Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZtriDer View Post
    This is a whole other thing then being kicked because needing on upgrading gear.
    This my sound harsh, but your job as a DD is to do as much dps as you can without pulling agro. The limit of your DPS is set by the tanks ability to produse threat. It is your job to adapt to the limit of the tank.
    Even if the tank is bad and does a bad job, you will have to do a even better job then normal to adapt. It is the right of the group to kick you if they find you not able to do so.
    No no no.....if a tank cant hold threat with DPS doing what they should be doing and are on the same target as the tank...thats the fault of the tank not the DPS. I understand gear limitations but when two tanks in similar gear are compared and i pull off one and not the other....it shouldnt be the DPS's responsibility to play to the faults of the bad tank.... it should be the tank thats kicked cuz there are plenty that do a fine job with DPS lighting up the target

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually almost got kicked for CC'n in a dungeon.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowviper View Post
    I actually almost got kicked for CC'n in a dungeon.
    And I quote:

"LOL this place must be bugged cuz the Earthshaper isn't getting his force of earth cast out. It's so awesum"

Stonecore, first bits of trash. I'm Wind Shearing the ability. UGH.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flummox: not all players will under-appreciate you keep being awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    When in doubt, ask first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, if you roll need on an upgrade nobody should QQ.

End of story.

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad start to the expansion my friend, but please be aware of the fact a lot of people in this game do actually have:

A brain
    Common sense
    Morals and scruples

We exist, albeit a bit few and far between sometimes

Looking forward to queuing with anyone of you, and tanking a great 5 manner for y'all!
    There's no such thing as bad players. Unless you refer to the good players that refuse to pass on their knowledge.

1) stop pugging.

problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flummox View Post
    And I quote:

"LOL this place must be bugged cuz the Earthshaper isn't getting his force of earth cast out. It's so awesum"

Stonecore, first bits of trash. I'm Wind Shearing the ability. UGH.
    Lol that is epic. I love it when people have absolutely no idea when CC is actually going on.

I ran BRC with my bro-in-law the other day. He was tanking for a guild run. About half way through the run, he says into vent, "Who keeps casting that huge beam of light?" I laughed so hard I almost /facedesk'd. It was a guild run with me (obviously boomkin), him (warrior), priest healer, rogue, and hunter. He sure is noobtastic sometimes.

wow thats lame

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though this has nothing to do with the topic, I thought I would put it here since I actually WAS kicked 5 seconds into a dungeon.

Heroic SFK. Dungeon is in progress. Loading. They are halfway through, I say "hi, how's it going?".

You have been removed from the group.

Interesting, isn't it?

Now to wait for another 30 minutes.

I just wish I would get to know why exactly was I kicked just like that.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

I actually rolled need on a boe tanking ilvl333 blue for my paladin while playing on my hunter. Nobody else needed it (including the tank) and I asked before I rolled if that's fine with them. Nobody answered so I need rolled just before the timer expired and nobody even said anything about it lol... I'm guessing I would have gotten quite a bit of flack if I hadn't said anything first tho heh.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man that really sucks when stuff like this happens, a few times I have had to just think "It's not worth it, They will get what's coming" etc, So I don't go and create a low level on their realm and, talk to them, in an angry face!

Sounds pathetic I havn't actually done it but man have I been tempted to go talk some sense into people like that.

Slightly more OT: A few times in HHoR if I was ret and our tank didn't LoS pull I would Repent the hunter or mage and after a few seconds I think sweet group can see it since no AE damage was breaking it and then a dk Deathgrips it, He's dps, He starts flaming the tank for not pulling it in and tries to kick him, I dicline and tell him how I CC'd it and he apparently tried to kick me for it =\

I hope that one day people gain, well, Common sense!

Quote Originally Posted by jbblaze View Post
    I can not wait until Wrath of the Babies dies a slow and painful death.

I feel your pain brother; I feel your pain.
    I prefer the term 'Wrath of the Lich Kids.'
    I too can't wait until those impatient little turds die out, and leave us with people actually willing to wipe more than once to figure out a boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavastrasz View Post
    well you just got a lucky roll on your groupmates I suppose..
    had a slightly different experience last week when I was playing my lvl 44 warlock.
    got kicked by 2 guys from an unspeakable guild who thought I wasnt doing enough dmg.
    though I was on the first place in the meters.. my my leveling seems to be hard today, whatever level it is.

oh now I get it! thats the "new" difficulty level they were talking about ..
    ^This makes no sense...

I ran BRD twice with a PUG, no problem. I ran it with my (rather unskilled/ungeared) guild, and it was really hard. It all depends on the caliber of the player. Many of us have full 251, which makes these dungeons easier. Anyway I would really not recommend doing any dungeons until you get a bunch of (maybe even a full set of) cata greens. The dungeons are designed for cata greens and you are going to get spanked hard if you are in less than 251 gear. So yeah just wait or buy stuff on the AH if your gear is bad. Cata quests are ridiculously easy, you just have to actually do them.

(And OP, i would need too), but I was under the impression that you cant be kicked until 15 min after dungeon start. Guess they changed it.

Edit: I realize the above doesn't have much to do w/ the OP, but the point is that the cata dungeons are tuned for cata greens, which are somewhere around tier 10 equivalence (level 80 greens i mean)
    Last edited by gibbie99; 2010-12-10 at 12:32 PM.

If something's an upgrade and appropriate to my class and spec? I roll need, green or blue, I don't care. Not if it's like... dps leather while I'm a warrior, I roll greed then no matter what. (Also, if I see something to greed, but someone rolls need before I can push greed, I just pass. I know I'm not going to win a roll, so why roll greed anyway huh? )

Deleted
    Just to show that not every pug group is full of douchebags, yesterday running City of the tol´vir on normal, an epic AGi cloak dropped from a trash mob. AS i was the only AGI wearer on the group, every1 else greeded gentlely, despite of it being BoE and easily sold for 15-30k gold on AH

Quote Originally Posted by Wooticus View Post
    I can see why they kicked you, as the chances of a green actually being an upgrade for someone are slim to none, though it is glorious display of bad character on their end regardless.

On a more cynical note, and sorry to be this way, but you really shouldn't even start out a spec until you have at least a crafted rare. That just shows you're making a little effort to contribute to a group before you start hopping into randoms, but that's just my two cents.
    This right here is why you got kicked. People are ignorant and think that green means bad, blue ok, purple always best.

Shadowmourne only beats 82/83 green weapons by having a few more stats and socketes, the base dps on it is LOWER than greens. This group would have kicked you if you picked up a blue to replace Shadowmourne, they see color not stats.