Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    HBO: It's not TV. It's red hot incest action.

Did I miss any? Surely there must have been something on Oz, or maybe Carnivale.
    While I'm sure there may have been something like that on Oz, I don't think its really the same thing... as one of the characters would have been introduced *just* for that, and the main character is in prison, so well... its a lesson in what's NOT to do.

True Blood is ripe for, as my sister called it, "OMG shit just got weird".

10+ Year Old Account
    That was...wow...just wow. Not surprised to see the most action this thread has seen.

I knew something was rotten in Denmark. Did not expect such a twist. I am 99.999999999% sure that I was getting turned on by Gretchen Mol and not the incest

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    Want to know something even more jacked up? Jimmy and his soon-to-be wife were messing around at the same time that he had sex with his mother. One question: Is the kid his wife's, or his mother's? Think about the current relationship between his wife and his mother.

MY BRRRRAAAAAINNNNNN....
    Ya, even more wow. Thank you for helping my half-asleep brain connect this crazy dots.
    I like sandwiches

That Dutch sentence and accent from Van Alden's babysitter are so fake, pronunciation is horrible.

Aside from that it was an awesome episode!

Good lord what's going to happen next season ?

Of those still standing, I think half of them are no longer longer relevant to the plot. We'll have to see what story they cook up to see who remains and who falls by the wayside.

At least Game of Thrones showed us the repercussions without having to wait until next season... this is gonna be.... *sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    Nucky's land deal didn't quite go as planned , so he'll be looking for the next big payday.

Jimmy's Mom may still be around, she and Lucky have a thing.

Richard Harrow used to work for Nucky. He's also connected to Lucky, Al Capone, etc., so he'll be around.

Looks like we may even get Manny back.

What year are they going to be in next year? Eventually, there will be a ton of stuff going on with Capone.

Shame they didn't kill off the hyena. And Margaret is really getting annoying now. Her sweet voice and pleasant looks don't alleviate that anymore. I'm almost hoping Nucky makes himself a widower in the first 5 minutes of next season.

next season will be about a nucky we are not used to seeing. the days of nucky the half-gangster are over. nucky will become much more remorseless as jimmy had warned him just before nucky shot him. That scene was brilliant by the way, though i will miss jimmy as he was my favorite character. But the entire way the episode led to the scene was amazing and the second jimmy received the phone call you knew what was about to happen to him. It only seems fitting that the man who claimed to "have died long ago in the trenches" was killed at the war memorial. Look for an expanded role for owen slater in next season as well as an overall transition into more gangster related activity outside of alcohol, as we now have AR looking to import heroin from Asia.

i felt like they killed the heart and soul of the show and jimmy's death was a bit contrived and thrown at the last moment by the writers. The source that spoiled jimmy's death for me back in october said that michael pitt was very difficult to work with on set, and his character's death could be a result of that, just speculation though.

this time around, i dont think they setup season 3 so well. the land deed is a dull plot and van alden out in cicero is a bit silly.

Can't believe they'd kill him off

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on, we all knew from the moment Jimmy betrayed Nucky that he was a dead man walking (even if you didn't wish to admit it). There was only 2 ways it could end, and neither of them was they're making up and being friends. And the main character of the show is Nucky, so option B wasn't very likely either.

I'm predicting a time jump for the start of next season. They'll flash forward until after Eli gets out of jail. Nucky will be firmly entrenched back in power, and things will be heating up in Chicago and elsewhere.

I never understood the Jimmy love, TBH. I found him to be whiney and unappreciative.

I never understood the Jimmy love, TBH. I found him to be whiney and unappreciative.
    Whereas Nucky is whiny and demanding.

Personally, I've been thinking it over all day, and I simply don't see an upside to killing Jimmy... especially when Eli was given a pass.

Manny is Nucky's boy now, as 'noone else cares about him'... but thats a pretty weak upside.

Nucky killed his son. Margaret recognizes this and gave him righteous punishment... I only wish we had one more episode to see him suffer for it.

Oh, and did anyone else pick up on the "Soldier hat", I thought it was pretty endearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm predicting a time jump for the start of next season. They'll flash forward until after Eli gets out of jail. Nucky will be firmly entrenched back in power, and things will be heating up in Chicago and elsewhere.
    I would like to see that. It's a shame we have to wait so long for more. Every season of shows is done now..Nothing to watch.... well.. at least fear factor is back!

lol

Great show though. Should be far more highly rated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I would like to see that. It's a shame we have to wait so long for more. Every season of shows is done now..Nothing to watch.... well.. at least fear factor is back!
    Justified starts next month. The Walking Dead is back in February. Luck looks promising. Game of Thrones we have to wait until April, but overall, late winter / early spring looks good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Season 3 began last night. Pretty epic start. I kinda miss James in the series. It was pretty shocking that he was actually killed. Still looks brilliant though. The set design, music and acting is all so extremely well done. If you're a fan of period drama's then I suggest checking this out!

They were surprisingly aggressive in the storyline for a premiere. Good to see Harrow making such a presence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    They were surprisingly aggressive in the storyline for a premiere. Good to see Harrow making such a presence.
    He's always been one of my favourites. Very mysterious character. Kelly Macdonald steals the show every time though.

Didn't see anything I like, personally, besides the final kill.

They have yet to do ANYTHING that makes up for James. Oh well.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    Didn't see anything I like, personally, besides the final kill.

They have yet to do ANYTHING that makes up for James. Oh well.
    Well, having Nucky go from being a politician to a gangster sets up a lot more options. He basically has his other hand free now.

This series is too fucking good.

Can't fucking wait for the next episode, Gyp is a very interesting character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am shocked by how few people watch this show. All of my friends that keep up with this kind of show simply right it off for some reason. People with good tastes in film and tv. Why is this show so unappealing to people?

Personally, this has been my favorite show on tv for the past 2 seasons. It is as good as it gets. Yet nobody I know even watches it. I do not want to see another amazing series get pulled. I see a lot of similarities to Deadwood, so season 3 may be the end unless people start watching.

If you like gritty dramas and are not watching this show you are really missing out.

I swear Shakespeare would be a starving if he was writing with today's audience.
    I like sandwiches

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I am shocked by how few people watch this show. All of my friends that keep up with this kind of show simply right it off for some reason. People with good tastes in film and tv. Why is this show so unappealing to people?
    I watch the show. I've watched the first 2 or 3 episodes but haven't caught up to what's current yet. Just too many shows to watch.