Page 55 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Death Penalty is too harsh for espionage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehadam View Post
    So innocent civilians, who had absolutely nothing to do with the events that led up to 9/11 deserved to die because of that logic? Your logic is quite flawed.
    Same goes for the people in Iraq that are killed. It is unfair to have a double standard.

Why does this thread keep getting updated...it's just full of useless flames from people who don't understand each other.

And your "sources" for the death penalty? What a joke. His lawyers trying to hype up the rhetoric so Assange gets sympathy from the world and a lucky break. Citing very, very few people in isolated incidents who were pissed off? All your doing is trying to get this stupid thread's post count up. No better than some dumbass news station trying to reel people in.

And a million people have NOT died in Iraq. A lot of people? yes. A million? No. Check your facts. You can hate the US for its reasons for invading (which were pretty much BS) but don't pull some bullshit statistics out of your ass to do it.

And on the whole "World Police" discussion, our foreign policy sucks. Or rather, it has sucked, I'm hoping people have learned from this and it will get better. But, someone had a quote from a different thread, "It's not that the US is good, it's that there's a lot of other people who are fucking terrible", and I really think that sums it up. People need to take off the blinders and realize what we've been doing isn't good for anyone; but also realize there are some really sick, power hungry people out there who need to be taken care of.

oh and edit: Hey moderator who made this thread: LOCK IT! Or some moderator who has some sense lock it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix-187 View Post
    If terrorists attack ur country europe would go to war. do u even think before u post?
    Do you know from what country im from? My county would be able to defend it self against another country cause we got pretty much no army. So no even if we get attacked we wont go to war. We are however helping UN with peacekeeping forces in Afghanistan and Africa.
    And if terrorists attacked us, what country would we attack? What country do a terrorist come from?

Quote Originally Posted by lukkystrike View Post
    Same goes for the people in Iraq that are killed. It is unfair to have a double standard.
    What American here said the Iraqi civilians deserved to die?
    Imagine whatever I say as being said with Morgan Freeman's voice. It will make you rage less.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehadam View Post
    So innocent civilians, who had absolutely nothing to do with the events that led up to 9/11 deserved to die because of that logic? Your logic is quite flawed.
    And the civilians in Iraq or Afghanistan who dies has something to do with the 9/11?
    You are perfectly correct that its flawed however it doesnt make it less logic. Mankind usually let emotions impact on their decisionmaking, both 9/11 event and the wars are proof of that.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    I hope everyone reading this realizes the "Omg he might get the death penalty" argument is from Mr. Assange's own lawyers and intended to persuade and keep him from being deported to Sweden.

Edit: And the choice of the word likely in the title is pretty laughable/inflammatory.
    EXACTLY! People need to learn to read....thank you.

I am just getting sick of the fact that people are making 9/11 a much bigger tragedy then it is compared to what our government is doing around the world. We lost a few thousand on 9/11. I will say it again, IRAQ IS OVER 1 MILLION. The war is unjustified and only stands to make profit for the already rich and extend american evil agenda.
    I don't want to sound completely insensitive, because I am VERY sympathetic for the horrible state Iraq is in because of this war, but...

Iraq is currently the most geo-strategic position on the globe, and will remain so for quite a while. This is because of the oil reserves. The USA, and in fact, the rest of the world run on oil. Eventually, the world will have to make the transition to alternative energy sources. By securing the largest remaining oil reserves in the world, we are buying ourselves not only more time to make that transition, but a more comfortable and seamless transition as well.

Again, I'm sensitive to Iraq's plight, but I can also understand why this chain of events is important to this globalized society's immediate future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlwut View Post
    The point i am trying to make is that peoples feeling about 9/11 should also be felt about our situation in iraq. There is a double standard going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sad fact is that if you were to ask a majority of the american people, they would say that we invaded iraq to stop terrorism in response to 9/11. This is the way media portays the situation. A dumbed down and gullible population is just what our government wants.
    Thats the way it was portrayed in Australia, before I had my eyes open/rew old enough to understand what was going on.

