Thread: NpcScan Help

NpcScan Help

Last time I scanned Vyragosa and cleared my cache, NpcScan didn't go off when she spawned again.
    The cache folder was in recycle bin, but not perm. deleted. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the issue though.

I'm wondering if running Silverdragon along with Npcscan would cause any problems, and what the best macro to target an Npc would be.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    For macro /target <insert npc name>?.. then bind it to scroll wheel on mouse or something

lol yeah i remember when i first heard about time-lost i wandered around storm peaks scrolling my scroll wheel like never before, for a few hours

Deleted
    i always only used npcscan. never had problem after clearing my cache folder. so imo i suggest NOT using any other addon that scans for it, just to be sure.

Ok.. You don't need to delete your entire cache, only your creature cache file. Make sure you have wow closed when you do it else u might have the same issue.

Havn't used silver dragon... What I do use in conjunction with NPC_SCAN is a programme called BLOODYRARE V1.5 (dont use 1.6 as it's broken). It will create a /target macro for you that automatically updates which ever map your on and again, the two wont conflict.

Otherwise just do the followi9ng or similar in a macro:
    /cleartarget
    /target Vyragosa
    /target Time-Lost Proto Drake
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /cast *insert any instant cast spell here*
    /use Snowfall Lager
    /tell *insert your name here* > %t <
    /script PlaySound("RaidWarning")

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanos2300 View Post
    i always only used npcscan. never had problem after clearing my cache folder. so imo i suggest NOT using any other addon that scans for it, just to be sure.
    Well I got yet another Skoll spawn yesterday as well, and Silverdragon did pick it up, but not until I got really close.

I'm wondering if having the Cache folder in your recycle bin would cause an Npc to remain chached.

I'm worried because Time-Lost is already cached, and it won't go off if he spawns.

It won't matter if its one or a dozen addons since they rely on a basic feature of the game.
    The game will cache the information on a mob the first time it sees it to prevent spamming the server every time.
    It is this local cache that npcscan, silver dragon etc query periodically, and once information is returned about the mob, it means it has been "seen".
    The location of the cache actually being used may not always be in the wow folder because of operating system restrictions.
    Give us the operating system version and install location for wow you are using.

I had the same issue, but luckily it's a quick fix. It's a setting of the Add-On.

Enter /npcscan and when the pop-up menu shows, check the box that reads "Search for completed Achievement NPCs." Viola. Vyragosa will be tracked again.