Thread: Thrash

10+ Year Old Account

Thrash

So, for me Thrash is hitting for around 1400 on a critical hit and 800ish on the DoT (450 per tick, critical). Not half bad all things considered.

Took some fiddling, but I managed to work out a good aoe tanking attack rotation macro as well.

#showtooltip
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /castsequence [@mouseover] reset=6 Thrash(Bear Form),Swipe(Bear Form),Lacerate(Bear Form),Lacerate(Bear Form)
    /cast [@mouseover,nomodifier:shift] Maul(Bear Form)
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()
    Last edited by Kujako; 2010-12-07 at 08:28 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    At what iLevel is your gear? Also how much is your swipe hitting for?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    -Nietzsche
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

10+ Year Old Account
    In ICC10 gear for the most part, with a few higher level items. Nothing from Cataclysm yet due to all the "druid" rewards being caster (thats a whole other rant). Swipe hits for about the same, so in effect you can get two back to back "swipes" with a bleed effect.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2010-12-07 at 11:24 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    In ICC10 gear for the most part, with a few higher level items. Nothing from Cataclysm yet due to all the "druid" rewards being caster (thats a whole other rant). Swipe hits for about the same, so in effect you can get two back to back "swipes" with a bleed effect.
    There's some good Druid leather drops from BRC and ToT for tanking that I've picked up. There's a staff that's BoE that's pretty nice from BRC that I have that I've seen 3 times in 5 runs.

EDIT:

Also- I find myself wanting a macro that's more like

/cast !thrash
    /cast !swipe
    /cast !maul
    /cast !Faerie Fire
    /cast !mangle
    /cast Lacerate

For trash. But I have to look up to see if I can use something like that properly.
    Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2010-12-08 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Forgot mangle
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I use two macros. One for AoE and one for single target. My single target still uses Maul, but with a no-shift modifier (like in my AoE macro above) so you can hold down SHIFT and spam it at reduced rage cost. I also should clarify, Swipe is hitting for about the same as Thrash for me, but I still have the +20% set bonus damage.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=6/target Faerie Fire (Feral)(Feral), Lacerate(Bear Form), Mangle(Bear Form), Lacerate(Bear Form)
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /cast [nomodifier:shift] Maul(Bear Form)
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()

-Kujako-

Deleted
    ...Castsequences? really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidd View Post
    ...Castsequences? really?
    I'm lazy at times. I named the macro "PEBCAK" and bound it to a USB foot peddle.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    [@mouseover]

is not a real macro syntax or what does it do ?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    [@mouseover] is the same as [target=mouseover] only with less characters

and also.. how can you macro skills when tanking ? i find it so situational so i need all skills to be able to choose when to cast on what, though im a paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artog View Post
    [@mouseover] is the same as [target=mouseover] only with less characters

and also.. how can you macro skills when tanking ? i find it so situational so i need all skills to be able to choose when to cast on what, though im a paladin
    Druids core AoE tanking abilities are on 6 second cooldowns and number 4 +maul on a 3 second cooldown with no GCD.

So you can be lazy and have cast sequences or go 1+5,2,3+5,4 and repeat.

@Kujbear- I'm using the 4 spell cast sequence now, though I came to it from figuring out above.

And I have jump bound to a footpedal so I can AFK in AV near someplace innocuous like the bottom of the pond in Seal form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

i find it so situational so i need all skills to be able to choose when to cast on what
    The VAST array of options available to druids and the COMPLEX nature of our rotations and priority system unfortunately preclude having choices or to use judgement.

I personally love the cataclysm change of adding thrash and a 6 sec cooldown to swipe to give us what amounts to a 3-sec cooldown ability.

/castsequence reset=6 Thrash(Bear Form),Swipe(Bear Form),Lacerate(Bear Form),Lacerate(Bear Form)
    /cast Maul
    That feels like the ultimate AoE-button. Since Maul is off the GCD you can just add it below the castsequence for additional threat (glyph of maul yo!)

Edit: not sure you need all those (Bear Form) thingies since some of those abilities only exist in bear form anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gollie View Post
    Edit: not sure you need all those (Bear Form) thingies since some of those abilities only exist in bear form anyway.
    It doesn't hurt and I think you do with the changes in 4.0 spell names.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gollie View Post
    That feels like the ultimate AoE-button. Since Maul is off the GCD you can just add it below the castsequence for additional threat (glyph of maul yo!)

Maul is on GCD since 4.0.1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjursta View Post
    Maul is on GCD since 4.0.1
    No, its not. Not sure why you would think it is. It has its own internal 3 second cool down but does not trigger the global cool down. It is intended to be used in addition to your regular rotation when you have too much rage. The high rage cost is why I include a nomodifier:shift setting to the command so I can hold down SHIFT and still use my rotation macro sans Maul at reduced rage cost.

-Kujako-