Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I ran BRC yesterday as reseto obviously, and it was a bit challenging, even though the dps and tank were at least icc25 geared. the tank didnt type in party chat, just pulled and pulled, it was very challenging to effectively heal, i was hexing as well, with the mage doing no CC at all. god i hope this isnt whats to become of LFD it was an awesome change from wrath but overall, manageable. rom ogg waas pretty fun, some new mechanics, corla was ok, if you dont interrept the adds before Shadow Strike, your wiped which is a nice change (found out the hard way, had to keybind Wind Shear lol) and Karsh Steelbreaker (i think thats his name) was boring to heal, the add Conflagration i think it was, was slighty tough with DUH dps, standing in easy shit to miss. but the boss didnt hit hard or nothing, just drag through fire. and the last boss, wow, the stacking debuff where you receive less heals, that was tough. i healed my ass off at that fight didnt wipe though on him, i think the adds havve to be cc'd, iunno.

Quote Originally Posted by sungazer View Post
    I ran BRC yesterday as reseto obviously, and it was a bit challenging, even though the dps and tank were at least icc25 geared. the tank didnt type in party chat, just pulled and pulled, it was very challenging to effectively heal, i was hexing as well, with the mage doing no CC at all. god i hope this isnt whats to become of LFD it was an awesome change from wrath but overall, manageable. rom ogg waas pretty fun, some new mechanics, corla was ok, if you dont interrept the adds before Shadow Strike, your wiped which is a nice change (found out the hard way, had to keybind Wind Shear lol) and Karsh Steelbreaker (i think thats his name) was boring to heal, the add Conflagration i think it was, was slighty tough with DUH dps, standing in easy shit to miss. but the boss didnt hit hard or nothing, just drag through fire. and the last boss, wow, the stacking debuff where you receive less heals, that was tough. i healed my ass off at that fight didnt wipe though on him, i think the adds havve to be cc'd, iunno.
    You dont need CC for BRC.
    You just need to take the time to make smart pulls, and communication helps
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

LOL

Okay check this out. First dungeon was about 14 hours ago. I went into Throne of Tides for the quests and we get up to the serpent lady.

First Wipe: Adds spawned outta nowhere and I started grabbing them up but the DPS werent focusing on them . Apparently if a bubble says immune you should keep hitting it and just let the tank get pounded.

Second Wipe: Healer dies from a Naga. My AS was on cooldown and Adds were going to the nearest person with the highest threat.

Third wipe: Healers dies again

Fourth Wipe: I suggest LoS/CC so I could grab the mobs easier. Apparently the mage couldnt CC the sirens and the Shaman ran into the middle of the room when the Naga bubbled.( Why anyone other than melee/tanks would run in the middle knowing that adds spawn around it is BEYOND ME).

Some, hunter and warrior stayed, got a new group with a mage and a druid. The mage CC'd and the druid kept me up nicely. The warrior was grabbing the NPC I didnt get and dragged it over to me.( The hunter didnt use any traps but whatever). Ever since that group victory we did the whole place twice before leaving.

Instances may be hard but I'd figure that if we die twice due to adds then CC.....you know what, I had the best group that day

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    It's very possible to wipe in them if you use the LFG tool and get grouped with WotLK-generation players who have not bothered to look up boss mechanics beforehand, refuse to listen if you try to explain the fight, and cannot execute tactics such as "nuke the chains and then run the f*ck away from the aoe". With competent players in decent gear you can faceroll them all.
    Well, I've put a lot of effort into NOT checking any boss ablilities/strats/videos beforehand for any of the new 5 mens.
    I like surprises....
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done both BRC and ToT and I must say that they are very fun :3 But getting to ToT questline was....yeah..that's another story.

Wonderful Ysera set by Aderianu of AHS

I have dungeon crawled with guildies all the way to 83 yesterday. I am a protection warrior who started out in BiS 277 gear with similar geared group. We marked first kill and that was it. CC was never used and I just charged in thunderclapped shockwaved and roflstomped my way through: throne of tides, BRC, Vortex Pinnacle, and Stonecore. The only one with semi-difficult trash was stonecore. Now to be fair my experience was not typical to most casual players. I was in a full guild group in top gear with vent and we have all killed heroic lich king. If I was going to Q by myslef in the dungeon finder I would be terrified to deal with a dungeon like stonecore. My suggestion make some friends get in vent and enjoy the dungeons. If you can't do that then yes I would say questing is your best bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran BRC a couple hours ago, the trash didn't need CC however there was some quite annoying mobs.
    We had two wipes on the second boss and that's it.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We did Guild runs in Blackrock Caverns, then Tides, then Stonecore, then Vortex. Blackrock & Tides were really easy, VERY few wipes. I can only think of one wipe between the two of them. Very little CC needed. Stonecore had the craziest trash, but we had great CC and managed to complete the dungeon with about 2 wipes. Vortex was decent as well. Bosses didn't give us much trouble. We started out in ICC10 gear with a little bit of ICC10 heroic gear.

