Page 21 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    resto sticky at the top of the forum. read it. if you have any questions after that, feel free to ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Merging with the sticky. Everything you are asking is already there.

I only fooled with it for one raid, but I wasn't really impressed with the nourish change. I view my role to be a buffer healer, putting out steady widespread healing (in 25m at least).

Whether in 10 or 25, I don't think Nature's Bounty's buff to Nourish should justify spamming Nourish. For HPM, Rejuv is better. I would view Nourish be a more efficient version of Regrowth for spot/quick heals. The only situations where it might be better than Rejuv (or some other heal) are: 1) if Rejuv is likely to be mostly overheal, 2) if a player is low on health and Swiftmend is unavailable/inadvisable in that situation, or 3) Lifebloom needs to be refreshed on a tank who hadn't taken enough damage to justify casting Healing Touch (assuming you're tank healing).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtheway View Post
    If you are getting 6k AvERAGE nourishes

try LEARNING YOUR CLASS!!!!!! (and not raiding in ilvl 300 gear)

heal people that have a HoT on them. Hots such as rejuv/WG should always be on the raid in some manner. In some fights you can have a hot on someone 24/7(yay auto refresh regrowth on chimaeron).

If you ARE casting a nourish/HT, and there is NOT a hot on your nourish/HT target then you are doing something WRONG.

A very unhelpful post.

I tend to heal the person that needs healing, not the one that has a hot on them. Healing isn't about output, its about keeping people alive.

On a 10man raid, i would say you would be gaining from mastery maybe 8 heals out of 10 (complete guess, based on wildgrowth/rejuv coverage) on 25man this figure drops off a lot, since you have absolutely no control over where your wildgrowth lands. Pretty much every 25man guild runs with group based healing assignments and if i only get 1 wildgrowth on my group, i would either need to cast rejuv and then nourish on someone (why bother when you can allow rejuv to do the work most of the time) or heal with no mastery boost. Going for rejuv+nourish on someone takes 2xGCD whilst you can use a HT or Regrowth for better results.

The main healing situations you have

(A) tank is taking next to no dmg - fresh LB with LB and focus on rejuv on raid. Ok could use nourish but probably mainly overheal
    (B) tank is taking a pounding - HT on tank, nourish isn't powerful enough
    (C) raid taking pounding (AoE style dmg) rejuv people and move on, let rejuv handle pain. Anyone in serious problems regrowth (heals more than nourish, so if person is in trouble you ofc choose the fastest biggest heal you can)/HT
    (D) only a couple of raiders taking dmg - rejuv if enough, or top off with HT if they are in serious problems.

The issue for 25man raids, i can't really see a time i would want to use nourish. Pretty sure i will dump natures bounty, but need to experiement a bit more first.

For 10man where you have mastery kicking in a lot more I can see it being more useful.

Also check your WoL reports and see what your nourish heals on average, you might be surprised.
    Last edited by mmoc3d1e622b0e; 2011-02-14 at 11:19 AM.

Deleted
    I was talking to one of the top resto druids on the server and he completely dropped malfurion's gift for BotG, is it worth it do you think? (he had tsnami and favorite doll so i presume he doesnt really have mana issues)

Quote Originally Posted by Fateofman View Post
    I was talking to one of the top resto druids on the server and he completely dropped malfurion's gift for BotG, is it worth it do you think? (he had tsnami and favorite doll so i presume he doesnt really have mana issues)
    he better be 3/3 genesis also

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daydayhyphy View Post
    he better be 3/3 genesis also
    nope 3/3 moonglow and 2/3 furor

EDIT: also he said its not worth the 1221 LB tick, because it gets refreshed so often, which is very valid, so im thinking of reforging 305 haste -> mastery, as im sitting at 1222 at the moment.

Im a tank healer so may be a nice little boost of 2.5% more healing
    Last edited by mmoc1cd9ad8285; 2011-02-14 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    Well I have already test and try this build after the patch and I must say it rocks, for me at least, Im raiding 10 man. And always, I mean always end the first(I dont care about healing-meter though but people alive, but I know some people do). I have no mana issues either.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hrhZZrfzIb0ru0uo

Surely I ll try to remove 1 in Moonglow to max Genesis.

I'd really like to see his progression and gear. I find it hard to believe that he is having no mana issues in hard mode progression.

I reckon he goes OOM on a regular basis then. Malfurion's Gift is essential (especially if your tanking healing) and is down right invaluable even if you are not. Considering you can only get clearcasting state from this talent (and now not any other ability as a resto), it's essential.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodymass View Post
    I reckon he goes OOM on a regular basis then. Malfurion's Gift is essential (especially if your tanking healing) and is down right invaluable even if you are not. Considering you can only get clearcasting state from this talent (and now not any other ability as a resto), it's essential.
    I ran with it last night and i was fine, seeing as it only saves you what....1-2% mana? so i'm not so sure anymore, yes we did need it but now not so much.

More inspection is required i think

I ran with it last night and i was fine, seeing as it only saves you what....1-2% mana? so i'm not so sure anymore, yes we did need it but now not so much.

