Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Your Sp0o0o0oky encounters!

Ok so i would like to keep this thread as alive as possible so it keeps as a good read as possible,

It's pretty much telling everyone about your Spooky encounters with what you may think was a Ghost/Poltergheist or just something you could not explain. Wether it is from a personal experience or a story from your relatives / parents and so on..

I'll kick it off with 1. I have a few that i have in the bag!

Ok so i live in a rural estate in Dublin, Ireland, and as some people may know Ireland is well known for "Banshees" A female fairy of Mythological Celtic times. But many have claimed to have seen one.
    I was about 12-13 at the time we live near the mountains so i had a habit of going up the mountains on little adventures with a group of my friends and we would be up there until it started to get dark, One day we got lost and everytime we tried to pass through a forest we would get caught in very bad flooded places, It started getting dark and we came across this very old house, looked like a farm house it had it's own barn and stable, everything was burnt so i'm guessing thats how it got to this state, We passed through the stables we felt the wind behind us starting to pick up, so we didn't want to stay any longer as it was getting cold.

One of my friends told us he would be back in a minute he had to go pee really bad! so we all waited and thought we should look around as we're here.. Next thing we hear loud screams for help from the guy who went to "relieve" himself, we didn't know what was going on so he told is to "Fucking run you stupid idiots" So we did we ran out through the flooded field we avoided (I lost one of my shoes ). when we stopped we thought he was having a laugh so i told him to go back and get my shoe or my mum will kill me.
    He said "did you not see what was behind me" We said no what was he talking about, He said as he was taking a pee he heard a low shriek/growl in his ear so he screamed and it was chasing him, We all didn't believe him and said it was prob the wind.. So we headed home but i had to go back and get my shoe.. The guy who "witnessed" this so called ghost didn't want me to go on my own so we all went, Now this is the part i will not forget I didn't know where my shoe was so we spent some time there looking i found it pulled it out and a tree a good 30-40 Feet ahead of me i seen a white/gray and black looking dress sitting on a large branch i told them to look and i couldn't make out what it was since it was pretty dark at this point until we heard a loud shriek and this "Dress" moved to another branch of this tree.

I didn't take another look so i just ran and didn't look back, We all ran down to the main road and we weren't that far from and i'm sure it was prob the fastest i ran in my life but as we got to the main road we looked back.. and saw nothing. Still to this day i have no idea what that was that moved.. my mind is boggled about what could've tricked my mind for that.. Was it the wind? a plastic bag caught in the tree? I dunno how a dress like piece of clothing could get trapped in a tree (Maybe it blew off someones washing line a long time ago?), However it was such a coincidence that we heard a loud shriek like scream and it moving, aswell as my friend who heard it aswell. I've never been up there aswell since that day and i think none of us have and we're all 19+

Heh long story sorry, But i'd like to hear your inputs on this thread. Tell us about your stories? I may write more as i have some through my relatives
    Last edited by mmocf1a95161e8; 2010-12-08 at 02:04 AM.

Moved this to the Fun forum, as it's a "Post your" thread. Great thread though!

Deleted
    I actually have a lot of these, since i'm easy to scare/spook.

There was this time at a friend's home, we just finished playing F.E.A.R., and as you can guess i was kinda jumpy. (Note, it was late night)
    I was walking OMW to the toilet when i heard a noise behind me, and turning around to see what it was, and i noticed a pair of glowing eyes just at eye level with me, a few meters away.
    Immediately after i rightfully scream "WHAT THE F..", i notice the pair of glowing eyes moving, and coming in the light, to reveal my friend's cat running away scared. Needless to say, i still get laughed at about it.

Another time, i had just read a creepypasta about a guy hearing tapping on the window, and when he watched outside there was this horrible beast etc, etc.
    Guess what? Just that night i forgot my shutters open, but i noticed it while already in bed, so i thought "cba" and just rolled around to sleep.
    After a while, guess what again? Tapping on the window. I opened my eyes like O_O in a very comic-like fashion, i must admit, and immediately thought "I KNEW IT FFS"
    I went to check on the window, and ta-daaaa! A f**ing cat again! Now, someone would think that since this crap with cats happens to me pretty often, i would get used to it. Well, i didn't. I jumped, tripped on the carpet but luckily landed on my bed, all of this while screaming/swearing my lungs off.

