Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    Besides the fact that Grid cannot do everything vuhdo can, the best part of vuhdo is it all being in one addon. There are never conflicts, never bugs, never one part not being updated for the patch.

Hot bars, auto BR/buff, the vast amount of indicators/places to have them, bouquets, way better direction arrows, auto triggers, auto double click stop casts(which I really hate but apparently a lot of people use), the vast amount of buff tracking options, and the types of panel options are all either something grid doesn't have at all, or does very poorly.

I've used grid extensively and have taken time to customize it even more than Vuhdo, and it doesn't even come close to the amount of unique options and customization vuhdo has. The author is extremely active, any option any other addon brings he/whoever else works on it almost instantly adds. If there is something all the other addons don't have and someone really wants it, post on his forums and it's added too.

There is literally nothing grid has that vuhdo doesn't or has implemented into something else while vuhdo has multiple other qualities that are better than grid and/or healbot. The only healers I have ever met(at least top tier) that use grid over vuhdo are those that are just stuck on grid since they have used it for expansions.
    As I stated there is only one thing that vuhdo can do that Grid dont, that is cluster indicator linked to a spell CD. Grid has a cluster plugin, but it dont have a spell cd link to it, i dont know why, cause it is not that hard to implement. If I was starting to heal now, i would go for vuhdo, already tried it, but i cant get used to it. I use cluster indicator on grid with a small side indicator. On vuhdo, all side indicator need to have the same size, you can download plugins to grid to configure each indicator to have his own size, show as number, a bar, a icon, just a square that changes color when the spell is expiring. You can move the side indicators, icon indicators and text indicator, to show the size and put them anywhere on the players grid, on vuhdo, you have 2 options to choose where the indicators will stay.

Just say anything that vuhdo has that i will show how to do it on grid.
    Last edited by AvatarM; 2013-06-09 at 02:58 AM.

Deleted
    for me the most annoying thing on grid was the addontab showing A LOT of grid-addons. I think grid can do nearly the same like vuhdo or the other way round but on grid you must plan your Ui and you must know what kind of additional addons you want to use or not. That way means: You must be a professional healer - knowing what type of Ui fits you best.

On Vuhdo its the same if you are just a starter or a progamer. All "possible" addons of grid are already in vuhdo installed and you can easily play around with them and find your "best way" to heal with it.

In my opinion its like dbm or bigwigs. Take what you prefer more. IMO if you are starter healer try vuhdo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarM View Post
    As I stated there is only one thing that vuhdo can do that Grid dont, that is cluster indicator linked to a spell CD. Grid has a cluster plugin, but it dont have a spell cd link to it, i dont know why, cause it is not that hard to implement. If I was starting to heal now, i would go for vuhdo, already tried it, but i cant get used to it. I use cluster indicator on grid with a small side indicator. On vuhdo, all side indicator need to have the same size, you can download plugins to grid to configure each indicator to have his own size, show as number, a bar, a icon, just a square that changes color when the spell is expiring. You can move the side indicators, icon indicators and text indicator, to show the size and put them anywhere on the players grid, on vuhdo, you have 2 options to choose where the indicators will stay.

Just say anything that vuhdo has that i will show how to do it on grid.
    Incorrect. There are extensive icon options. You can place them 14 different areas around the panel OR use one of the 2 basic layouts which space them out in the most efficient way. You can scale all of them together or scale each one specifically. You can change them from icons, to triangles, if they show text and if they show stacks, if they change color by time or not. Each icon you can change in a dozen ways specifically or all together. The hot bars are also superior. Just because you haven't taken the time to go through all the hundreds of Vuhdo options doesn't mean they aren't there. This is why so many people wouldn't change for a long time, even if it's superior they don't want to take the time to set a new addon up.

I listed some of the things vuhdo can do that grid can't, there are more. I know what grid can do, I worked with it for years, worked on programming my own plugins when I still used it, and wrote multiple resto druid guides on setting it up.

Even IF grid had all the same plugins vuhdo had, the fact that you have to use an addon with a dozen+ pieces made by all different authors with different skill levels and who update/work on their pieces at different times makes it inferior. Technology wise, an addon having to call 20 different addons to work isn't going to be as fast, accurate, or bug free as an addon with it all in one, as long as it was done correctly. That's why in the past vuhdo was so superior(it may still be now, I just don't want to make any claims when I haven't looked it up in awhile), comp to server latency and back does make a difference.

The only real way grid would be better than Vuhdo atm would be if it had all the things everyone uses from vuhdo and brought something else that was worth using 20 addons instead of one.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2013-06-09 at 05:57 PM.

Incorrect. There are extensive icon options. You can place them 14 different areas around the panel OR use one of the 2 basic layouts which space them out in the most efficient way. You can scale all of them together or scale each one specifically. You can change them from icons, to triangles, if they show text and if they show stacks, if they change color by time or not. Each icon you can change in a dozen ways specifically or all together. The hot bars are also superior. Just because you haven't taken the time to go through all the hundreds of Vuhdo options doesn't mean they aren't there. This is why so many people wouldn't change for a long time, even if it's superior they don't want to take the time to set a new addon up.

I listed some of the things vuhdo can do that grid can't, there are more. I know what grid can do, I worked with it for years, worked on programming my own plugins when I still used it, and wrote multiple resto druid guides on setting it up.

Even IF grid had all the same plugins vuhdo had, the fact that you have to use an addon with a dozen+ pieces made by all different authors with different skill levels and who update/work on their pieces at different times makes it inferior. Technology wise, an addon having to call 20 different addons to work isn't going to be as fast, accurate, or bug free as an addon with it all in one, as long as it was done correctly. That's why in the past vuhdo was so superior(it may still be now, I just don't want to make any claims when I haven't looked it up in awhile), comp to server latency and back does make a difference.

The only real way grid would be better than Vuhdo atm would be if it had all the things everyone uses from vuhdo and brought something else that was worth using 20 addons instead of one.

Thats the thing, all things you said, grid can do too, with the right plugins. I tried to change to vuhdo once, took a entire day to put vuhdo look a like my grid, since i use the almost the same grid config for a long time and im used to it. didn´t like the results. There is no reason for some1 that uses grid for a really long time to change to vuhdo, else to use a cluster indicator with a spell cd linked to it. People keep saying that vuhdoo is so much better then grid, that vuhdo have 123132 options that grid doesnt have, and thats not true. Last week i was playing in my laptop traveling, and didnt have a backup for my addons. A config my grid in less then 1 hour, with all details and plugins that i needed. With vuhdo, would take days. For tank CDs, i just download gridstatustankcooldwns, and marked the cds that i would like to track and what i dont. In Vuhdo, i would need to configure a bucket by hand with all tank cds that i need. This is one exemple. Vuhdo takes a really long time to configure. And really, what are the options that vuhdo has that grid with plugins hasnt?

Don´t get me wrong, im not trying to tell people that they should play with grid instead of vuhdo. If I was new at healing, probably i would use vuhdo. But there is no reason to change to vuhdo for someone that is used to grid.

And for plugins/bugs, I dont have problems with grid addons, even on patch days. Last problem i had was with gridstatusdirectionarrow, with ToT released. Upgreaded the libmap inside the plugin, same day working. I think that was the only addon that i needed to change by hand in all MoP.

I would only change to vuhdo, if some1 proves for me that vuhdo has a better performance then grid, that it refresh the life faster or something. As far as i know, peformance wise, both are the same thing.
    Last edited by AvatarM; 2013-06-10 at 05:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I listed what Grid doesn't have or does worse than Vuhdo(like arrows and indicators). Saying it has them doesn't make it have them...

I messed up my addons and had to completely reconfig everything, it took me 5 minutes to make Vuhdo perfect by just going through each tab and knowing what needed to be changed. That has nothing to do with the addon, that has to do with you knowing how to set up grid and not knowing how to set up vuhdo. Also, all the tank CDs are auto on Vuhdo, you don't need to add them specifically. You can turn whichever ones you don't want on and off with a click. The amount of options even I don't use very well is actually shocking. He adds literally everything anyone has ever wanted that was useful for healing bars: http://vuhdoguide.blogspot.com/2011/...lkthrough.html

Clearly you have no intention on actually knowing what Vuhdo can do vs. Grid nor have any intention on changing even if it's better. That's fine. But don't tell people they are equal addons, they aren't. Especially for resto druids(and holy priests). If you don't think one addon written by the same author and updated at the same time, pulling all it's information from one place isn't going to not only be less taxing on the cpu(with all the plugins it uses less memory too, but memory usages is far less important than cpu), and have less of a hassle pulling it's information from the server/combat log, and having to also have information pulled and given by another addon that's absolutely required to make it on par(clique), I don't know what to tell you. The authors main concern is making it work as fast as it possibly can while being as little cpu taxing as it possibly can. Have a better cpu than normal? You can adjust the addon to update even faster.

I don't care what addon's best, as long as it's the best. If grid was better, or equal, I'd say so and use it. Fact is, it's not.

when you reapply hasted lifebloom (assuming we're using sotf) using a direct heal. does it keep the hasted hot, or reapply a new hot completely (unhasted)?

SotF Lifebloom, unless there were recent changes, basically never works on targets other than yourself. This is likely somewhere between a bug and a tech limitation.

I listed what Grid doesn't have or does worse than Vuhdo(like arrows and indicators). Saying it has them doesn't make it have them...

I messed up my addons and had to completely reconfig everything, it took me 5 minutes to make Vuhdo perfect by just going through each tab and knowing what needed to be changed. That has nothing to do with the addon, that has to do with you knowing how to set up grid and not knowing how to set up vuhdo. Also, all the tank CDs are auto on Vuhdo, you don't need to add them specifically. You can turn whichever ones you don't want on and off with a click. The amount of options even I don't use very well is actually shocking. He adds literally everything anyone has ever wanted that was useful for healing bars: http://vuhdoguide.blogspot.com/2011/...lkthrough.html

Clearly you have no intention on actually knowing what Vuhdo can do vs. Grid nor have any intention on changing even if it's better. That's fine. But don't tell people they are equal addons, they aren't. Especially for resto druids(and holy priests). If you don't think one addon written by the same author and updated at the same time, pulling all it's information from one place isn't going to not only be less taxing on the cpu(with all the plugins it uses less memory too, but memory usages is far less important than cpu), and have less of a hassle pulling it's information from the server/combat log, and having to also have information pulled and given by another addon that's absolutely required to make it on par(clique), I don't know what to tell you. The authors main concern is making it work as fast as it possibly can while being as little cpu taxing as it possibly can. Have a better cpu than normal? You can adjust the addon to update even faster.

