Page 24 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevos View Post
    By the way my enh shaman healing rain heals for more than my resto druids version, so yeah your dps shamans should be dropping them, especially since i assume ele shamans will heal for even more.
    tbf healing rain costs 46% base mana, which is quite a lot,

we get for 3-4k mana which is niiiice for amount of healing it does

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateofman View Post
    tbf healing rain costs 46% base mana, which is quite a lot,

we get for 3-4k mana which is niiiice for amount of healing it does
    True.

If it was disconnected from swiftmend then i would love it, but whilst it remains 'connected' most of the time my swiftmend has to be used to save someone who isn't in an ideal spot for the puddle, which is why i don't rate it. However in the end it comes down to what can you put the 3 points in and i guess the answer is not a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherylina View Post
    You can't compare Healing Rain and Effloresence. For one, Healing Rain costs a shaman about 10k mana. Effloresence for us is free.

That is the basic reason i took Effloresence, it is free healing so why not? I dropped Nature's Bounty in order to take Effloresence (still have NS/Nature's Cure/BoTG too) As Regrowth is used sparingly (only really with CC procs i didn't see much benefit from the crit it would provide especially after the CC nerf.
    .....if you don't have NB your regrowth has to hit for what, 5k? Is that really worth spending your clarity proc on? =/

Unless you mean you only used to use it with omen procs back when you had NB, in which case, that is a possibility. I still wouldn't discount it entierly, the free crit for 10k over one second plus a possible 20k swiftmend or so can save a life.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-02-16 at 06:19 PM. Reason: She fails at acronyms

Deleted
    I think he means its free if you are just using it as a bonus whenever you swiftmend someone, which is ofc true.

Its not free if you are using the swiftment to proc the puddle, its actually pretty pricey since you have lost a very powerful instant.

I will stick with it, after all if nothing else its handy for certain parts of mutliple fights and on others as said its just a free bonus on top of swiftment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, fights that you're stacked and efflor is max usable anyway, SM is used exactly how it should be. You should already have RJs out assuming you'll be throwing an efflor, SM the person who needs it most.

For fights like ODS, SM whoever needs it and let your raid adjust accordingly. Big fire aoe phase and efflor was 5 yards away from your tank, he should be skilled enough to move the melee quickly so they can stand in it.

People use the excuse that they don't play to max capability, so particular spells must be bad, when that just isn't the case.

well I was doing it wrong.
    When I first thought about going back to druid healing around Christmas everyone says NO YOU IDIOT rejuv is dead DONT USE IT!!!
    I was so discouraged after healing all of King that I said to heck with it I will pally tank and quickly just quit playing my duid.

Now people here are saying keep rejuv on the tank?
    please correct me on these things

1) it does not reset lifebloom, nourish and regrowth do.
    2) is it still sooooo cost ineffective and almost 0 healing that you take it off your bars?

I went with the LOW MANA build on jerks 8/2/31 and it does not have Nature's Swiftness
    That was one thing I thought about when this happened.

ps I was having trouble because it was a pug and when you have 2 mele standing side by side with the tank all I could think of was "isn't this going to be fun" NOT

The boss has a back....go find it

Quote Originally Posted by idrill View Post
    Hi, I am at 11,65% haste unbuffed. With 5% raid buff haste it shows 16,65% haste what should mean 9 ticks of WG but I still see only 8!!. Any idea?
    This cannot be right. Percentages for buffs are not an additive function but multiplicative function. So I dont know how you got 16.65% when it should be 17.2325% which is 4.19607% from the WG breakpoint for 9 ticks.

The required unbuffed haste for 9 ticks for WG is 21.4285714% * 128.05 ~ 2744. With 5% raid buff = 15.6462584% * 128.05 ~ 2004

You have it backwards. You need to be at 15.6462584% unbuffed and with 5% haste from the raid buff will put you at 21.428571% which is required for the 9th tick.

If I am mistaken please correct me. Myrrar am I correct or am I misunderstanding this post?

Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    well I was doing it wrong.
    Rejuvenation is one of our best spells again, it costs almost half the mana it used to when Cata went live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    .....if you don't have NG your regrowth has to hit for what, 5k? Is that really worth spending your clarity proc on? =/

Unless you mean you only used to use it with omen procs back when you had NG, in which case, that is a possibility. I still wouldn't discount it entierly, the free crit for 10k over one second plus a possible 20k swiftmend or so can save a life.
    NG = Nature's Grace? Wat?
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I don't let her out of the bedroom, but she escaped this morning....I'll edit it for her, lol

Actually, they upped the mana cost again so that it now is ~3/4's the cost of what it was when Cata went live.

i have actually a question, maybe im in the wrong forum but i recently switched heroic gale of shadows for tsunami, now that and fall of mortality put me down on haste around 11% from 14% ... is that a good idea? i normally have DI on me , but for chimaeron heroic they decided to give it to 2 pewpew spriests. now the question is , is that a good amount of haste or i should gem for it ? , currrently gear is reforged to haste and gems are with 3 exceptions, pure intellect . me confused

10+ Year Old Account
    Even so, my Regrowth heals for around 10k non crit in a 5man (just did a heroic) so in a raid a little more. I just can't justify taking NB over anything else, not that i wouldn't take it if i had the points spare ;>
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

10+ Year Old Account
    You want to be at at least 12.5%. This gives you an extra RJ tick. The next cap is 15% for Lb which is nice but not needed and in general, in the end you want to get up to 21.5%.

Do you have the 5% raid buff too? If you can get to 21.5% with 5%, 3%, and reforging and int/haste gemming, it's probably worth the change. If you can't get to that without 3% dark intent, I'd talk to your raid leader and explain just how much the next RJ tick is. If they still wont give it to you, go down to 12.5%.

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 01:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sherylina View Post
    Even so, my Regrowth heals for around 10k non crit in a 5man (just did a heroic) so in a raid a little more. I just can't justify taking NB over anything else, not that i wouldn't take it if i had the points spare ;>
    And agreed, depending on your points even EJ is going towards dropping NB after patch.

Ok, for the last 4 pages of junk

Listen up people.

This is a GENERAL guide/thread that posts useful information that most rdruids should know to best utilize their class in any raid type situation.

Thanks to the changes made in cata, resto druids do NOT have a set healing style that will deliver the optimum HPS or lifesaving heals, nor do they have an UBER BEST equip bonus(haste,mastery,crit). Resto druids are THE most flexible type of healer in the game, which makes for alot of different arguments on how to heal as a resto druid. You, as a player, also have alot of choices that will affect your raid, and how you heal. Some small things in our specs are even changeable depending on YOUR play-style, the skill of others in the raid, and the content you are raiding. Yes, you may get the highest numbers in YOUR raids by doing this that and the other thing, BUT that does not mean it is applicable to the rest of the community.

What I'm trying to say, is to start thinking for yourselves. Gather up all the information you can on your class, healing styles, rotations, specs, gearing options, EVERYTHING. And then TRY IT OUT. You are a druid, what other class gets to use as much intellect leather gear as you? Gather up as much gear as you can, try different things, experiment, then share those experiences.

BUT, try not to preach what worked best FOR YOU as THE ONLY WAY TO HEAL.

Every time a druid on my servers comes to me for help, I usually spend an hour or 2 asking questions about how they heal, which spells they used, what they were thinking when they chose their spec, which encounters they are doing, what kind of gear they have saved up, what kind of healing styles they are used to, how long they have been healing as a druid, which other content they healed. I ask them pretty much everything I can before I give them advice, and even then the conversation will break down into pure healing theory and break their thoughts away from what they have been doing. In almost every single case they go back to their raids with different thought processes on how to heal and then they utilize their class better because they are thinking about it more.

kk, enough of the rant

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    This is why I don't let her out of the bedroom, but she escaped this morning....I'll edit it for her, lol
    Still, I love regrowth, and I love its glyph. I can pretty much solo heal chimaeron 25 as far as the single nukes go.

im just wondering what enchant is better.. i have 2077 spirit regular and 3732 spirit with procs from trinkets and 4 piece teir gear. Power torrent or Heartsong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Power Torrent is always better by far. But, if you don't have the mats you don't have the mats. Your BiS weapon, get your guild to give you the mats or buy them. Anything outside of that, use heartsong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Still, I love regrowth, and I love its glyph. I can pretty much solo heal chimaeron 25 as far as the single nukes go.
    I want to use the Regrowth glyph as I tend use RG every time I get a CC proc so I can get the haste buff, a decent chance for a living seed and a free heal. But all the current prime glyphs are really good anyway. So what do you remove?

Even our major glyphs are lacking. Just so I don't have to take a useless glyph I make sure Nature's Swiftness is in my spec so at least the HT glyph is handy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles View Post
    I want to use the Regrowth glyph as I tend use RG every time I get a CC proc so I can get the haste buff, a decent chance for a living seed and a free heal. But all the current prime glyphs are really good anyway. So what do you remove?

Even our major glyphs are lacking. Just so I don't have to take a useless glyph I make sure Nature's Swiftness is in my spec so at least the HT glyph is handy.
    I only use Regrowth glyph for Chimaeron fight and when I do that I remove the LB one. But as I said just for that fight.