We did all of these without looking up boss mechanics, trash, etc. We did all of these "blindly" and did really well lol.

Oh, btw, most.. if not ALL.. of us are "Wrath babies" who supposedly would crumble in these dungeons. =) I'm sure the Heroic modes will be way more challenging, but yea.. I just wanted to point out that not all of the people who started out in Wrath are scrubs.
    Last edited by Krystal; 2010-12-08 at 04:26 PM.
    I am a filthy casual!

I remember running the BC dungeons for the first time and looking around at boss mechanics. Ooooh mana tombs, you wiped us soo man times.

i found all pretty easy besides the trash in vortex, wiped twice on it. not realy useing lfg, just runs with guildys

blackrock caverns appears to be pretty easy. I did it once with a group where none of us had done it before. We died a few times on a boss towards the end until we figured out that you have to put him in the fire to weaken him, but then bring him out of the fire so he'll stop AoEing the shit out of us. Other than that, 1 shot everything... nothing ground breaking, most pugs should be able to do this one.

I also did throne of tides, we had a tank that knew exactly what to do, beta tester probably, or he'd just run it a bunch of times... because of that it was pretty easy, but if you asked me to go back in there by myself now i'd have no idea where to go... i was too busy sight seeing to pay attention and it seemed like a less than straight-forward layout.

---------- Post added 2010-12-08 at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    ive played this game long enough to know that things arent really hard in this game.and when they are hard,its pretty quickly to get nerfed back to easymode

but i dont know i heard the normals dont drop justice points so i might end up questing til 85
    you might want to consider that the XP from a dungeon could very well rival that of questing for the same amount of time. I don't know enough to make a solid conclusion, but the two instances I ran appeared to net some pretty decent experience. just a thought.

the regular versions of blackrock and throne of tides (only ones ive gotten to so far) arent all that bad actually im sure on heroic it will be very difficult but atm i pulled adds as arms (bladestorm is an evil but uncontollable button =P) and didnt drop on HP very often im almost posotive u cant do that in the heroics on the normal version just get in there and get the massive amount of exp.

LFD group of Stonecore, I was healing as Resto Druid (Lv83, avg item level 294 I believe). It sucked, SO HARD. We only wiped once on the last boss, but very frequently, and I mean VERY- I went oom during trash. I needed Innervates and mana pots for it. And even then I would still oom on the same pack.

Group had a 83DK tank, me, and then 82 mage/warrior/rogue dps. Warior died on a few trash packs (those flayer guys randomly target and rape ) and the giant guy boss with his ~35-40k aoe stomp move hurt.

Overall, quite challenging. We didn't CC ever, and we had a few double pulls. Last boss destroyed us after the 2nd phase pretty much. Flying rocks + adds = split up group =dead. Fixed it and downed it easily the 2nd time however.

Ran the other dungeons with my guild, BRC was easy but we didn't expect anything hard. ToT was cool, interesting mechanics but still on the easy side (didn't wipe at all, only one death ever) but vortex pinnacle was pretty awesome. Ran it at 81, only had problem on the drake boss (we fucked up the wind mechanic pretty bad lol) but our only wipes were on the skyfall shit, stupid aoe madness hurt like hell- not even using tree and group cds would keep everyone alive through it. We did use CCs often in VP though, so trash wasn't that bad.

The only one that has so far been a consistent wipe-fest on normal with PUGs is Halls of Origination. People have a really hard time grasping the mechanics of the 4 bosses in the 2nd floor. I've tried and tried to explain to people, they just go "rofl shut up" and pull with healer at 10% mana and everyone at 50% health, get hit by every supernova, don't interrupt any flame orbs, don't focus after a split, can't move the destruction thrash from the circles making them effectively unkillable, split DPS 7 ways when the random-aggro spores come in life room.. So terribly difficult :|

And yes they do that repeatedly, expecting a different result.

Deleted
    I thought normals were perfectly tuned. Completed a few heroics with mostly 333 gear and we wiped constantly, good fun though.

ToTT boss fights were a lot longer then BRC bosses and harder imo, trash caused my groups more wipes in both (never wiped on ToTT bosses and very rarely wiped on BRC bosses.)

VP is fairly easy except for those star things if you group doesn't have heavy aoe. stonecore was mostly easy but the last 2 bosses can be a pain to heal.