Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Problems with blizzard.

Hello everyone,

I recently sent an email to blizzard's support asking to remove my authenticator because I was stupid enough to upgrade my ipod's OS before removing it myself. They sent an email back asking for some information. I sent them my burning crusade authentication key and my secret question answer. The next day, around the same time I sent the email, they sent me a customer satisfaction survey. Is this the way most of blizzard operates, just saying they helped someone then sending them a survey?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyr View Post
    Hello everyone,

I recently sent an email to blizzard's support asking to remove my authenticator because I was stupid enough to upgrade my ipod's OS before removing it myself. They sent an email back asking for some information. I sent them my burning crusade authentication key and my secret question answer. The next day, around the same time I sent the email, they sent me a customer satisfaction survey. Is this the way most of blizzard operates, just saying they helped someone then sending them a survey?
    Happened to me pretty often Just send another request, unless they answer soon (tm)

Sad but true

Unfortunatly yes. This is usually by biggest issue with Support. They constantly have people working either the support phones who dont have the ability to help you (IE Filtering calls) or they hide behind policies that do not make since. In game tickets get closed with out any notification or reply. If you get a reply it is usually we can't help you.
    My favorite is when phone support tells you that you need to open an ingame ticket, then you do and the GM tells you that you have to Call in to phone support for that issue.
    That is my alltime favorite. I have been playing since the game opened and it was not this bad back in Vanilla in fact in vanilla it was not to uncommon to see the GM's in game.
    Now that is a rarity and they are asked to not even show up in game. I dont mind scripted funny stuff that gm's do but the scripted responses to every thing get old. I would much rather wait 20% longer for a GM then have a crappy scripted email or scripted Whisper about how they can't help you or that they dont have the ability and have to wait for Head GM to do this or that. Bottom line The service sucks horribly. but was not allways this bad. Changed near the end of vanilla. I am understanding of the policies and the shear number of request they get, but if they really wanted to see how bad it is just ask any GM, developer, or any ui designer to drop a ticket or 2 some time so they can see just how crappy the service is.

Xenoside
    Last edited by Xenoside; 2010-12-07 at 06:56 PM.

Very likely it's two different systems. System one gets your complaint, responds. In this case, the response was 'send more info.'

Meanwhile, system two sees that you sent a complaint, and that system one has responded to your complaint. So system two does its job and sends out a customer service survey.

The support is not as bad as Xenoside says.
    I've only had great experiences with the support team!
    You most likely got the survey, because your issue have been forwarded to another staff member, then the system automatically sends out the survey about the previous support member.

What you should do:
    - Call Blizzard. Have account info, CD-keys and the like ready and also your computer - They might ask you to check your email or try to log in.
    - Do as the employee asks you to.
    - Wait 2 days, if the problem persists, call them again.
    - Step 3 should be unnecessary.
    - Profit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

The email is most likely sent automatically, after the guy on phone entered your account info once he selected whatever button they hit in database the respond survey email sent auto. does not mean that's it just its an automatic response that everyone gets i have 2 of these going through my exchange server at work

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninurta View Post
    The email is most likely sent automatically, after the guy on phone entered your account info once he selected whatever button they hit in database the respond survey email sent auto. does not mean that's it just its an automatic response that everyone gets i have 2 of these going through my exchange server at work
    I did not call their phone line due to the hold queue being full.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoside View Post
    I have been playing since the game opened and it was not this bad back in Vanilla in fact in vanilla it was not to uncommon to see the GM's in game.
    Uh....

I've been playing since WOW went live, and it was very uncommon to see a GM in game. I've only seen one once and it was because my character was stuck and he/she ported to me for some odd reason.

My boyfriend had the same problem, and went a month without getting an answer by email. Yesterday he finally called and it was immediately resolved. It might be harder if you don't have your CD key handy.

You'll get a lot of hold queue full messages especially with a new expansion out, and you'll have an hour or more to wait if you get in the queue, but just keep trying. I can't say I have a lot of faith in their email support.

I'm glad I bought the keychain.