No gems from mining Pyrite Ore???

I spent from the time the server came up at 2:00 am untill 2:00 pm mostly farming in Twilight Highlands for Elementium and Pyrite Ore, also grabbed all the herbs I could. Over that time I farmed 2480 Elementium Ore and 453 Pyrite Ore. I got some, not alot, but some green and blue quality gems from mining the Elementium nodes, but didn't get a single gem from any of the Pyrite nodes. Now the way I understand it is that Obsidian is equal to what Cobalt was, Elementium = Saronite, and Pyrite = Titanium. In WotLK you had a pretty good chance of getting a gem of either quality or sometimes both when mining a Titanium node. Is not getting gems or any of the Volatile Earth, Fire, or Air from the Pyrite nodes intentional or is this a bug that slipped through the cracks? Maybe I'm being greedy but, one would assume that you would have a chance of getting a gem or a volatile when mining Pyrite. Anyone else notice this today also? Or does anyone have a blue post explaining this that I may have missed?

---------- Post added 2010-12-08 at 07:34 PM ----------

check check is this thing on?

Hmm.. interesting. I haven't seen anyone really talking about this at all. Most players prolly haven't started mining it yet. I've done some mining but haven't gotten to the pyrtie yet. I'll keep an eye out for this tho. You are right tho, you'd think you'd get some gems or volatiles tho. I'll post back when I start mining pyrite and let you know.

Yes, you can get gems from mining Pyrite veins.
    However, it seems to be a quite rare incident at the moment.

First of all, gratz on the insane amounts of gold you'll be getting once you auction that.

Secondly, it is a rare sight to see gems from Pyrite nodes at the moment, hopefully that will be changed in the near future.

How have you gotten so much pyrite. Your ratio is about 5:1. I haven't tracked my ore over the past 2 days but I'd say it's more like 10:1 elementium to pyrite.

I was first player on my realm to go to Twilght Highlands but I started mining and herbing in Icecrown to get my skill up so I could bypass mining for Obsidian in Vash'ir and Mount Hyjal. So upon entering Twilight Highlands I had complete run of the zone taking all the nodes for myself. So as soon as I hit 525 I got all the pyrite that I had been passing up. I had a run of 6 straight Pyrite nodes. I was like ZOMG NOMNOMNOM! So yea, I cleaned up pretty good in the early hours. Plus I got to listen to all my guildys cussin and swearing up a storm over the HUGE gankfests that were going on in the starting areas. Quite entertaining....

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive gotten a few blue gems (after several hours of mining) from Elementium nodes. Deepholme is by far the best Elementium zone. Im not sure about Pyrite, but I guess its Twilight Highlands.
    Assistant (to the) Regional Manager.

Yeah I did the same but still definitely did not have a ratio of 5:1. I filled a whole bank tab of elementium ore from my first run of mining after launch with the whole zone basically to myself and only had about 5-6 stacks of pyrite in that time.

Maybe I just got lucky with the RNG respawn factor I guess? I haven't been back to farm there today so I can't tell you if the rates are same or not. By the way, anyone else notice the skin for Pyrite? Very close to Enchanted Thorium Bar skin? Way to go blizz. WTB less recycled skins!!

the pyrite ore nodes themselves look like a buttery baked potato