All of the above is even more ridicolous if you take into account the fact that i'm a 1.98 meters, 150 kilograms guy.
    I love cats, but when it's dark, i just hope i never meet one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kortas View Post

There was this time at a friend's home, we just finished playing F.E.A.R., and as you can guess i was kinda jumpy. (Note, it was late night)
    I was walking OMW to the toilet when i heard a noise behind me, and turning around to see what it was, and i noticed a pair of glowing eyes just at eye level with me, a few meters away.
    Immediately after i rightfully scream "WHAT THE F..", i notice the pair of glowing eyes moving, and coming in the light, to reveal my friend's cat running away scared. Needless to say, i still get laughed at about it.

Another time, i had just read a creepypasta about a guy hearing tapping on the window, and when he watched outside there was this horrible beast etc, etc.
    Guess what? Just that night i forgot my shutters open, but i noticed it while already in bed, so i thought "cba" and just rolled around to sleep.
    After a while, guess what again? Tapping on the window. I opened my eyes like O_O in a very comic-like fashion, i must admit, and immediately thought "I KNEW IT FFS"
    I went to check on the window, and ta-daaaa! A f**ing cat again! Now, someone would think that since this crap with cats happens to me pretty often, i would get used to it. Well, i didn't. I jumped, tripped on the carpet but luckily landed on my bed, all of this while screaming/swearing my lungs off.

All of the above is even more ridicolous if you take into account the fact that i'm a 1.98 meters, 150 kilograms guy.
    Probably a cursed cat that seeks revenge and thus haunts you..

You haven't ever driven over a cat, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kortas View Post

While i was reading your posts my cat started screaming...
    ''See me rise, the mighty Surt Destroyer of the universe. Bringer of flames and endless hurt. Scorcher of men and earth!''

I had sleep paralysis, couldn't move - All I could see was eyes starring back at me from under my duvet. A large white figure over me and static noise playing . I calmed myself down because I knew I was in sleep paralysis. Jumped out of my bed, turned the lamp light on.. and played world of warcraft... It calmed me.

10+ Year Old Account
    My grandma and her dog lived with us, until she recently passed away after a failed heart transplant. We didn't know she did due to some 'complications' at the hospital. The day she passed, her dog just started howling and crying all day, she started at the exact time as the time on my gma's death certificate o_O

There's been other things, but that was the most recent. Still gives me chills that her dog sensed it several miles away...
    "I do not concern myself with gods and spirits, either good or evil, nor do I serve any."

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    But yeah, I'll give you Glwys' soul in exchange for answers, Boub!
    And that's how I lost my soul...

One day...
    I was about five in a queens size bed (it wasnt as big as a kings but nearly) in a fairly large room with curtains that would literally block out all light.
    I woke up around it must of been between 1- 4 am some time when I was about 5 years old when I looked over my covers and saw a boy walking around starting from the window to the bottum of my bed...I didnt see how much further he got closer to me I just shat maself and put the covers over me.
    I was one of those people that literally remember the oddest facts and during lessons would remember the pictures better than words at a young age and I identified it as a posh tudor boy around 10...in the time I was frozen with fear and thinking back about the memory.

Same situation happened 1 year later which is why I'll always remember it.

After this I moved rooms and its never happened since, and I'm so glad.

I dont care if its what my parents call "a trick of the light" (fat chance on every other subject they admit those curtains block light) I just dont wanna wake up in the middle of the night and get spooked.

My friends and I were playing ghost in the graveyard. It was a big yard, and the night was dark.

So, during one round, we catch sight of what we believe to be the ghost standing in the middle of the field (we thought he was being an idiot). We yelled "ghost in the graveyard!" and rushed back to the safe zone. When we got there, we saw the ghost running up from the opposite direction we came from. He was pretty angry, presuming we called ghost in the graveyard under false pretenses. We said that we saw someone in the field, and we thought it was him. But it obviously wasn't him.

