Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

I Stood in the Fire...and lived!

I was taking a ride on the Griffin from Loch Modan to Wetlands yesterday and it just so happens Deathwing was on my tail! I was messing with my graphic settings when all of the sudden the screen turned a deep and ominous red, and I thought my graphics were messed up. Then I get an Achievement "I Stood in the Fire", much to my surprise I turned around and he was literally right behind me blowing flames in my face. But since I was on the griffin my HP went to 1/30856 so I lived through Deathwings flames of terror! I should get an extra Feat of Strength for living through this, haha. It was pretty awesome though flying through all of his flames on the ground when the griffin swooped down. Just thought I'd share my little story sorry if it sucked :/

Should have screenshotted it.

Screenshot or didnt happen

Now we know how to defeat him!

Quote Originally Posted by Celerith View Post
    Why would he make this up? >.<

I've yet to see Deathwing. I wanna punch him in the face!

I was somewhat expecting a story about people standing in Barron Geddons Inferno in Hyjal when I came in here. Anywho, It's funny that it didn't kill you. Then again, Can you die on a flight path? I don't think I ever have or heard of someone who had.

i would love to see screenshot cuz of the epicness!
    you might even be the world first to live through it?? i guess we will never know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celerith View Post
    This statement is wrong.
    I ate lunch at around 14:00 today, I did not screenshot it, but still it did happen.

You logic got an asswhooping.

Quote Originally Posted by Toator View Post
    I was somewhat expecting a story about people standing in Barron Geddons Inferno in Hyjal when I came in here. Anywho, It's funny that it didn't kill you. Then again, Can you die on a flight path? I don't think I ever have or heard of someone who had.
    Yes, when there was a bug when flying from terramore to gadgetsan u could get fatigue after a disconnect and u would die while on the gryphon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was riding through Southern Barrens early today and Deathwing came through burning everything but I lived and didn't get the feat of strength... rip off...

Deleted
    Wow! I didn't even know you could get hurt on a griffin/bat/wyvern, lol.

Normally mobs seem to completely ignore you. Is it because of the speed they travel at? They go so fast relative to the mobs they don't even have time to note you're present on the "server"? Maybe because Deathwing is already moving at higher than normal speed for a mob he has time to register you.

Do people on 310% mounts ever see a similar effect? Not being noticed by mobs I mean as they move past?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire View Post
    I was riding through Southern Barrens early today and Deathwing came through burning everything but I lived and didn't get the feat of strength... rip off...
    Its because you aint Rooster Deathwing obv likes KFC

Quote Originally Posted by rocketship View Post
    This statement is wrong.
    I ate lunch at around 14:00 today, I did not screenshot it, but still it did happen.

In the same way, i can say that just today i punched Sarah Palin in the face. You can't prove i didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siton View Post
    In the same way, i can say that just today i punched Sarah Palin in the face. You can't prove i didn't.
    Except all rocketship needs to do is post his/her armory link and that instantly proves it. It's not as if anyone would pretend *how* they got the achieve, its a pretty epic thing to get regardless of how they got it, why would the lie about it...

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Wow! I didn't even know you could get hurt on a griffin/bat/wyvern, lol.

Normally mobs seem to completely ignore you. Is it because of the speed they travel at? They go so fast relative to the mobs they don't even have time to note you're present on the "server"? Maybe because Deathwing is already moving at higher than normal speed for a mob he has time to register you.

Do people on 310% mounts ever see a similar effect? Not being noticed by mobs I mean as they move past?
    You don't even need 310% for that. The server only checks your exact position at certain intervals when you are moving, and there are some other circumstances that can somewhat modify the server's perception of where you are.

Deleted
    I was on the flight path also and I didn't get the achievement. It must be a bit random in such unique situations.

:)

same happened to me, the day before cata- on my flight from winterspring to orgrimar left with 2000 hp - got ach.
    but have no screenshot also
    http://z0r.de/1600 tnx Kragjin

Quote Originally Posted by rocketship View Post
    This statement is wrong.

pics or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Except all rocketship needs to do is post his/her armory link and that instantly proves it. It's not as if anyone would pretend *how* they got the achieve, its a pretty epic thing to get regardless of how they got it, why would the lie about it...
    So by providing his/her armoury link, Rocketship can prove that he ate lunch at 14:00 today? Holy shit, I did not realise how intrusive the armoury is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowg View Post
    So by providing his/her armoury link, Rocketship can prove that he ate lunch at 14:00 today? Holy shit, I did not realise how intrusive the armoury is...
    I rely on the armory activity feed from my iphone to tell me *when and what* I should have for lunch, its that good!

Ironically, its probably not far from the truth for some people ;p