Getting back into Vashj'ir

How do you get back into Vahjs'Ir if you left it after the first quest to get there?
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Doesnt work, you hit an invisible wall if you try. And eventually die of fatigue.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Portals in your capital city

10+ Year Old Account
    Near the center of the zone is an island with flight paths on it.

If you left without picking those up you will have to try to fly there manually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Should be a portal in your main town, have you tried going the same way you got there in the first place?

Have you managed to log in?

Cannot fly there manually, must do so with FP or the portal located in SW or ORG, looks like a twilight stone circle on the map in the city (really its earthen ring's circle) and it has portals to all zones including Tol'Barad
    Former Heroic raid lead for <Zeroes to Heroes> @ Stormrage-US Alliance @ Cryogenic-Stormrage

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've already left, and you don't have a portal open for you in SW next to the Earthen Ring person, then I've heard you have to fly there from Ironforge. Yes, Ironforge. I didn't try this in beta, but it's what I heard in chat while playing beta. Others are saying you can't, so perhaps that was removed. Another option is to make friends with a warlock and have yourself summoned.

For other people reading this: when you pick up your first swim point in the water in Vashj'ir, swim out of the cave and straight up to the surface of the water. Pan around and you'll see an island a little ways off. Swim towards that. On the island are flight points for both Horde and Alliance. Learn the flight point, and then you can leave and come back at another time via that flight point.