Deleted

Warlock fire spells

Hi dar
    A few friends of mine told me all warlock spell that have anything to do with fire as in destruction would change to green fire, like Fel fire.
    Does anyone know if this is true?

No, they stay normal red fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    No, they stay normal red fire.
    Thanks for letting me know some of my friends are lairs :P

Deleted
    I'm betting that your friend saw a movie or whatever of someone using that 'green fire' package. It updates all your fire spells to green fire. I can't remember what the site is called but it shouldn't be hard to find with google (they also have cool wallpapers there). However i do think using it is against the EULA (not 100% but you're not allowed to change game files i think).

Deleted
    Yeah, if it can't be done as a mod with the built in LUA code, then you can get banned if you are caught using it.

The basic idea being that it is fairly trivial to go from something harmless like green fire, to unfair gameplay advantages like changing the Stealth special effect to a giant neon pink arrow or something.

Since Blizz has no idea if you're trustworthy they just presume the worst.

wtb glyph of green fire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by p75369 View Post
    Yeah, if it can't be done as a mod with the built in LUA code, then you can get banned if you are caught using it.

The basic idea being that it is fairly trivial to go from something harmless like green fire, to unfair gameplay advantages like changing the Stealth special effect to a giant neon pink arrow or something.

Since Blizz has no idea if you're trustworthy they just presume the worst.
    They can usually see what you are doing with the files. I don't think I've ever heard of anybody getting banned for the green fire mod. They typically get banned for other things. Regardless, yes it is against the rules and Blizzard made it so that Green Fire mod doesn't work anymore anyway. Right now, unless blizzard makes a Glyph or makes it possible with lua, you are out of luck illegally or otherwise.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...