Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Oh dear...no one saw these login problems coming (for the third time) :P

For a company with so much "expertise", you would think someone would realize that half of Europe trying to access the same server might not work? It's like trying to push an elephant in to a play-house. Everyone seemed to know this was going to happen long before it did.
    Last edited by mmocaedccb7ab9; 2010-12-06 at 11:47 PM.

if it ever lets us into the game we will let u know lol

I think Deathwing knew we were coming an fireballed the login servers

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    I can give you a well educated guess. Login servers are going to crash and forums will be flooded with QQ.
    well guessed.
    85 Manabrødx Main
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B8dx/simple
    85 Gethax Alt
    I am dave ! yognaught
    /salute

Deleted
    some people are online, alot of people aren't, first of many server crashes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistix View Post
    I hate the people who can get to the Succes! part! ^^
    Wish I didn't relog now!
    Don't worry even if you get that far you're lucky to get on. I've been stuck at Success for about 15 minutes.
    We all know this is the real reason Blizz took down the official forums. Oh well guess I'll watch Dexter and/or The Walking Dead to pass the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbhoy View Post
    Don't worry even if you get that far you're lucky to get on. I've been stuck at Success for about 15 minutes.
    We all know this is the real reason Blizz took down the official forums. Oh well guess I'll watch Dexter and/or The Walking Dead to pass the time.
    Stuff like this makes me glad I bought mine at the store. So by the time I got back home and installed it things will be a bit more stable. =p

so you have to relog to start playing?

and dexter omg, his being so retarded killing innocent people

Deleted
    I managed to catch a glimpse at the server list just before it kicked me off. Seems most of the realms are offline, not just the login servers :P

So much for "early access" with the digital copy, we will be lucky to get back in by lunchtime tomorrow.

DO. NOT. RELOG.

EVEN IF BLIZZARD PROMISES TO KILL UR BUNNIES.

waiting for Karfagen-ru players to ding 85 first. Almost all the guild is live, and leveling, because they didnt relog, unlike 99,99% players

Deleted
    Ok, I take back what I said earlier... The Succes! screen also is useless at the moment.. I did get to pick which account I wanted tho, maybe that is something!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Stuff like this makes me glad I bought mine at the store. So by the time I got back home and installed it things will be a bit more stable. =p
    Yeah one day I'll learn my lesson. I was going to wait and just go down the shop to get it tomorrow seeing as I get a employee discount but the weather up here is horrible and I don't want to die on the walk.
    TBH I'm not hugely bothered I just wanted to play a bit tonight because I need to study all day tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by agracul View Post
    DO. NOT. RELOG.

EVEN IF BLIZZARD PROMISES TO KILL UR BUNNIES.

waiting for Karfagen-ru players to ding 85 first. Almost all the guild is live, and leveling, because they didnt relog, unlike 99,99% players
    Is there any truth to this? The do not relog part.

Well the good thing about the EU servers going live first is Blizz has 9 hours to fix whats wrong... hopefully US wont have the same issues... but wait we are talking about.............
    Signed

Deleted
    How was that so unexpected to Blizzard? They don't know how much people are going to log and this is a big surprise for them?
    What happned to digital purchase so "u can play at 12:01" o-O. Its not their first expansion. Why is that happening?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delral View Post
    Well the good thing about the EU servers going live first is Blizz has 9 hours to fix whats wrong... hopefully US wont have the same issues... but wait we are talking about.............
    It's nothing they can fix really. It's just the sheer amount of people trying to log in causing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Delral View Post
    probably too busy sorting stuff out for EU to communicate with US

Deleted
    After a good 10 minutes staring at succes, I got in and everything seems to be going smoothly.. Just a heads up to people who still need to get in..

This is on Bronze Dragonflight by the way.

Deleted
    hmmm... a fun fact i was second first in Gothenburg to have Cataclysm

---------- Post added 2010-12-07 at 12:58 AM ----------

I got a question BTW do i really need to install cata? xD iam at 20%...

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstorm View Post
    hmmm... a fun fact i was second first in Gothenburg to have Cataclysm

---------- Post added 2010-12-07 at 12:58 AM ----------

I got a question BTW do i really need to install cata? xD iam at 20%...
    How can you know that? Many bought it long ago through Battle.net :P

Deleted
    To answer the OP fully...

1. Full server reset, everyone rushes to log back in? An ingame message pops up saying "Cataclysm is now live, please relog to access the new content" or somthing like that.
    2. They flip the switch and everything goes live without seeing any real change. See above ^^
    3. You are logged in, but have to restart the client before you will be able to interact with the new content. Correct.

I tried to relog but ofc so did everyone else an so I am stucks at the "connecting" "you have been disconnected merrygoround. But hey ho, thats what happens. Not blizzs fault, every game i ever played online has same issues when going live for the first time. Just be as patient as you can is my advice.