As a group, we ventured back into the field. When it became increasingly apparent he was gone, we decided to split up. I'm with just two other friends now. We head up towards the treeline at the edge of the yard, and there it is again. A figure, but this time walking away into the treeline. We freak out, and run back. We stayed inside the house the rest of the night.

Anyways, we went back the next morning to where we saw him. There was a horrible smell, we weren't sure what it was (bear in mind we were maybe 12). Well, it turns out that it was one of the neighbors smoking weed.

Deleted
    I once had a black figure standing beside my bed.. I feel many cold spots..
    Sometimes when I try to sleep i feel my bed vibrate softly or like someone is sitting on the side of my bed a few times I heard voices in my room I also hear noises from the room beside me...

Realy freaky don't know what to make of it..

I had a dream that a werewolf and a (not twilight) vampire were fighting in a large shallow pool of blood and the vampire won.

wait thats not scary, thats awseome

OT: I was sleeping and i have a small bed, and im quite tall. I could have sworn that something was pulling at my feet, and i heard a white noise in he background. Scariest moment of my life and now i sleep in fetal position.
    Last edited by DerpderpHAMMA; 2010-12-09 at 01:52 AM.

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Quote Originally Posted by DerpderpHAMMA View Post
    I had a dream that a werewolf and a (not twilight) vampire were fighting in a large shallow pool of blood and the vampire won.

OT: I was sleeping and i have a small bed, and im quite tall. I could have sworn that something was pulling at my feet, and i heard a white noise in he background. Scariest moment of my life and now i sleep in fetal position.
    Then vampire sparkled? Then you woke up from your erotic dream.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpderpHAMMA View Post

Sometimes I have that feeling too, I always try to keep my feet under the blankets ...
    Axinti 80 Mage - Trollbane EU
    Nxi 80 Shaman - Trollbane EU
    Trixxi 71 Warrior - Trollbane EU
    Xia 78 Priest - Trollbane EU
    Taishin 60 Druid - Trollbane EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Not so much an encounter, but I had a recurring nightmare when I was younger (around 4-8 years old, it went on for about 4 years), which to this day (I'm almost 22 now) still haunts me and gives me chills, and prevents me from walking through dark corridoors in my own.

I'm not sure how familiar any of you are with a Maori tiki, but they typically look something like this:

Now my grandmother had a picture of one of these on the wall in her spare bedroom, and when I first saw it I had no idea what it was, being young and knowing nothing about Maori culture. I thought it was some kind of strange creature or alien. This sparked the beginning of a lifelong terror in me.

The nightmare begins with me waking up in my bedroom. It's still night, and still dark. I can see everything in that fuzzy black-and-grey way. Nothing is out of the ordinary, except that my bedroom door is now open, but I always went to sleep with it closed. From my bed I could not see down the hall, so I had a compulsion to get out of my bed and find out why my door was open. After a few weeks of this dream I had come at this point to tell myself "don't do it, you're dreaming, you know what's going to happen if you walk towards that door, you need to wake up". Sometimes I would wake up, sometimes the nightmare would go on to the next part...

I would get out of my bed and walk to my doorway, staring down the hall. The house was in darkness, except at the end of the hall where our lounge was, the door was slightly ajar, and the light was on, gently flowing in to the hall, calling me to walk towards it. If I made it this far, at this point I would tell myself "don't walk down the hall, you know what's there if you do, you've got to wake up". Sometimes I would wake up, sometimes I would start walking down the hall.

As I stepped out of my bedroom, I would hear a very strange noise. I can't really describe it. It was like a long, drawn out, very sad steam train whistle. It howled with sorrow, and just went on, as if it had infinite breath powering it. I looked to my left, through the doorway of my parent's bedroom, and in their room was a massive green tiki there watching me, with its massive eyes and tongue poking out. It slowly started to walk towards me, and after a few steps would lunge right at me. At this point things went black, and I woke up in a very cold sweat, heart beating.

I stopped having this nightmare a few years later, but to this day I still remember the chill I felt when I woke up in my bed in darkness, and when I looked down that hall and saw the room with the light on.

