt be at 50% anyway): your tank is not going to die in the next gcd or two anyway, so rejuv is usually the better of the two in most situations
    I totally agree with this. Usually I have more trouble with keeping up the lazy DPS then worrying about the tank. I usually have Rejuv on the tank all the time because it buffs LB and LB buffs Rejuv so it's a good thing.

Deleted
    I dont think Nature's Bounty is a useful talent even with its new functionality. I dont use Regrowth alot, I dont nourish at all. The nourish cast might be faster but with the reduced rejuv costs and the improved WG the use of nourish got even more limitted ill be casting rejuv not nourish! If I have to choose between dropping Moonglow / Furor or some other usefull talent or Nature's bounty I will drop Nature's Bounty since it just doesnt give as much benefits as the other talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyfus View Post
    i’m still kinda confused about what’s the better spirit or haste... i’ve tried with reforging for haste on every item that i could that made me heal more for a shorter time than going for spirit. as it looks now my regen is awful but i do not have any problems at healing heroics. when i reforged for the spirit part i had a very hard time to keep people alive especially the tank. For me it works best with the haste rating over spirit. Maybe the problem istn’t my stats more my healing style.. does anyone have an advice?
    Depends on your gear. Int is a better regen stat than spi. So if you have enough int+other stats your basic healing is going to outdo the regen you normally would have needed. In raids, it's completely different which is why so many people stack spi. They don't want to have to reforge back once they get into raids.

Once the patch goes out this will probably change, but as of now, pretty much every top end druid stacks spi(most of the healers in general) to be able to keep up in a raid.

Weren't they lowering the mana cost of Regrowth? I read that somewhere, but I don't see in the new patch notes.

Deleted
    They will buff the glyph of regrowth but wont change its mana costs. HoT keeps ticking till the affected person gets over 50% hp. Definetly worth taking imo.

I see thank you, as it looks now i reforged some stats to spirit and received almost 400 spirit by doing so. this actually helped a lot - thank you for your answer

Deleted

Need help for resto

Hello

My Ilvl is 321 or somthing, and im trying to heal cata dungeons, well, within 30 secs off that boss fight im OOM, i know im doing somthing wrong, but please tell me the main spells to heal someone in cata.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhatez View Post
    Hello

My Ilvl is 321 or somthing, and im trying to heal cata dungeons, well, within 30 secs off that boss fight im OOM, i know im doing somthing wrong, but please tell me the main spells to heal someone in cata.

Thanks.
    I moved your post to here since this is where everything you need to know will be. If you have specific questions after you read it feel free to ask =)

What do you think is better when the new patch goes live: the "Darkmoon Card: Tsunami" or the new alchemist stone "Vibrant Alchemist Stone"?
    (I'm sorry but I couldn't post direct link to them since this is my first post )

10+ Year Old Account
    Really depends. Most people still want to use Int/regen trinkets since it becomes a major source of their regen, and the alch one isn't a regen trinket. The haste is nice and the gem slot closes out the int gap, but I think most people will still use regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Depends on your gear. Int is a better regen stat than spi. So if you have enough int+other stats your basic healing is going to outdo the regen you normally would have needed. In raids, it's completely different which is why so many people stack spi. They don't want to have to reforge back once they get into raids.

Once the patch goes out this will probably change, but as of now, pretty much every top end druid stacks spi(most of the healers in general) to be able to keep up in a raid.
    neh not really. in fact not at all. i did what you are suggesting, with the spirit stacking back at the start and it was completely shit. sure i could keep mana but i was doing terrible healing. so i regemmed re-enchanted re-geared myself to intellect favored gear instead of spirit. i kept my combat regen around 2.2 /2.1k and left it at that.
    with more intellect not only did i heal better but, with a little bit of smart timing with cooldowns i was able to keep much much more mana than i was with just spirit stacking.

in short dont stack spirit its worthless - get a base combat regen that you are happy with and then shift all available stats to intellect or haste.

---------- Post added 2011-01-14 at 05:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhatez View Post
    Hello

Thanks.
    lifebloom and nourish are your main healing spells
    healing touch / regrowth to provide a large heal or a quick top up respectively
    rejuvenation to provide extra hots on a tank or to heal up someone who took moderate damage n wont take more for a while
    wild growth whenever someone except tank falls below 90%
    swiftmend - use to quickly top someone up or to provide medium aoe heals for a group of people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 312guiltyspark View Post
    neh not really. in fact not at all. i did what you are suggesting, with the spirit stacking back at the start and it was completely shit. sure i could keep mana but i was doing terrible healing. so i regemmed re-enchanted re-geared myself to intellect favored gear instead of spirit. i kept my combat regen around 2.2 /2.1k and left it at that.
    with more intellect not only did i heal better but, with a little bit of smart timing with cooldowns i was able to keep much much more mana than i was with just spirit stacking.

in short dont stack spirit its worthless - get a base combat regen that you are happy with and then shift all available stats to intellect or haste.
    There is no choice between int and spi. Int is a major stat, spi is a secondary stat. If you gemmed or enchanted spi you were doing it wrong. If you chose a spi/random proc trinket you were doing it wrong. You should always stack int on everything you have, and endgame druids stacked spi to keep up in aoe healing in 25s.

Most people when they started raiding, especially for HMs, stack spi since 1) mastery is lackluster. 2) Crit is lackluster. 3) they were in between haste caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    There is no choice between int and spi. Int is a major stat, spi is a secondary stat. If you gemmed or enchanted spi you were doing it wrong. If you chose a spi/random proc trinket you were doing it wrong. You should always stack int on everything you have, and endgame druids stacked spi to keep up in aoe healing in 25s.

Most people when they started raiding, especially for HMs, stack spi since 1) mastery is lackluster. 2) Crit is lackluster. 3) they were in between haste caps.
    mmm again im not sure i agree with you - on my realm we are a few guilds now who have killed at least 1 boss on heroic in 25man raids and all of us druid healers in those guilds share tabs with each other - didnt see any of us going for spirit stacking - int and haste were the things to go for, also a little bit of mastery since it makes a lot of difference on some fights.