Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elementium Geode (Non-combat Pet)

So I've been farming Elementium in TH, and one of my elementium nodes had an "Elementium Geode" in it - a non-combat companion. From what i've found on the internet about it, it seems to be an EXTREMELY rare drop rate (0.001% or less even).

MY question is, have any of you other miners found one of these little guys?
    Also, Pet enthusiasts, what would you pay for this extremely rare pet?

If its really rare.. then its early to get and price will propably be quite high for those really wanting to get it. However I think most players will just wait till the expansion has been out for a few weeks or months to buy it from other players.

Deleted
    It's nowhere near 0.001% drop chance, two in my guild have mined their way to it already. And one posted about it earlier

Yeah, I don't think many would buy it from the AH this early since most probably think that if you got it, it will probably drop for them too soon(ish). If it really is that rare, you should wait a month or two until those farming for it have pulled out all their hair and gone crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by 93sika View Post
    It's nowhere near 0.001% drop chance, two in my guild have mined their way to it already. And one posted about it earlier
    Well, that's just what I found when I looked around online. But from my actual calculations of how many nodes i mined until i got it, it would be about 0.2% chance, which actually is significantly higher than what I originally said, but still worth a hell of a lot.
    Last edited by ishbosh; 2010-12-09 at 09:52 PM. Reason: bad math

got 3 so far. Sold for 3K each and learned the 3rd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilicia30 View Post
    I guess the drop rate is fairly high then, I'll aim for 3-4%~

Crazy, if its that high a drop rate... my friend and I both have been farming for 6 hours straight and I found one and he hasn't gotten any. guess thats the RNG for ya

Edit: Did some new calculations, based on how many nodes i've mined and the fact that it dropped once, the drop rate for me has been 0.17% (1/590) obviously this is a small sample size but just sayin'
    Last edited by ishbosh; 2010-12-09 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Bad math ><

I've mined over 1000 nodes (1.5 levels worth) and haven't found one...

Deleted
    Farmed aswell about 1000 odes no sign of the pet

Farmed 2.5 lvls worth of ore, no pet D: oh well... one day :>

10+ Year Old Account
    ~ 200 nodes for me and Got 1 So luck for me I guess, selling this one as well as all future ones Money > vanity for me.

Where are you guys farming nodes at? Not too many to farm underwater atm :l

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been 85 since early hours this morning. Maxed Mining and 505 JC Blocked from capping JC due to stupid "need 5 daily tokens to buy 1 decent recepie" crap that means it will be a week or 2 before I max my JC and can cut my good neck / gems / metas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokr View Post
    Where are you guys farming nodes at? Not too many to farm underwater atm :l
    elementium is in deepholm :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I got it while casually mining in Deepholm. I was so excited (I've been wanting this pet since i heard about it), I immediately learned it. They're going for about (currently) 4.5k on the auction house, but I reeeeeeley wanted it.
    I blame being a geology major on why I'm so freaking excited about this little non-com pet.

I have mined and herbed my way to lvl 84, 5 bars from 85 and haven't seen it. I can't tell you how many nodes I've gathered, too many to count. I feel that after I'm satisfied with my farming in Twilight Highlands I will never want to set foot in there again. It's images and layout have been burned into my brain.... So I may never see it, though I haven't seen what it looks like. If it's really cool then maybe I'll keep farming for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ishbosh View Post
    Crazy, if its that high a drop rate... my friend and I both have been farming for 6 hours straight and I found one and he hasn't gotten any. guess thats the RNG for ya

Edit: Did some new calculations, based on how many nodes i've mined and the fact that it dropped once, the drop rate for me has been 0.0017% (1/590) obviously this is a small sample size but just sayin'
    For what it's worth, 1/590 is ~0.001695 (the number you said), but that is 0.1695%. Off by two orders of magnitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen quite a few around so they're probably not as rare as everyone thinks.
    They're also obscenely tiny, I wouldn't buy one. I like big flashy pets.

A lesson for the AH and rare stuff never underestimate the power of dumb people with money I've sold some worthless stuff for lotsa money because it was purple or "rare".