hey guys.. quick question reguarding installation for cata

I realized that i shouldn't have installed the new client from the disk as it began re downloading patch 4.0.3 after it was done... and then coming onto the forums and finding out i didn't actually need the disk.

my question is, after cata installed, it made a new desktop shortcut, when i open the new wow shortcut i begin re downloading 4.0.3, but when i open my old wow shortcut on my desktop, it says its up to date for 4.0.3. If i cancel the patch that is currently downloading 4.0.3 which i already have, and launch wow from the launcher that is up to date as of version 4.0.3 13329, will i be able to play cataclysm as soon as it goes live? i have already upgraded my account but i do not recall my client downloading the 800mb patch that is required. Should i just suck up my losses and wait out the new 4.0.3 patch to re download? will the 800mb patch download once my new 4.0.3 patch has finished? or am i missing something here??

is there a way to check in your wow folder if your game folders are up to date and rdy for cata???
    Sorry if this has been answered before

Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, check for the existence of a 666 MB file called Expansion3.MPQ

However, it sounds like you have two WoW installs on your computer for some reason, which is confusing the issue.

Edit: or maybe, you're confusing the "4.0.3 redownload" as the Cataclysm preload data. The Cataclysm installation is actually the same patch and build as 4.0.3a
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I saw a thread linked from my server forums saying that anyone who has a physical copy of Cata(as in the CD), all you have to do is enter the CD Key to upgrade your account. The small updates we've been getting for the past month or so should be the full expansion, and the CD Key just finalizes it.

Threw my CD into my computer, for safe measure to make sure it's fully updated, and when it came to the installer is immediately says "Play", instead of the normal "Install".

So you should be fine if you gain the same results.

awsome, this helps alot!

So just to clarify, if i did not receive a 800 mb update after i upgraded my account, chances are im good to go once it goes live? or is the update something mandatory everyone should be getting once they upgrade? or was that just for digital orders?

Thanks fellas!