I don't care what addon's best, as long as it's the best. If grid was better, or equal, I'd say so and use it. Fact is, it's not.

Grid has indicators.. wtf. Gridstatusdirectionarrows for arrows. One more time you didn´t tell any function that vuhdo has that grid with plugins haven´t. You just say it do more things, and dont give examples. How you can be sure that grid have worst performance then vuhdo, just because plugins are from different authors? it means nothing. They probably have almost the same performance and you are just defending vuhdo cause you think its better. A lot of top tiers priests, druids and monks, that i watch on twitch uses grid, if grid was bad as you keep saying, they would not use it. One more time, i think vuhdo is a good addon, and if i were new, i would probably use it, but there is no reason to change for vuhdo if you use are used to grid.

Why has the Druid guide descended into a page of 'my addon is better than yours'? It wouldn't be too bad if it was constructive but it just seems to be the same points over and over.

thx, i'll keep that in mind while raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarM View Post
    Grid has indicators.. wtf. Gridstatusdirectionarrows for arrows. One more time you didn´t tell any function that vuhdo has that grid with plugins haven´t. You just say it do more things, and dont give examples. How you can be sure that grid have worst performance then vuhdo, just because plugins are from different authors? it means nothing. They probably have almost the same performance and you are just defending vuhdo cause you think its better. A lot of top tiers priests, druids and monks, that i watch on twitch uses grid, if grid was bad as you keep saying, they would not use it. One more time, i think vuhdo is a good addon, and if i were new, i would probably use it, but there is no reason to change for vuhdo if you use are used to grid.
    I said "or does worse". I already listed what it doesn't do and you never replied with links, because there aren't any.

Anyway, I agree. You aren't listening and are just talking in circles so no point to the discussion anymore. If you want to be stubborn and use a mediocre addon, good luck to you.

Deleted
    Druid is good in pvp rgb / arena or shaman?

I have a question regarding how much spirit i should have. I read the guide and i know it said whatever you feel comfortable and wont go oom, but just looking for a general round about number that i should look to aim for. i currently have 11,500 spirit in 490 ilvl gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you just doing LFR or raiding?

If you're running LFR I really wouldn't recommend anything over 8k, even for ToT. If you're raiding, it's going to depend on what you're progressing on and your raid group.

So i just switched ot full time resto after being boomkin for most of this expansion. Doing great so far but I'm running suboptimal trinkets and wanted to pick y'alls brains for a minute on which 2 to use. I'm running very spirit heavy and rejuv spamming like a boss and putting out pretty good numbers and have my gear set up where i'm running out of mana pretty much perfectly at the end of the fight.

I raid 25mans for reference.

Anywho down to business

Of the trinkets currently in my bags, which would you use in my situation

502 Horridons
    522 Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn
    522 Lightning-Imbued Chalice

Side question, has anyone ran a 25man rejuv spam build with the Stolen Relic of Zuldazar macro'd into rejuv and what the throughput of that is, can't seem to find any information on the subject.
    Last edited by krosber04; 2013-06-28 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Horridon's last grasp + Chalice. Hydra one is terribad, the proc does on average 1.1% of your healing over a fight.

Regarding chalice, I don't think it's terribly good and you'd probably be better trying to get the valor one since the proc from chalice will do so much overhealing it's not really worth it. If anyone wants to argue against that they can, but that's my opinion on it.

I'm currently progressing on Lei shen heroic and use Horridon's last grasp and valor one. The mana back is really nice, ~30k every 3mins may seem like a lot but if you use it at least twice a fight it's very high mp5.

This is kind of random but does anyone have the formula to who how much healing Lifebloom will do? The one on wowhead doesn't work for me for some reason. I'm using this to make a spreadhseet in hopes to figure out at what ilvl I can break t15 4 set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heals the target for [ 9,315 + 5.7% of Spell Power ] over 15 sec. When Lifebloom expires or is dispelled, the target is instantly healed for [ 8,150 + 75.2% of Spell Power + 75.2% of Nature Spell Power ]. This effect can stack up to 3 times on the same target.

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/33763-lifebloom

Is 20 ilvls better than the 4piece tier 15? I'm still stuck with the raid finder tier helm, but I have access to the Spirit Keeper's helm. Here's my armory: normal armory link + en/character/malganis/Othinsson/simple

Short answer is no. It takes ~4.2k in sp/mastery to be worth dropping 4 set and you have to gain the 4.2k budget soley from dropping all 4 of the tier peices you are using.