Cool BOA Warrior weapon?

Hey everyone. Tonight i am going to make a Goblin Warrior and let it use the BOA items that give the extra xp.

The question is, my rogue has Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge and i wondered if this would be of any use to my warrior whilst levelling up?

Thanks for any help.

/edit Tried linking the weapon but i do not have enough posts

Thats the Main hand sword right?

If it is get a shield and you will be good for prot leveling.

I have that ready for my Worgen Warrior... along with the "hairloom" plate shoulders/chest, bow and trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by EviLNygma View Post
    I have that ready for my Worgen Warrior... along with the "hairloom" plate shoulders/chest, bow and trinket.
    The trinket is ehhh >_>

Dal'Rends seems useful for prot leveling though

Ok, is prot the best spec for levelling a warrior, and is there any BOA shields?

If you dungeon level its fast.

Sorry no BOA shields as of yet. Shouldn't be an issue if you dungeon level tho as you'll get some nice blue ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalazar View Post
    If you dungeon level its fast.

Sorry no BOA shields as of yet. Shouldn't be an issue if you dungeon level tho as you'll get some nice blue ones.
    This indeed. You could also go Fury if you get the Heirloom Sword from Wintergrasp in Offhand with Dal'Rend in main hand, it has a chance to proc another attack on swing.

The new quests also provide many nice shields with strength and stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    This indeed. You could also go Fury if you get the Heirloom Sword from Wintergrasp in Offhand with Dal'Rend in main hand, it has a chance to proc another attack on swing.
    I don't know about that, I would've figured Arms to be superior at lower levels due to higher white hit damage (?), more rage (?) - confirm/deny?

Either way, got my 2nd war at 20 right now (just out of boredom) and Arms is pretty damn easy to level with. The greatest advantage I see in prot are instant dungeon queues.

You dont want to dungeon level come cata, they already lowered the xp rate for them. They said they want you to use them tp pick up gear and to do the quests, not to level extremely quick. You're going to do better as arms or fury and questions to your heart's content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    You dont want to dungeon level come cata, they already lowered the xp rate for them. They said they want you to use them tp pick up gear and to do the quests, not to level extremely quick. You're going to do better as arms or fury and questions to your heart's content.
    what he said, Dungeon xp got hit with the nerfbat hard... theyre pushing players to explore the new storylines of the world, not faceroll dungeon after dungeon, take you pick from the wide variety of 2h weapons and go arms, or grab the equally impressive line up of 1h for fury and chain quests and see the world

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor View Post
    I don't know about that, I would've figured Arms to be superior at lower levels due to higher white hit damage (?), more rage (?) - confirm/deny?

Either way, got my 2nd war at 20 right now (just out of boredom) and Arms is pretty damn easy to level with. The greatest advantage I see in prot are instant dungeon queues.
    Until TG/SMF fury is pretty crappy if you ask me. And in bad gear it is actually a much harder spec to play because you can rage starve yourself very easily. If you have a druid tank or a tank that isn't very good with aoe threat yet fury also falls behind because you will die if you try to aoe much.

With the new quests leveling is so fast in BoA gear it is almost stupid. It is also really fun, at least what I have done so far.

Personally, I'd say get the 2h great axe heirloom, put Crusader on it, and go Arms. Fury is fine to level with, but you will notice you'll be auto-attacking most of the time due to lack of Rage.

Benefits to leveling arms:
    1. Strongest single hits for lowest levels since you'll be using stuff based on weapon damage and well .... 2 hander.
    2. Easier time hitting things since you have a much lower hit-target than the 27% fury really needs to shine.
    3. As long as you're fighting one enemy at a time expect a fast time of it, especially with a trinket that heals you after you kill each enemy. (Swift hand of justice.)

Weapon you'll want to use: http://www.wowhead.com/item=42943 Bloodied Arcanite Reaper enchanted with Crusader.

Benefits to leveling fury:
    1. Best self healing through Bloodthirst.
    2. Easier time than arms when fighting multiple opponents.
    3. Generally an easier rotation than arms as you level up, fewer procs to watch.

Weapon you'll want to use: http://www.wowhead.com/item=42945 Venerable Dal'Rends in Main Hand, http://www.wowhead.com/item=44096 Battleworn Thrash in off-hand, or http://www.wowhead.com/item=48716 Venerable Mass of McGowan in both hands or off-hand to Dal'Rend.
    Weapon you'll want to use once TG becomes available: http://www.wowhead.com/item=42943 Bloodied Reapers x2, the AP boost given from using strength weapons over agility just pushes TG way over SMF until you can get to level 80 and start looking at new weapons.

Whichever weapon you choose both main and off-hand get crusader enchants.

Benefits to leveling prot:
    1. Great practice if you're going to be main-specing tank at 80 - when dungeons start really needing a dedicated tank.
    2. While you have less self-healing you do have some of the best survivability around and with the tanking changes of LK and Cat put together you do pretty darn good damage both AoE and single-target.
    3. Once you gain Warbringer you'll gain the most mobility out of all the warrior specs. Which is amazing for zipping around areas and just crushing things.

Weapon you'll want: http://www.wowhead.com/item=42945 Venerable Dal'Rends or http://www.wowhead.com/item=48716 Venerable Mass of McGowan

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Trix09 View Post
    Hey everyone. Tonight i am going to make a Goblin Warrior and let it use the BOA items that give the extra xp.

The question is, my rogue has Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge and i wondered if this would be of any use to my warrior whilst levelling up?

Thanks for any help.

/edit Tried linking the weapon but i do not have enough posts
    It's a great weapon for tanking. Use it until 78 (then Cata green weapons are far better).
    You can tank whatever you talent points are until level 40 (maybe even more).
    In instances, with this weapon, you'll out-dps everybody tanking prot until lvl 78 (well, most of the time).

Do not loot anything until Cata, you'll rush way faster, for maybe 1k loss on 78 level of levelling (most money comes from quests anyway so...). Even if you miss epic items, they are sold for less than 200g nowadays, nothing that is worth wasting 10h for maybe a 200g gain. Loot 1 or 2 mobs of each quest you're doing though, as they might drop a free-quest item (if you miss it, it really isn't much of a problem considering the time gained beside).

Remember heirlooms chest and shoulders XP bonus stop working @80, do not hesitate to put greenies from Cata (but keep them from 78 to 80).

The 2h axe is a must for levelling with arms spec. You become a mobsplitter.

Check you guild rewards for the new heirlooms (though I think the requirements are pretty high given Cata is less than 48h old...)

Have Fun !

I'm not sure if anyone has done this but for my warrior I took Dal'Rends and the dagger from wintergrasp. I have both enchanted with crusader because you can use it at level 1. This works great while leveling because the crusader proc is very powerful until you hit 60 then it starts to scale back quite a bit but for low levels its a great enchant to have. Just to give you an idea... on my level 13 warrior I can 1-2 shot most same level mobs when the crusader procs and with it on both weapons it is up a good amount of the time. If you go fury it is a great way to go.