Where is everything? (Eng)

So I'm noticing there are a LOT of items that were data mined that didn't make it to live. Or did it? Where did all the tinkers go? The Mech Suit? The Big Daddy bombs? The Portal Guns? All that stuff that really made Engineering look interesting? And, has the bolt gun taken over as the next tier of bombs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering was absolutely gutted during Beta. There are no new bombs, you're stuck with Saronite. The bolt gun doesn't really substitute since it's on the GCD. The Goblin/Gnome specialties never went "live", even during Beta (as in, actually craftable). Basically, all the toys you speak of quietly faded into the background without much mention.

These are things the devs may have tabled due to time constraints, so perhaps patch 4.1, 4.2, etc. may bring some of the toys back. There's always the finger-crossing about that. But as things stand right now, you're not missing anything.

Thats... Wow... Just wow...

Aw man, even the steam / cog slots went away?
    Hunter 85 | Warlock 85 | Shaman 85 | Mage 85 | Druid 85 | Death Knight 85 | Paladin 77 | Warrior 70 | Rogue 60 | Priest 29

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    All but the tinkers are gone. The new tinkers aren't trained. you have a chance to learn them when you make an item. So it's a bit more flavorful than training them. other than that it was all shelved.

The cogwheel gems are in the steam gems are out. the cogwheel gems only fit in your engineering specific helmet though.

Also please note that half of our profession is not trainable until we get into Twilight Highlands. This goes for ALL professions.
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2010-12-08 at 03:16 AM.

I only just realised today that the mind amplification dish is now a belt tinker too.

Since wotlk, we can no longer make money from ammo or the mote exractor as engi is meant to be the "fun" non profit profession, so well done to blizz fo nerfing all the fun in it to the ground also.

Once leveled in cata i believe the total gains from engi are...

A parachute cloak incase i accidently fall off my mount (until thats put on belt too)

ONE choice of belt tinker that may or may not work at all.

A pair of v ugly goggles which will be outdated as soon as next content patch hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I only just realised today that the mind amplification dish is now a belt tinker too.

Since wotlk, we can no longer make money from ammo or the mote exractor as engi is meant to be the "fun" non profit profession, so well done to blizz fo nerfing all the fun in it to the ground also.

Once leveled in cata i believe the total gains from engi are...

A parachute cloak incase i accidently fall off my mount (until thats put on belt too)

ONE choice of belt tinker that may or may not work at all.

A pair of v ugly goggles which will be outdated as soon as next content patch hits.
    You seem to forget we get the best enchants for hunters in game atm. The new scope we can make is an on proc 800 RAP scope. Blizzard followed through on a promise made at Blizzcon '10

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    You seem to forget we get the best enchants for hunters in game atm. The new scope we can make is an on proc 800 RAP scope. Blizzard followed through on a promise made at Blizzcon '10
    But thats pretty much all. Im not even really complaining about the money making sides of things, but.. well.. enchanting can make pets too now and alchemy gets a sweet mount and theyre proffesions u can make a LARGE amount of money from and arent mant to be about making cool items.

Engis really hav been Fd in the A this time. I know im being really melodramatic but for me it feels similar to how an enchanter would feel if enchanting was nerfed so much u cud only enchant your own belt and could only use an enchant that may or may not kill u, while half the other profs got their own cool new enchants.

That is really a shame,I was looking forward to at least having my new gizmos to use since they just shoved everything on my belt. Sad panda is me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Geeze. Engineering has always been about just having fun with stuff. Hopefully it'll get re-evaluated in a later patch. =\

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Deleted
    Clap, Clap... Awesome blizzard nice way to ruin our profession... Just look at the trash you can train, waste of decent mats.

Deleted
    Engineering is indeed extremely disappointing for melee :/

Regarding profession choice in general, I wonder if they're going to do anything about Leatherworking being the best choice for most (all?) melee - since their goal is to have primary stats more powerful than secondary stats (which is the case for most, if not all DPS), LW allows you to get a Str/Agi enchant on your bracers, where the only choice would normally be secondary stats (Haste or Crit if I remember right).