Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Who? And, 85? "k" - People who rush to 85 will miss lots of new content anyway..

Deleted
    O M F G...

I'm not gonna listening to his accent again... sigh :S

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Just because you're good at something and it doesn't earn you money doesn't mean he has no life, it means he is dedicated.

Prime example of it is college sports (in the US), where they cannot get paid but are always hoping to get better, use your brain before you type those words on your keyboard.
    Except in US college sports they are working towards the goal of getting paid for whatever sport they are playing...it is rare that a WoW player gets paid for their computer skills. I could honestly care less about who gets world / realm first...but your argument isn't technically sound.

Deleted
    Well guess what? I'm level 81 "already", and I am greatly enjoying all the quests in Vashj'ir so far, as I will in all other zones and on all my other chars. I'm happier with that as I would be mob tagging 6 hours to get that precious FoS, so guess who doesn't care about World/Realm Firsts

Quote Originally Posted by dotsown View Post

athene is awesome >_> his videos are hilarious and hes a very good player, his opinion is always pure

just watch it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVqG1...43BE0&index=12 its hilarious
    Im only one finding his "gz for having no life" comments somehow ironic? And for the record Athene character is immature ass, hope hes not like that irl.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlespoon View Post
    Hows he doing it? just questing? I looked at his armory and it either hasnt updated his dungeon achieves or he hasnt done ANY dungeons

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...science/simple
    level 85 and he still cant Q for HoR.

He did not level as intended.

cheating is cheating.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Love this expansion! US complaining 24/7 how EU players got the expansion hours before. I know it's been said, but for the past 6 years you've gotten ALL content 1 day before us. And now, few hours, and you cry like kids.

Though, you'd need the 1 day start, since EU have steamed you over in everything WoW has to offer.
    It's people like you that cause the whole "blah blah EU vs US" bullcrap to come to a head. Don't forget, internet cool guy...you're playing a game made in the US by US citizens.

Christ almighty I hate when people make me pull that stupid nationalism card.

Quote Originally Posted by Steefiepie View Post
    Who? And, 85? "k" - People who rush to 85 will miss lots of new content anyway..
    his mission is to get world's 1st, i dont see how cares about it, he can now enjoy the content with the fame

Grats Athene!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shulman View Post
    Same reason some people care about who won the Superbowl or the Worldcup.
    YES!!! You win the game!

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    Except in US college sports they are working towards the goal of getting paid for whatever sport they are playing...it is rare that a WoW player gets paid for their computer skills. I could honestly care less about who gets world / realm first...but your argument isn't technically sound.
    actually to a degree college sports players do get paid. scholarships that pay for their room board and is some cases food.

ON gratz again to Athene

---------- Post added 2010-12-07 at 04:49 PM ----------

actually Athene now gets to enjoy the game at a slower much more relaxed pace snice the race to 85 is over he can go through the content at his leisure juts like most of us boa alts did to get gold for mounts n NR flight

its funny how athene got 85 2 hours before the rest of the world. ding ding ding he did something just wait for his video people.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of Athene, but why is being the world first considered having 'no-life'? Since he did it faster, he spent less time then others. If they know how to grind and prepare their real-life schedule ahead of time, a person with a full-time job and a family could get world first 85.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinspawn View Post
    Hmm, what happened last time Athene got "first" in anything?
    They got banned because Blizzard didn't know what else to do. After reading the ToS and EULA, there wasn't anything they actually did wrong

---------- Post added 2010-12-07 at 06:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Athene is mob tagging again, at least that's the rumor. Tagging is not legitimate way to reach and 85 and any achievements he receives will be removed (and will possibly be banned).
    It isn't actually against the rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    True but how does someone who gets paid have a life and someone who doesn't get paid does not have a life. He probably has a job but just because someone is especially organized at levelling to 85(with the help of guild memebers) does not mean he has no life.

It means he is just good at a specific part of entertainment (I assume WoW is entertainment for most) but this doesn't mean he has a life just because nobody else got it before him.

TL;DR basically you don't need to berate someone over something they are better at than you.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    There are actually gamers that get sponsored by companies to promote their stuff. Swifty for example has razer supporting him.

I think Athene has some kind of crazy disorder because as long as I've known about him, he has been doing stupid things that involve a lot of effort, repetition and usually result in some form of distinction amongst a populated anonymous group of people.

For instance; http://www.pokertableratings.com/sta...earch/chiren80 This is a poker page for Athene, where he has played millions of hands of poker to try to set some stupid record that I don't understand cause I don't play poker.

I think this is just another fun activity(for him)involving the same kind of competitive repetition that drives the average person crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I think Athene has some kind of crazy disorder because as long as I've known about him, he has been doing stupid things that involve a lot of effort, repetition and usually result in some form of distinction amongst a populated anonymous group of people.

For instance; http://www.pokertableratings.com/sta...earch/chiren80 This is a poker page for Athene, where he has played millions of hands of poker to try to set some stupid record that I don't understand cause I don't play poker.

I think this is just another fun activity(for him)involving the same kind of competitive repetition that drives the average person crazy.
    everyone has their own ideas sof things that are worth or not worth doing.
    all you people need to get that in your head. Just because YOU (a general you) think something is not worth doing doesn't mean it isn't.

football isn't worth playing because too many people get injured and most of the times they just fight each other. golf is stupid because it's slow boring and takes forever. boxing is stupid. they just punch each other. etc etc. see what i mean?

What people do, when they do it, and how they do it is up to each individual. A hobby for you isn't a hobby for someone else. That person didn't do or say anything to you. on what basis do you have the right to offend his play style?

you can agree to it and congratulate him, or not agree to it and move on.
    people that belittle other people because of their habits or ways are worse than the people they are belittling.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

His youtube video is up now, You guys should go look at it, His youtube channel is athenewins

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshiva View Post
    ~snips~
    people that belittle other people because of their habits or ways are worse than the people they are belittling.
    ...but...ummm...aren't you belittling people who belittle others...? ~giggles~