Even stranger, when I was 18 and moved in with my girlfriend, I found out that I had been having night terrors without even realising it. I'm not sure how long they'd gone on for, probably my whole life. But she told me that sometimes in the night I would start making this strange noise, like a really sad howling. I believe this is the noise I heard in my recurring nightmare when I was younger. I must have been making the noise myself, and hearing it in my nightmare. ~15 years later, and I still make that noise in my sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

I also had a moment, it kinda looked like the one from Kortas...

it was very late in the night, I was turning everything off in the house while suddenly... a pair of red eyes were looking at me outside the house in the dark. I was pretty scared but I walked closer to it... than suddenly it started roaring all out loud and it ran straight to my window. I was like WTF JESUS CHRIST. It turned out it was one of my neighbors dog I never saw before, they were coming home late from work or something and they had the dog with them. The dog ran away a little from my neighbors but they were easily able to find him back when he started roaring

Deleted
    A zombie thread AND a spooky encounters thread? All we need now is conspiricys and creepypasta and we'll be the new /x/.

So, One day when I was 8,
    It was at nighttime and I was downstairs in my kitchen by myself, as my dad and brother were upstairs, doing something, possibly reading, I don't recall.
    Anyways, as i was still eating my dinner, a cabinet flew open, and a slow, red mist rolled out quickly. I had no clue what it was as I was 8, so I ran as fast I could up the stairs, and I was spooked.
    An hour after, I convinced my Dad to go downstairs and look to see what it was. When he got there, the cabinet was closed, but we found our 14 year old cat dead in the bathroom.
    We tried to figure out..Did the mist kill the cat? Was the mist the spirit of the cat?
    We still try to figure it out to this day...Insanely creepy!

10+ Year Old Account
    My grandma's house (which I lived in from like 7-10) had a sketchy past. 2 guys died building it, a baby had killed itself by getting choking itself between the bars of it's crib, all creepy stuff. The house was always pretty weird. My dogs would *never* go upstairs; even if we carried them up there they would whine and sprint downstairs again. It was pretty common to hear stuff breaking upstairs and us never finding anything broken. I still remember when we moved all of grandma's (who had just passed away) china to the attic for safekeeping and constantly hearing what sounded like plates being thrown on the ground yet we still have all the china, safe and sound.

My freakiest moment in that house was one night while I was trying to fall asleep. I had locked the door to my room (I was that freaked out by the place) and it could only be opened from inside (I always checked to make sure it was locked) and no one but me had a key. As I was just falling asleep, I watched the door just open. No door knob turning, just the door opening up with no one on the other side. I pretty much shit myself on the spot and have always had an eerie feeling when I'm alone in any houses. Stupid childhood. Now that I think about it, I slept in a somewhat fetal position up until a few years ago just because I had pretty much been in constant fear as a kid living there and always slept in a fetal position somehow thinking that would make me safe, lol.
    Last edited by Shamslam; 2010-12-09 at 01:30 PM.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Well, my scariest moment was when i woke up. I stumbled downstairs and my curtains in the back room were closed, i heard a quick tapping on the french doors that led into the garden. i bricked it. As i opened the curtains, a squirrel stood there, tapping against the window. The minute it saw me, it ran off. More of a funny story.

Nobu, i also seem to get sleep paralysis very rarely, at first i used to panic. now i just realise and eventually fully wake up.
    Night Elf Warrior level 80
    Azuremyst-EU
    Current status: Retired!

I've never had a paranormal experience. I guess I'm pretty boring.

But a few years back, after moving to a more rural area, I went downstairs for a drink at around 2am, and as soon as I turned the light on I heard a really loud noise outside. It's hard to describe it, but it sounded like a cat vs. washing machine. Basically "MROW-ROW-ROW-ROWR" for about a full 30 seconds, with rhythmic thumping against the side of my house, as though it were spinning in circles and hitting the house every revolution. The thumping was too loud / strong to be caused by a housecat though. I don't think there are any large cats in the area, just a rare coyote and very rarely a black bear (I've never seen either).