Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone want to buy CE in AUS in a couple of months time? lol

For me its CE or ...yeah, CE is a must for me. It prevents future regret (not getting WotLK CE .../shame.)

I pre-ordered mine off Wal-mart.com, they had a "on release date delivery policy promise" thing. So hopefully it'll be here by the time I get back from work tommorow

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here man, the store i pre-ordered mine from said they have the non collectors edition available, but the collectors edition hasnt arrived. and i payed in FULL, worst thing i have ever done, regret it so much because now i cant go buy the normal edition and start playing i have to wait for them to receive the collectors edition, when or if they ever do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    It prevents future regret
    this is why i wanted it.... but they don't make it easy....

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    my gamestop said they wouldn't even have enough collector editions copy for all those who pre-ordered it lol
    Yeah thats why I pre-ordered from Gamestop then Amazon.com. My Amazon CE shipped today and is on time to be delivered tomorrow and I went to Gamestop tonight to cancel my reserve. Needless to say I will be sound asleep for work tomorrow while people stand in the cold to try to get a CE and then spend all night failingly trying to log-on. But I said gl to those that do. =3

Well, ordered my CE from Amazon.com and I guess I'm special because it seems everything is in order for me to get it sometime tomorrow which is all I really want...seems like lots of other people are having problems with Amazon.com. Honestly though I don't really trust anyone else in terms of online orders (as far as getting them in less than a week), if Amazon said 'oops we don't have a CE for you after all' even a month or so ago I would have just said screw it and gotten the online download version instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarksteve View Post
    This is the only thing stopping me from going crazy right now...hmm the possibility of getting cata for free is nice...
    This is me too. My friend bought the game for me. Bad news is that I have to wait until it gets here.

I can deal with the wait.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Silver View Post
    This is me too. My friend bought the game for me. Bad news is that I have to wait until it gets here.

I can deal with the wait.
    I cant...

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    "Won't be able to sell"? WotLK CE's sell like 200$ on amazon/ebay right now... Thats over 2x the initial cost...
    If he's paid for it in full, as per what you were quoting - they're not legally allowed to sell it. In fact, if they do, you can take them to court for replacement costs, which would be rapidly increasing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

sorry about that. i preordered mine from Amazon.com the day it was annouced (august 17th)
    If you have the money i would suggest that you simply just get the download version on blizzard's site. (you can upgrade it simply by logging into your battle.net account) its an extra 40 bucks but at least you'll be able to play it tonight. Also you could always either save the CE key (which contains the pet) for another account or sell it on ebay and just keep the rest of the CE goodies) . My situation was that i ordered the CE but told those who i live with that im gonna save it for Christmas then realizing duh..yeah what am i going to do for the next three weeks just twiddle my thumbs while everyone else is flying around Azoroth? So i just decided to buy the digital version and save the CE for Christmas :-p heh.

so if you really really really want to play now id go with the digital download....then you can either choose to open the CE later ...or sell it for more then you paid for it :-).

look at this way if you had bought the CE now on ebay youd end up paying 130 at least (with shipping) so... an extra 40 bucks to play it tonight and you STILL get the CE (with an unused key) when it arrives isnt so bad :-).

but yeah for future refrence i would go with Amazon some of these other "websites" may not be the best in the world with having things in stock or what.... good luck.

if your order has not shipped yet maybe you can cancel it and just get the download version :-p. at least then youd be able to play tonight :-p

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarksteve View Post
    So the store I ordered Collectors Edition hasn't shipped my order, they said:

Hi Steven, Unfortunately the game that you order is a Pre-Order and the releasing date is today 7th December. We will dispatch this order as soon as we receive the stock from the supplier. Kind Regards <company name>.

Whats worse is its normal postage so it could be weeks before I receive it, so looks like my only option is to buy digital and sell my CE later on.

thanks for sharing, you got a blog I can check out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenGirl View Post
    im going to guess this is sarcasm? it doesn't work well in text form...

If its anything like WotLK, Bestbuy (at least the ones in my area) will have the CE for days. They get alot of copies and usually have midnight release for all games.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenGirl View Post
    Sarcasm is occasionally funny, and rarely helpful. However, this is just plain rude. Before posting, think "is this going to contribute positively to this thread?". Of course, I'm not a mod and you'll likely disregard this, but its a general rule which will see you highly regarded, rather than the scorn which myself, and anyone else who's seen your post, will now attribute to you.

PS. It's never too late to apologise.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by wilzax View Post
    honestly don't understand what gives people these ideas.
    the previous 2 expansions gives us that idea. They were all but unplayable for the first 8-16 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why i stick to stores like Gamestop or Best Buy or what have you...

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg View Post
    the previous 2 expansions gives us that idea. They were all but unplayable for the first 8-16 hours.
    I didn't have any trouble with WotLK, mind you I was online within 20 minutes of the midnight release and out of Borean Tundra within 3 hours.

my gamestop said they wouldn't even have enough collector editions copy for all those who pre-ordered it lol
    For sure, I was 3rd in line at my gamestop for WotLK, and came out with the first collectors edition. They only had what looked like 2 full stack of the CE, for a line of people that went a good 2 football fields.

"Won't be able to sell"? WotLK CE's sell like 200$ on amazon/ebay right now... Thats over 2x the initial cost...
    And how many of those actually sell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg View Post
    I don't know about you, but I was online by 1am and playing smoothly until sleep called.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by wilzax View Post
    honestly don't understand what gives people these ideas.
    Experience?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I don't know about you, but I was online by 1am and playing smoothly until sleep called.
    This was my Wrath Experience.... When BC came out i was level 44 on my first toon lol...