More inspection is required i think
    Napkin math was done a few posts ago, MG is worth quite a bit of mp5, assuming you are actually using your clearcasting procs (which there is no reason not to...). As per your previous post, haste is still the best throughput stat, regardless of HoT breakpoints.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Napkin math was done a few posts ago, MG is worth quite a bit of mp5, assuming you are actually using your clearcasting procs (which there is no reason not to...). As per your previous post, haste is still the best throughput stat, regardless of HoT breakpoints.
    Ah yes didnt see that there, thank you muchly.

Can i ask how haste is better?

I realise your spending less time casting and also casting more often, but surely mastery would have a similar throughput, as well as conserving mana?

some quick calcs cause im at work and should really be doing something else

305 points in haste = 2.38 % spell haste
    305 points in mastery = 2.47% more healing onto mastery

please slap me if i've done something stupid in my calculations
    Last edited by mmoc1cd9ad8285; 2011-02-14 at 03:49 PM.

Ah yes didnt see that there, thank you muchly.

Can i ask how haste is better?

I realise your spending less time casting and also casting more often, but surely mastery would have a similar throughput, as well as conserving mana?
    There are a lot of factors to look at, honestly. If you are tank healing, mastery is a very good stat to use, of course, and haste isn't as beneficial. However, breakpoints for certain abilities such as rejuvenation are still very helpful. Without checking treecals, I would assume stacking either exclusively would be a poor choice. Keep in mind that regardless of the breakpoints, haste increases the speed at which HoTs tick, and so will increase your lifebloom healing with every rating gained, as well as the speed at which you cast HT/nourish. My main point isn't that you should blow everything on haste so much as intentionally decreasing your haste to very low levels might not be a great idea.

Deleted
    There are a lot of factors to look at, honestly. If you are tank healing, mastery is a very good stat to use, of course, and haste isn't as beneficial. However, breakpoints for certain abilities such as rejuvenation are still very helpful. Without checking treecals, I would assume stacking either exclusively would be a poor choice. Keep in mind that regardless of the breakpoints, haste increases the speed at which HoTs tick, and so will increase your lifebloom healing with every rating gained, as well as the speed at which you cast HT/nourish. My main point isn't that you should blow everything on haste so much as intentionally decreasing your haste to very low levels might not be a great idea.
    Oh sorry i didnt mean stacking exclusivly I mean scrapping the haste breakpoint for rejuv at 915 because im sitting at 1222 at the moment. Seeing as im tank healing im never going to make use of that last lifebloom tick if you get what im saying, so i have 305 points to mess around with, is it more beneficial going for haste or mastery?
    Last edited by mmoc1cd9ad8285; 2011-02-14 at 03:56 PM.

Oh sorry i didnt mean stacking exclusivly I mean scraping the haste brewakpoint for rejuv at 915 because im sitting at 1222 at the moment. and seeing as im tank healing im never going to make use of that last lifebloom tick if you get what im saying, so i have 305 points to mess around with, is it more beneficial going for haste or mastery?
    You're honestly not likely to see a huge difference either way with so "little" rating, and both stats are still situational. For tank healing, you can make an argument for mastery being the better choice for healing over time per mana consumed, however, I would warn highly against avoiding haste because of this reasoning.

At this point, reforging or not is largely going to be your preference, but as you get more and more gear I wouldn't beat yourself up about staying around 915.

My point with lifebloom is that the ticks happen faster regardless of whether or not you're fitting in another tick. If the ticks are every second, and you get 10% haste, they come every .9 seconds (a rough example, but bear with me). Since you're constantly refreshing the stack, it doesn't matter what the breakpoints are for the extra tick, you're still getting direct benefit from haste for lifebloom either way.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2011-02-14 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    A very fair point, might give it a test run and see which one seems more sustainable TYVM for all your help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what Lysah said. It's sad that a HM druid on your server really doesn't know what he's talking about. Hitting the haste point for LB doesn't make LB last longer so when tank healing refreshing with direct healing negates it, it makes it tick faster giving it more healing in the same amount of time. For a tank healer, hitting your next LB break point is far more important then any other haste breakpoint.

Also, haste is a very good throughput stat for tank healing. But, so is mastery. And, crits not bad either. Meaning, get haste to your next break point then balance gear. Don't stop taking haste, don't ignore crit or mastery. After your breakpoint, gear around keeping that and upgrading gear that give you the most overall stat increase after, no mater what your secondary is. If you have no mana probs, reforge out of spi to other stats, but I'd leave the rest as is unless your close to the next haste cap.

Prior to 4.0.6, I dropped all points out of MG to take more points in constant throughput talents. ie: Genesis and Blessing of the Grove. Granted, that was when you could still get OoC procs outside of talenting MG. At this point, I've kept at least 1 talent point in MG while still spreading the other to a guaranteed throughput increase. A 2% guaranteed increase to periodic healing over a marginal extra chance to proc for the last point in MG is the trade-off that I usually go with.

---------- Post added 2011-02-14 at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    If you have no mana probs, reforge out of spi to other stats, but I'd leave the rest as is unless your close to the next haste cap.
    hehe I wish we never had mana problems :P