Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    If you had posted that on the official forums you would have been banned lol.
    but he is right
    do you have any idea how much tranfering many characters from one server to another or faction changing them en- masse costs? More than one year's worth of subscription

Quote Originally Posted by shadedream View Post
    All I read was:

Hheebo: *carebear tears*

I'm not an elitist to say the least, but I think wrath really spoiled the PvE types on what a PvP server really is. Seriously, if you want consented PvP... roll a PvE server. You can turn it on and off at any time which seems to be what people on PvP Realms are crying for anyway. I've not seen ANYTHING on the scale of the BC launch and Isle of Quel'danas. Those were both a blood bath...
    Yeah, I don't get it at all. That experience is almost literally the only thing that a PvP server adds that a PvE server doesn't have. I'd kind of understand if there was some other sort of PvP experience added by PvP servers, but literally the only thing a PvP server adds is the ability to force someone not interested in PvP to participate in PvP (or more generously, being on a PvP server implies that there is never a moment when you are not interested in PvP when in the open world).

While I can't think of a better name, I kinda wonder if the labels "PvP" and "PvE" themselves are just kind of old and out of date. They originated back in EQ days as I recall when a non-PvP server pretty much DID have no PvP outside of duels. WoW's PvE servers pretty much have 99% of the game's PvP, and all of the PvP that has a reward structure. I guess it is a little unfortunate that someone new to the game who loves PvP would think that means they should roll on a PvP server, since that very well may have absolutely nothing to do with what they consider PvP.

I dunno if you guys have been on a PvP realm lately, but if you think there's no difference between a PvE and a PvP realm, maybe it's time you leveled again in PvP just to taste how sweet it is again to not be bored because everytime you see corpses lie around, you don't need to worry for your toon's life, as whatever you can encounter, it's not gonna be facerollproof - it will never be more than just another mob.

That, for me, is why PvP > PvE anyday. Not because I like ganking, but because I like the thrill of ending up in a fight. If you will, the possibility of being "forced" into PvP is exactly what makes a PvP realm fun. For me, and I am sure for others on PvP realms as well.

I'm surprised there is no fix for the Vashj'ir quest achievement. There are no 160 quests in there.

Deleted
    so it was you who've stolen murky and the windrider cub from my gf :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats to the new mods!

I really do hope that the intent is not to wave the ban-hammer. MMO Champion is notorious for frivilous bans. I still love my 2 month ban for having internet connection problems. It's still searchable on google too.

Deleted
    Ganked on PvP servers
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    ppl are ppl realy complainin about that? I guess they don't know what the pvp flag in the server list actualy means -.- .. but awsome answer tho^^
    I do so much enjoy leveling when so many players (and also of the oppossing faction) are around. You have to be careful if you want to kill someone and observe the surroundings how many players are around or if there maybe friends and guildmates who could come after you and such. this is open pvp, and this is missing when the big leveling phase is over and most players are hiding in instances and capitals again.

Quote Originally Posted by Abelian75 View Post
    Yeah, I don't get it at all. That experience is almost literally the only thing that a PvP server adds that a PvE server doesn't have. I'd kind of understand if there was some other sort of PvP experience added by PvP servers, but literally the only thing a PvP server adds is the ability to force someone not interested in PvP to participate in PvP (or more generously, being on a PvP server implies that there is never a moment when you are not interested in PvP when in the open world).

While I can't think of a better name, I kinda wonder if the labels "PvP" and "PvE" themselves are just kind of old and out of date. They originated back in EQ days as I recall when a non-PvP server pretty much DID have no PvP outside of duels. WoW's PvE servers pretty much have 99% of the game's PvP, and all of the PvP that has a reward structure. I guess it is a little unfortunate that someone new to the game who loves PvP would think that means they should roll on a PvP server, since that very well may have absolutely nothing to do with what they consider PvP.
    I think you are one of those who didn't understand the pvp/pve label. Do you actualy realize that there are two fractions in this game? which are AT WAR? seriously, lore-wise horde and alliance hate each other. This is what you may experience on a pvp realm. You are meant to face the opposing fraction as enemy which means your first impuls should be he might kill you and you should kill him before he has the chance to. that was the original intent for pvp realms (besides I can't understand why there are pve realms anyways, cuz it leads the two fraction design ad absurdum).
    Even tho, you can see on pvp realms (on mine at least) that 90% of the players leave the others alone and concentrate on leveling while they level next to them. its not that bad.
    Last edited by mmoc70895a0c51; 2010-12-09 at 11:02 AM.

Let's face it, not many of us took it serriously when we did our first char.
    On the other hand, Wolrd PVP can be made nice by using some rules.
    "Farming" a low level player in STV is something that forced many of the ppl I know to move to a normal pve server.
    The rules against killing low level players are not existing in this game, and is making PVP servers a nightmare for leveling.
    Last edited by cerbul; 2010-12-10 at 01:57 PM.