Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Banned... who else?

A couple days ago Blizzard took account action to delete the Cataclysm fish I had obtained by casting my fishing line into Cata zones. I wasn't trying to get server first or make gold or anything like that... I'm just a pack rat who likes to have more than enough in my bank.

Either way, I'm not arguing with the fact that they were deleted. The problem is that they were deleted on Saturday and Blizzard decided to wait until today to ban me for it.

I'm just wondering who else here was banned TODAY for something that they did involving Cata earlier in the week. It's pretty lame if you ask me :/

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not trying to trick you.
    They see no joy in banning you.
    You did a ban-able offense and you got punished for it later than expected.
    If you're going to exploit, be ready to suffer the consequence.
    Experience has shown, and a true philosophy will always show, that a vast, perhaps the larger portion of the truth arises from the seemingly irrelevant. -Edgar Allan Poe

Blizzard has long been known to Delay bans, a prime example is when 1.13a shipped for Diablo 2 and a large amount of people that used MMBot and other third party programs (Maphacks, D2Loader, etc) were banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what you were doing was wrong.They did what was right. Ban you on Cataclysm. Now you can't play. Must suck to be you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellphantine View Post
    "Rock Knocker"
    as in Rock Knocker Hellphantine
    Spend 100+ hours melee dpsing under a boss' testicles.
    - From the create your own title thread.

What you did was enough for blizz to ban you. I don't see how they were wrong.

I remember not getting banned in aion till a few weeks after i did an offence lol.

At a time like this where most players are excited to play, I personally try to do as little as possible with the game, especially if it seems even POTENTIALLY bannable. At least you got the few extra days in.

"I want a Tier that actually looks stereotypical.
    Hunter in camo; Rogue in ninja gear; Priest in a prison uniform - that sort of thing."

Honestly, you knew it was wrong and that it's a bannable offense. They even Blue posted hot fixes so people couldn't fish etc and get into the new zones warning you. You reap what you sow, and that's a ban. Hopefully this will teach you to follow by the rules regardless if your intentions were harmless. (Blizzard just knows what your actions are they can't base it on intentions as they don't know them) Now you get to wait to play Cata for a few days or will have to spend a good chunk of change creating a completely new account.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Note: You do not own anything AT ALL. It is all blizzard property. If they want to do anything they can

ofc it never hurts to petition in a civil manner if you think you were wrongly treated

10+ Year Old Account
    You was fishing Cata fish before Cata was released, now you gotta wait to play Cata. Seems fair to me.

Question: Did you get a perma-ban...i.e account closure? If so that was too harsh. But if you just got a suspension, then I can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    It's pretty lame if you ask me :/
    Enjoy your well deserved ban

wow, the lion's share of posters in this thread are insufferable assholes. What happened to compassion?

So he caught some fish that were cata fish. You know what else is bannable? Using objectionable language in chat, any chat.

And every single one of you has done that at some point, I can virtually guarantee it. So where's your bans then eh? You "deserve it" too no?

OP, I feel for you. That's a pretty unfair move in my opinion.

Did you fish there again after they tried to fix it the first time and notified people? Cause if you intentionally tried to go back after the first fix then thats your fault. If it was before that I would consider it a little unfair for a ban when you could have easily just thought you were allowed to fish. I know alot of people sat outside and fished into WG for that fishing daily etc.

A week ago, there was really not much to do in WOW. Anyone who got banned then for trying to have an advantage when Cata started would just shrug it off. It wouldn't have been a punishment.

I'm guessing you learned your lesson this way, right?

Quote Originally Posted by spiny View Post
    wow, the lion's share of posters in this thread are insufferable assholes. What happened to compassion?

So he caught some fish that were cata fish. You know what else is bannable? Using objectionable language in chat, any chat.

And every single one of you has done that at some point, I can virtually guarantee it. So where's your bans then eh? You "deserve it" too no?

Theres a difference between everyday trade chat and exploitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    Enjoy your well deserved ban

why is that chick on the left so hot

A ban is extremely harsh for fishing a cataclysm fish. To those who are saying he deserved it; get a clue. It's not like he found an exploit to 1 shot bosses and used it. You're only making yourself out to be a massive arse hole.

why is that chick on the left so hot
    She's a munter. fugly as fuck.

He was gathering and hoarding resources that he was not supposed to have access to. Anyone with an ounce of sense would have realized this was not intended and stopped fishing in that spot. He knew full well what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by spiny View Post

How is it unfair? You know that you shouldn't be taking advantage of walking into the new zones or gathering/fishing things that are clearly flagged as Cataclysm "content." They willingly did so, knowing full well that their actions would get them banned. It's been posted all over the place that Blizzard didn't want people having unfair advantages and acted accordingly (they instituted hot fixes to make it even harder for people to exploit). Now it sucks that they didn't get banned that day for doing it, but Blizzard has been going through a TON of people's questionably obtained materials and either deleting it, or with enough evidence banning people. I wouldn't say that we're assholes, just why feel sorry when you did it to yourself. When you break a rule (law) in real life and get punished for it do you expect people to feel badly for you despite you fully knowing the consequences? More than likely, no.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid