Page 71 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    dont think we need to change anything just help tanks with our new cds i guess ...we need some reforges for haste since we lose the relic and test to see how good our healing is now... but it would be interesting to see if our new talents make us take other roles in ds fights (e.g. soaking in morchok easier than before - no bear form+frenzy on)

Deleted
    A question regarding 5.0.4 patch.

Afaik, with the patch the manapool is normalized. So our mana reg via Innervate, Replenishment and Revitalize will drop.
    Do I have to stack more spirit then? Cause currently I have reforged more or less all my spirit reforged to mastery.
    I only want to pevent goning oom midfight.

And does the 2005 haste point still apply?

I must add that there is no any kind of replenishment in MOP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DatGizmo View Post
    A question regarding 5.0.4 patch.

Afaik, with the patch the manapool is normalized. So our mana reg via Innervate, Replenishment and Revitalize will drop.
    Do I have to stack more spirit then? Cause currently I have reforged more or less all my spirit reforged to mastery.
    I only want to pevent goning oom midfight.

And does the 2005 haste point still apply?
    We will have the same "philosophy" as holy priest. More regen=More throughtput and we will be limited with a 100k mana pool as far as i am aware and that is alot of regen going away

Deleted
    We might need some more spirit. About the 2005 haste breakpoint, it is not hard to reach and I would definitly assume we still want it.

What about new glyphs? What do you think?
    Posibly Regrowth, Lifebloom and WG?
    Last edited by Hofman; 2012-08-27 at 05:17 PM.
    -=Hofman=- resto dru EU-Azuregos

Deleted
    It's hard to tell "no brainer" glyphs or whatever you prefer to call them.

It's really fight dependant.

10+ Year Old Account
    After many PMs and discussion I'll take back over the guide for now. Many people need and want it updated constantly and the writer to stay active now that raids are being released. If I decide to not continue playing my resto druid and know I won't be able to give 100% to it I'll find someone who will.

I redid it all leaving what was correct and I agreed with and changing what wasn't. I'm taking all of my information from EJ right now. If you see anything incorrect feel free to point it out. I'll go back through the old thread and check what you guys were saying was wrong and not fixed.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2012-10-03 at 03:09 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    mp5 calcs for trinkets someone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ebah View Post
    mp5 calcs for trinkets someone?
    A trinket list is started at EJ

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also in the OP.

The Symbiosis spell that Tanks now get has changed. We cannot provide them with Cooldowns anymore. According to the blue post in the front page:

Symbiosis has been changed, and now grants the following abilities:
    Protection warriors - Stampeding Shout
    Blood death knights - Wild Mushroom: Plague
    Protection paladins - Wrath
    Brewmaster monks - Bear Hug
    Other than that, the only thing I kinda disagree with it is Macro'ing NS to HT. I've used it quite often to instantly ress a fallen tank and save the group from a wipe.
    Ashr

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, will have to update the Symbiosis nerf.

As for NS/HT:
    • NS is on a 1min CD. Macro it to both if you like it with RB.
    • NS has a 1 min CD, so you pretty much want to use it on CD if someone can use the heal. NS is no longer mainly an emergency heal, but a buff to burst single target which we are lacking compared to other classes.
    • RB has such a fast cast time NS really isn't needed.
    • NS gives a 50% increase to the heal, it makes HT amazing.

I will personally never macro it to RB. I had my vuhdo auto RB people who die in combat next whatever I tried to do to them and it was so fast that I couldn't jump cancel fast enough. Had to just bind it because I ended up ressing people I didn't want to. RB doesn't need to be faster at the expense of a 1 min+50% healing to an auto cast CD.

Ah, I don't macro it at all. I just have it bound to a key I can access very quickly. 95% of the time, it gets used on reaction for Healing Touch but I keep it separate so I can use it for Rebirth if I ever need it to ress a tank super quickly. For other raid members, I just get them up normally.
    Last edited by Ashrr; 2012-10-04 at 07:58 AM.
    Ashr

Isn,t it that we should keep NS ready on CD, I mean click NS and have it ready each time it s available,
    and then just when you want to use either RB or HT you just hit whatever spell is necessary, be it HT or RB?
    Acting this way, there no point to macro it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    Isn,t it that we should keep NS ready on CD, I mean click NS and have it ready each time it s available,
    and then just when you want to use either RB or HT you just hit whatever spell is necessary, be it HT or RB?
    Acting this way, there no point to macro it.
    What if you want to Nourish or Regrowth instead?
    Ashr

10+ Year Old Account
    Nourish heals so little you never want to use NS with it. RG heals so fast you never want to use NS with is. RB is so fast it's fine to use NS with it if it's off CD, but also not really worth it if you can use it with HT instead. If you want to use NS on a spell that will do the most healing it would be HT. HT also has the slowest cast time, which is also why it's best for it.

Most people macro it to HT because if it's off CD it will auto use it with the best spell without having to think about it. If you see NS is up and you aren't HT, you can use it for something else.

You macro NS to HT, not HT to NS.

You're acting like if you macro it to HT you can never use it for anything else ever which isn't the case. You macro it to HT because it's by far the best spell to use it for. Macro it to RB, RG, every spell if you really want to. Taking out steps when trying to focus on raid encounters is the staple of good healers, there is zero reason not to bind it to HT.

I find it hard to believe if someone dies and it's off CD you can't hit your bind and RB but instinctual must press NS/HT instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Nourish heals so little you never want to use NS with it. RG heals so fast you never want to use NS with is. RB is so fast it's fine to use NS with it if it's off CD, but also not really worth it if you can use it with HT instead. If you want to use NS on a spell that will do the most healing it would be HT. HT also has the slowest cast time, which is also why it's best for it.

Most people macro it to HT because if it's off CD it will auto use it with the best spell without having to think about it. If you see NS is up and you aren't HT, you can use it for something else.

You macro NS to HT, not HT to NS.

You're acting like if you macro it to HT you can never use it for anything else ever which isn't the case. You macro it to HT because it's by far the best spell to use it for. Macro it to RB, RG, every spell if you really want to. Taking out steps when trying to focus on raid encounters is the staple of good healers, there is zero reason not to bind it to HT.

I find it hard to believe if someone dies and it's off CD you can't hit your bind and RB but instinctual must press NS/HT instead.
    I didn't mean using NS with Nourish or Regrowth. That would be pretty stupid. I should have worded it better when I was responding to mikoslav: From his question, it seemed like he was asking if we should pop NS every time it came off CD and then use either an HT on a Rebirth. If you switched targets at that point to someone who just needed a Nourish, or a quick Regrowth from a clearcast proc, the NS would be wasted.

As for the macro issue, you are definitely right about minimizing steps (although I've just gotten used to my way of doing it.). It's just that I've come across many druid healers who don't have NS in their bars outside of the NS / HT macro at all because most guides simply say "Macro NS with HT". As a result, there are quite a few people who follow blindly, failing to realize that it can be used with other spells should the need ever arise.

Whether you should ever use NS for a Rebirth is personal preference IMO and in my experience, it has definitely been helpful, like in Ragnaros HC if someone dies while you're dancing to world in flames or if you're healing the add tank in P3 of Nef HC and he dies: you can rebirth him while running away from those adds or crap on the ground.
    Last edited by Ashrr; 2012-10-04 at 05:05 PM.
    Ashr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    -snip-
    Yeah, definitely agree. Now that NS is 100x better I'll probably add a section on it.

Deleted
    Nice update. Is Price of Progress MP5 updated with the hot fix on the trinket? Also NV and HotW lasts 45 and 30 sec not 30 and 20 secs.