251 gear Good enough for Blackrock Caverns?

So some of my friends and I are wanting to jump into this 5 man asap when we log in. My question is will the tank (mostly 251 gear) be able to handle the new instance? Or will he need to get some quest gear before being able to take hits from the Bosses? I believe he has about 50K life buffed with a 264 druid healer backing the group.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

How about trying it?!?!

15+ Year Old Account
    I would say its probably fine, consider that the starter dungeons are accessible to level 78 characters who will not be entirely full of Cataclysm quest rewards. That said, your tank may want to take a few minutes busting out some quests for the 272+ green quest rewards.

Well thats the plan but I wanted to know what others though. You know...come to the forums to get ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by ramajuko View Post
    I would say its probably fine, consider that the starter dungeons are accessible to level 78 characters who will not be entirely full of Cataclysm quest rewards. That said, your tank may want to take a few minutes busting out some quests for the 272+ green quest rewards.
    No. Its a level 80+ Dungeon. Though 251 gear is fine and might even be slightly overgearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramajuko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    No. Its a level 80+ Dungeon. Though 251 gear is fine and might even be slightly overgearing it.
    Thank you for the response, Best of luck to you all

Strangely, BRC is easier at 80 than it is at 81 (when the stat decay starts to hit) but it's still completely doable in 251 gear.

Here's a link with quite a bit of information for you.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/12/06/ca...krock-caverns/
    Last edited by Inoculate; 2010-12-07 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Added link.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    That's interesting considering the drops require level 78, which is from where I drew my conclusion.

your fine. just did a run with couple of friends. we have abit worse than 251 gear and it was rly no problems. i have about 45k as a tank and we only died once due to not knowing what to do on one boss. gl

Quote Originally Posted by Patabata View Post
    your fine. just did a run with couple of friends. we have abit worse than 251 gear and it was rly no problems. i have about 45k as a tank and we only died once due to not knowing what to do on one boss. gl
    Thank you this made me feel a lot better lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvorn View Post
    Thank you this made me feel a lot better lol
    just look at the video tactics for each boss here on mmo .

It definitely will be a lot harder then someone going in with 277's and one or two questing greens.

It will definitely be do-able in 251 gear.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, doable at 80, but get some greens first. Probably the first 10 - 15 quests in the Hyjal or Vashj.
    GO GO 4 more hours...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, 1 or 2 greens would help