Red face CD installation help

I just received my copy of Cataclysm from my local Harvey Norman, (naughty naughty breaking sell time) and I was just wondering wether I have to install anything from the CD or can I just upgrade my account and jump right in at 7?
    I'm sure all of the Cataclysm files have already been patched in and I won't need to install anything but I just wanna make sure.
    Also, if I do need to install anything from the disc will it delete all my addons and such?

10+ Year Old Account
    The disc is completely unnecessary. All you need is the CD key.

Just add the CDKey to your battle.net account and the launcher will automatically push any files you're missing directly to your computer. The disk version is as useless as the driver disks that come with AMD and nVidia graphic cards.

If you went into your WTF folder and changed ur Account Type to CT, you have all the files. If not, you have 800ish MBs you need to install.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucknazty View Post
    If you went into your WTF folder and changed ur Account Type to CT, you have all the files. If not, you have 800ish MBs you need to install.
    So if I don't want to download an 800mb patch I'll need to do this?

You would have already been done if you'd just popped the disc in ...