800mb patch not downloading... only for digi orders?

i currently installed the retail version of the game and it says it is up to date and upgraded for cataclysm on battle net, my question is does everyone have to download a small patch around 800mb to be completely ready for cata? because im not getting it... or is it just the digi orders that have to do that, meaning that all people with the retail version have to do is buy the game, enter the cd key from the disk packaging into their battle net account and they are good to go, so as long as 4.0.3 the shattering was downloaded prior.

Thanks!

A vast majority of the content for Cata was in the 4.0+ patches. From my understanding, because I did the digi dl it's only a small patch that turns everything "on". All of the major world content, mobs, etc are stored on Blizz server banks. Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but that's how I understand this.

As far as I know that patch was for digital buyers only, the stuff we downloaded should be on your CD.

My PC downloaded something. But thats because, apparently, I shouldnt have put the physical DVD into my drive. Launcher says that WOW is up to date however.

Thanks to LRCollier for sig.
    100% Altoholic ;D

When you purchase the Digital Version / Upgrade for your Wrath of The Lich King account you are required to Login and then re-launch the launcher. This pushes a few packets from your client to the server which in turn responds with a download containing the remaining Cataclysm content you do not have. (You may very well already have this content)

If you want to force your client to download the Cataclysm content because you feel that you do not have the files already downloaded follow these step by step instructions I posted yesterday.

Step 1) Navigate to your World of Warcraft folder
    Step 2) Open the WTF Subfolder
    Step 3) Edit Launcher.wtf
    Step 4) Select SET accountType "LK"
    Step 5) Change it to SET accountType "CT"
    Step 6) Save the file as "All types" and manually type Launcher.wtf as the File Name.
    Step 7) Open the Launcher
    Step 8) Watch it download
    Step 9) Confirm it by running repair.exe in your World of Warcraft folder, it will say "Detected Expansion: Cataclysm" when you start the repair process if it has worked.

Quote Originally Posted by ardelia View Post
    as far as i know that patch was for digital buyers only, the stuff we downloaded should be on your cd.
    dvd

Need I point out that your trolling attempts are somewhat pointless when you cannot spell the word "Grammar" correctly in your own username. I'll tell you what I'm going to do, I'm not going to hit the report button instead I'm going to let you continue your forum life so you can continue to bring laughter to people like me.

DVD, CD, they're both dead technology what's it matter if he wants to call it a CD.