Australia = America's shoe polishing side kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    And the civilians in Iraq or Afghanistan who dies has something to do with the 9/11?
    You are perfectly correct that its flawed however it doesnt make it less logic. Mankind usually let emotions impact on their decisionmaking, both 9/11 event and the wars are proof of that.
    Civilians killed in the Middle East are collateral.

9/11 was intentional.
    Imagine whatever I say as being said with Morgan Freeman's voice. It will make you rage less.

15+ Year Old Account
    None in their right state of mind.
    How many americans care tho?
    Hell, half US get their news from FOX wich should say alot of how much the average american get to see of noncensored, unbiased news.

I didnt know if to cry or not when I saw CNN's coverage of when the wikileak of the helicopter gunship murders got leaked.
    "Due to nature of the.. blabla... not show the rest" <- cut just before the soilders started laughing "I got them", "Did you see that? hahaha"...
    So much for US media..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I'm from Sweden.

On topic, there is a very small risk Assange would get extradited to the US from Sweden.
    Sadly this involves some events also part of the US war on terror, let me explain.
    It was US policy to ship "illegal combatants" across the world in masked CIA flights to countries that take less seriously on torture.
    Swedish newspaper broke the story that a CIA had used Sweden and many other EU contries as a transitstop for these flights.
    There were also demestic outrage after it came into light after US preassure Sweden kicked out a swedish-egyptian guy by US suspected of terrorism back to Egypt where he got heavily tortured.
    Ah Sweden, such a lovely country, completely free of the atrocities committed by other heinous nations.

Hmm, here are a couple fun facts:

For starters, during the late 1800s the highest rate of immigration into the US was in fact from Sweden. It is said that as much as 10-15% of your country's population immigrated here. Seems like we have a little Swede in our heinous bodies.

During WWII Sweden was repeatedly criticized for their lack of effort to resist the Nazi forces. Throughout the war, Sweden supplied various materials such as steel and machined parts to Germany. Both critiques inside and outside your country continually said Sweden was too easily "pushed over" by the Nazis and claimed their weak efforts to help the Jewish population during the later years of the war was merely to appease these critiques.

You also mention the US as being the world police and we have in fact brought our tragedies upon ourselves. Would it surprise you to know that although Sweden claims to be non-aligned militarily they have a long history of participating in dozens of international military operations such as: Afghanistan, Kosovo, Bosnia, and individual operations through-out the Middle East?

Quite odd of you to judge the blood on somebody else's hands when that blood is in fact on your own as well.

Shall I go on?
    Last edited by Hexian; 2011-01-13 at 03:42 AM.

The point i am trying to make is that peoples feeling about 9/11 should also be felt about our situation in iraq. There is a double standard going on.
    There is? Where?

I feel sorry for the innocents who died in Iraq. They didn't deserve it, and it was not the intent to kill them regardless of the government's motives.

man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.
    lol that it going to be my new sig

Civilians killed in the Middle East are collateral.

9/11 was intentional.
    9/11 can be considered collateral damage of war. Just like a bomb dropped on a house in iraq that kills multiple families. They both seem intentional and unfortunatly are collateral damage.

Both are very tragic events, and in a perfect world neither would have happened. But they did.

And, there is a very distinct difference between the two; One was completely intentional, the other is collateral. And it's not like the US carpet bombed every city in Iraq. MOST of the deaths there are Iraqis killing other Iraqis. It's just the US's fault that the situation where that could happen happened.

Its the way u bring ur propaganda to the comunity that makes u a racist. u can feel the hate in ur text.
    I hate belgian chocolate. Oh fuck i did it again being racist towards you and all the belgian chocolate makers of belgium and everyone in it even down to the rats on the street...seems as thats how you see it. No wonder the world is in crisis, ever see that film idiocracy? Thats how the world will be when idiots like yourself are in charge unless religion kills us first.
    Threads dead baby Threads dead (cue pulp fiction music).

Threads been dead for 10 pages
    man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

9/11 can be considered collateral damage of war. Just like a bomb dropped on a house in iraq that kills multiple families. They both seem intentional and unfortunatly are collateral damage.
    No, it cannot be considered collateral in any way, shape, or form. We were not at war with them, it was not a military target. It was a terrorist attack to kill civilians.