Thread: Archaeology AHH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just started Arch last night after hitting 83 and thought I would add a few comments....at 83 each successful item was bringing in 11k experience.
    There are usually more than 1 item at a site (Thandol Span digsite had 3 last night). So keep digging until the shovel no longer works in that area or the marker on your map is gone.

For those much further along at what levels did the items start getting useful (pets/mounts/weapons/gear)? I would guess gear not till 450+ but how about the other stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exilon View Post
    There are usually more than 1 item at a site (Thandol Span digsite had 3 last night).

Every site has three

15+ Year Old Account
    Why does NE spawns make up for 90%.
    4 NE nodes visiable on the map, I go do them all and get 4 new NE zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Why does NE spawns make up for 90%.
    4 NE nodes visiable on the map, I go do them all and get 4 new NE zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    Yeah I really dislike Kalimdor for that reason, there's like 2? troll spawns and a few fossil ones, I've been levelling my archaeology in eastern kingdoms for that reason. I'm sure I'll get tons of Night Elf stuff once I start trying to get Tol'vir things.

I'm at 253 archeology. I've discovered 3 rares... both fossilized raptor (currently making 10/100) and the pet and also Highborne Soul Mirror... so I'm thinking rares aren't as "rare" as you might think. Who knows though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rento View Post
    Up to 250 skill so far. Got the Skeletal Raptor Hatchling and 14/100 on the Raptor Mount. Also working on a Dwarf rare: Chalice of the Mountain King.

What's everyone else's progress so far? Have I just been lucky or are the rares not very rare at all?
    not a single rare yet at 180

at 235, all ive gotten so far is the raptor hatchling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy View Post
    Nope ;/ I used pMinimap but turned that off just incase, also enabled / disabled and re-enabled points of intrest. It's all still buggered. ;/
    When you hit M to bring up the map there is a box you can check to show dig sites. Maybe you unchecked it? Thats all I can think of.
    I'm going to do some real damage!

Quote Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
    Do you get experience while leveling up archeology? If so I'd like to know how much..
    Well when i got cataclysm i spent the next 4 hours flying around EK and got to lvl 60 archeology and got about 3 bars filled so im assuming later on itll reward alot more xp, plus im lvl 80 so i think tgis would be an awsome proff for those trying to make a pug alt and have time to detour to digsites around your questable areas ( i dont know how frustratingly long thisd be without flying though)

Archeo 1 -> 525 : lvl 80 -> lvl 83 without doing any single quest

Same as the last guy, got to 525 and got to 83. Working on the epic ring, now almost halfway to 84 without doing a quest. Kind of sucks, actually. It's addictive, even if I hate it.

I am now lvl 82 and all I have been doing is Archaeology. Right now I am at about 350 and going on in Outland, though I am not sure if that is the most profitable? Feels like alot of Flying...What do you others say?

Outland or Azeroth after skill 300?

So far I got 3 rares. First I got the Fossil Raptor Hatchling at about 200 skill and after that I got the Highborne Soul Mirror. Then, last night, I got the Fossil Raptor Mount, it's just really charming somehow, especially with the little pet.
    Here's a link to my blog with a picture of Misu on her mount:
    http://himlaklar.se/photo/misus-archaeology-rewards/

Deleted
    I can confirm you get massive experience from archeology. 1-525 will have you ding 80 to 83 on its own, without even looking sideways at a single mob.

It is far better to stay in Azeroth to get to 525. Outlands/Northrend require at least 45 fragments per, whereas Azeroth averages about 30-35.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    It is far better to stay in Azeroth to get to 525. Outlands/Northrend require at least 45 fragments per, whereas Azeroth averages about 30-35.
    Yeah I noticed that too, but I somehow thought that since you only gather 2 types of fragments in Outland it might be profitable, I don't know, I'll go back to Azeroth, flying from Shadowmoon -> Netherstorm drives me nuts!

Deleted
    i made dwarfen baby socks ! woeeeww