Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The end of World of Warcraft

I was just thinking as the hours count down to cataclysm that this can't go on forever. How do you see the game wrapping up?

Personally I see two paths to alliance victory.
    1) Varian convinces Bolvar Fordragon (the new lich king) to reassert his power over the forsaken and use his undead armies to march against the horde. With the forsaken under Fordragon's sway the horde will be caught off guard from inside and with the alliance army pounding on their gates Oggrimar will fall. With the Horde central power base destroyed, I see the remaining factions of the horde quickly capitulation (except for the trolls) and peace treaties go around, the end. Everyone's happy and healthy (except for the orcs and trolls, but nobody cares about them :-p)
    2) Baine Bloodhoof is convinced to take vengence for the death of his father and duels Garrosh. Here we have an option A and B. Option A Baine wins and takes control of the horde. The tauren being naturally more peaceful than the orcs work out a peace with the alliance. Option B Garrosh wins and this mess continues indefinitely.

As for Horde victory.... Honestly I can't see any path for Garrosh to do significant harm to the Alliance without Thrall coming back and confronting him about it, in which case we have A) Garrosh backs down to his mentor or B) Garrosh gives Thrall the middle finger and a Horde civil war breaks out.

And of course there's always the Alextraza gets fed up with all this bickering and burns everyone to death so she can have some peace and quiet for once.

Of course that's just how I see it, and I know, i'm biased for the alliance but that's the tactical situations that I see. How do you see WoW ending? Horde victory? The demons come back? Kerrigan leads the zerg in an invasion of Azeroth and the Protoss purge the planet? Put it out there, I want to hear em.
    Last edited by Sivick; 2010-12-06 at 10:18 PM.

Fordring isnt the new lich king, noob...Bolvar is!

15+ Year Old Account
    Alextraza dies this x-pac, Ysera dies fighting Emerald Dream old god, Nozdormu tries to help us fight Old Gods/Demons or ends up betraying us and we kill him.

The mortal races end up fighting sargeras and the old gods, we get owned and then the titans come to save the day, and help us defeat them, then they look at us and say "I'm so proud of you guys DDD" then they leave and decide that it's the mortal races descion on what will happen on this world, and they will never interfere

Everyone becomes friends because we find that that is the best way to do stuff, and everyone lives happily ever after.

You understand that even when WoW ends Blizzard would be stupid to just completely end every story because then they couldn't make more games.

I realize that Blizzard would never do any of this. Open ended stories are how sequals are made. I'm just sayin, if you could see the end, what would it be?

Sargeras burns us all in his infernal flames. Delicous burning death.
    And we all die. Forever. For good.

the lich king has no control over the forsaken... at all, else he would have used them alrdy in his war against us in wotlk, and not just let them aid the horde/alliance in killing his minions... just sayin...

Stood in the Fire BallsofThunder's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    As for Horde victory.... Honestly I can't see any path for Garrosh to do significant harm to the Alliance without Thrall coming back and confronting him about it, in which case we have A) Garrosh backs down to his mentor or B) Garrosh gives Thrall the middle finger and a Horde civil war breaks out.
    Found that funny.
    "Do you have a boyfriend?"
    "No."
    "Do you want one?"
    "Uhh.. No?"
    "Cause you see, I like to have a girlfriend from each state."
    "Do you know their names?"
    "Oh I call them by numbers, 25 is the best, shes got it going on."

10+ Year Old Account
    We kill Sargeras, then WC IV.

The battle for resources and control over the world of azeroth is an unending battle. It shall continue forth indefinately.

Deleted
    Ends with Sargeras arriving id imagine

Stood in the Fire BallsofThunder's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    I realize that Blizzard would never do any of this. Open ended stories are how sequals are made. I'm just sayin, if you could see the end, what would it be?
    The Trolls predicted that at the end of the next great cycle, the world will end.

You just wait...
    "Do you have a boyfriend?"
    "No."
    "Do you want one?"
    "Uhh.. No?"
    "Cause you see, I like to have a girlfriend from each state."
    "Do you know their names?"
    "Oh I call them by numbers, 25 is the best, shes got it going on."

We kill all the old gods azeroth explodes all the alliance and horde die

the burning legion keeps going around killing stuff until bumping into the the titans one random day

sargareas gets beat up and wow ends forever

(i know lame ending)

And of course there's always the Alextraza gets fed up with all this bickering and burns everyone to death so she can have some peace and quiet for once.
    This!

"And of course there's always the Alextraza gets fed up with all this bickering and burns everyone to death so she can have some peace and quiet for once."

I loled. I actually want the two sides to be in peace when the game ends because when there is no war, there is no Warcraft

I don't see any other ending other than a eventual peace between the Alliance and the Horde. It started with war and it can't end with a war. There'd be no lesson learned. It'd just be a never ending story. ^_^

I had someone else postulate this senario (they're not on forums so i'll post it for them).

Carless expansion and destruction of nature by the orcs and goblins anger the Tauren and trolls who are very "in touch" with nature and they split off to join with the Night elves. Of course, some trolls will stay loyal to the horde. Across the world Human prejudices drive out the Worgen who ally themselves with the Blood elves and Forsaken. This leaves us with 4 factions.

Night elves, tauren, and trolls
    Orcs, Goblins, and Trolls
    Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Dranae
    Worgen, Blood Elves, and Forsaken.

That's soo cute you think the alliance would win!

Here is how your scenario would actually go down. Thrall comes back and beats the crap out of Garrosh, forcing him to turn tail and run to Stormwind in hopes of seeking Sanctuary amongst the alliance scum! After weeks of begging, Garrosh is allowed in on the terms that he give up Horde battle secrets passed on from Thrall himself. Garrosh concedes and is able to recruit the forsaken to betray the Horde in return for treasures and land beyond anything the forsaken have seen before. All seems well in Stormwind as battle plans begin to form to crush the Horde stronghold Orgrimmar.
    The night before Stormwind prepares to march on Orgrimmar the Forsaken suddenly turn on the citizens of Stormwind. Whooping up a #6 on them! Garrosh savagely beats the alliance leaders to a bloody pulp as the Horde masses flow into the city from every gate! By the light of dawn all that can be heard from Stormwind is the massive roar of the Horde battlecry...... FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!!

I like the idea of changing up the faction lines, it's a good way of bringing closure to a lot of stories, while still keeping conflict alive.

The next game in the Warcraft franchise will need a different structure than the current WoW, otherwise it's just another expansion.