Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Gotta love everyone getting butthurt because I point out a stupid decision.

Gaining xp in northrend was not gamebreaking, nor was it a "bug". They simply decided to change something with no regard to breaking a major aspect of hunters.

I'm not sure if you all play a hunter, but @ 10% pet xp, judging by wrath leveling, that will be roughly 35-40 heroics to get your pet one level. I'm no where close to exaggerating that number.

One.

Fucking.

Level.

"it will be fixed soon stop the qq blah blah blah" No, it probably will not be fixed soon. They didn't say they were hotfixing it, nor did they even say soon. Judging by the retarded bugs we still have after months, (we still have pets that aren't able to learn certain talents, not able to attack targets when commanded to, unable to path to many targets, and spawning with 5k health) I'm pretty sure this won't be addressed "soon".
    Last edited by glo; 2010-12-07 at 06:54 AM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Glo has a point. Whenever Blizzard states that they'll fix something in the " Future " it usually means the fix is several weeks or months away.

I sincerely hope we're worrying over nothing, and they do fix it this week. It's been a huge PITA to level my new monkey pet from 77 to 80. Getting less than one bubble from a whole dungeon clear is retarded.

Yes we know in a few hours we'll be able to level our pets fine up to and until 84, his point was that once we hit 85 pet leveling will be a huge inconvenience. Especially since now we need multiple pets ( I myself have 12 atm ) in order to fill a need.

IMHO, Blizz should have never nerfed the overall exp as they did. If someone wanted to level on old content, let them, why punish them for it?

Let's peal back the QQ a little bit please. Don't call other people "butthurt;" starting to get into flaming a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    I'm sure we'll be fine....besides I'm sure there are a quite a few mobs @ 85 already that you could tame if you just happen to hit 85 before this is fixed...
    Except when you tame pets, they start off 5 levels below your current level. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavier View Post
    Except when you tame pets, they start off 5 levels below your current level. Oops.
    They don't de-level o_O if Pets are within 3 levels of your level, they stay at their current level (so an 85 beast would be an 85 pet); if they're more than 3 levels below you, they instalevel to 3 levels below your level.

First of all, its a completely legitimate point. They said they will address it "in the future", not hotfix it nor give any sort of timeline for it.

I don't really understand why this was necessary in the first place. Is leveling at a disadvantage in northrend really that gamebreaking? I understand that fixing a bug can take time and possibly cause more bugs, but you know what doesn't do that? Reverting the changes they made until they can get it right. But because of the massive imbalance this would result in, there would probably be people hitting 85 in like 5 hours... Oh wait.

I don't think they planned on how quickly people would power level once Cata hit, but that always happens. Their intent was to stop it from happening in Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    The simple fix would be pets should auto level as the hunter levels.

/problem.
    just like warlocks.

God, ok ill explain it to you with apples.

This lvl 80 apple (hunter apple) has this... orange pet. Now both are level 80 before Cata, top level.

Now when cata comes, if hunter apple kill a Northrend mob he will gain only 10% of the xp, and his orange pet will gain 10% * x% xp (x from the percentage of xp a pet gain from his owner)

But if hunter apple kills a Cata mob, he will gain 100% xp, and orange pet will gain 100% * x% xp.

That until apple gets to 85. When he hits 85 he stops receiving xp, and his orange pet is now 85 or 84 (as pets level faster than the PC's and his gain of xp stop at some point before reaching the next level)

So the only delay is:

A) a few mobs (maybe an heroic) till the pet gain the little xp he needs to reach 85.

B) if u change pets at 85 level. (either one u havent played or one new tammed). At this point u need to level from 82 till 85.

Solutions: Level all ur pets with ur, at least the ones u want to reach 85 soon. Change the pet when they ding for the level u currently are.

Is a problem with just one level of the pet. Dont worry i wont kill ur DPS, (im not even sure that the pets gain a new talent point at 85), and as pets stats gain more from the player stats than their levels i dont see a significant diference on this (besides maybe the hit cap)

Now, behave and dont u cry tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Ladern View Post
    God, ok ill explain it to you with apples.

This lvl 80 apple (hunter apple) has this... orange pet. Now both are level 80 before Cata, top level.

Now when cata comes, if hunter apple kill a Northrend mob he will gain only 10% of the xp, and his orange pet will gain 10% * x% xp (x from the percentage of xp a pet gain from his owner)

But if hunter apple kills a Cata mob, he will gain 100% xp, and orange pet will gain 100% * x% xp.

That until apple gets to 85. When he hits 85 he stops receiving xp, and his orange pet is now 85 or 84 (as pets level faster than the PC's and his gain of xp stop at some point before reaching the next level)

So the only delay is:

A) a few mobs (maybe an heroic) till the pet gain the little xp he needs to reach 85.

B) if u change pets at 85 level. (either one u havent played or one new tammed). At this point u need to level from 82 till 85.

Solutions: Level all ur pets with ur, at least the ones u want to reach 85 soon. Change the pet when they ding for the level u currently are.

Is a problem with just one level of the pet. Dont worry i wont kill ur DPS, (im not even sure that the pets gain a new talent point at 85), and as pets stats gain more from the player stats than their levels i dont see a significant diference on this (besides maybe the hit cap)

Now, behave and dont u cry tonight
    Except pets do not gain experience until their owner is one level above them. Somehow you missed that. =P

My whole issue is that I want to hit 85 and be done with the leveling process. Now when I hit 85, it will be nice, until it hits me that I need to grind 40~ dungeons to get my pet up to par. That's days on end. What if I want numerous pets @ 85? =/
    Last edited by glo; 2010-12-07 at 06:55 AM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab View Post
    This is NOT a bug. This has to do with the announced blizzard post about reduced exp in content that you outlevel. When you are at the maximum level for any given expansion, aka level 80 for wotlk, you only gain 10% of the exp that you would gain at any level. When you go to cataclysm zones, you will be getting full exp. Blizzard put this change in about a week ago, but only announced it yesterday. When you go to cataclysm zones, your pet will level at the normal rate.

Krab

And when you hit 85, your pet will be gaining 10% of it's normal EXP gain since YOU are under the influence of the higher/max level exp cut. Really, do you even bother to know what the hell you're talking about before you post? Jesus.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Alright, that's enough of that. Closing this thread. It's just turning into flamebait.