Unhappy No Pet Bar starting?

I made a Goblin Hunter to mess around with, no UI addons, and noticed right away that i had no functional Pet Bar with all the pet's abilities on it. Nor could I drag any of the pet's spells down onto my normal action bar. Has anyone else had this problem on new or existing characters?
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

I've been lvling my hunter and have had no such problem. Did you try reloading ur UI or just relogging as a whole? If that doesn't work just put in a ticket and hope for the best

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap are you below level 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by ipresskeys View Post
    You just made me shit my pants..
    What a bunch of bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkfremin View Post
    Luckily, I never liked the guy that much, so his absence will not affect me in the slightest.

you cant controll the pet until lvl 10.. so after you learn the skill at 10 you can controll it

you learn it at like level 10 i believe maybe a different level i dont remember its been like this for a while
    IM GONNA PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE!

May just be a UI bug.
    Try /reload UI
    also as xrobar and backal said, you may have to wait until level 10.
    Last edited by mrkidninja; 2010-12-08 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Mistake

wait so if u start a new hunter, u have a pet but no way of controlling it until lvl 10 (maybe) when u learn an ability? that strikes me as odd. But i wouldn't now seeing as i never started a new one lol

Deleted
    It's the same for warlocks. Lvl 10 you get the bar and the skill 'control pet' or control demon.

As many have said, you get the bar at level 10.

Warlock and Hunter pets are considered Guardians until level 10. That is, they follow you around and attack targets you are attacking but cannot be controlled. At level 10 you learn the Control Pet skill, which changes the type of your pet into Pet and allows you to control it (you also learn how to tame new ones, etc).

Thank you much for the responses, and yes holy crap I'm not level 10 yet. Last time I tried playing a hunter I couldn't get into it, and that was when you didn't even get a pet to begin.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Just a footnote here; Since patch 4.0 this was bugged and new level 1 hunters DID have a pet bar, though it didn't actually work (you couldn't control the pet with it). It now appears that this has been fixed, and hunters are now properly pet bar free until you learn "control pet".
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."