Poll: Why do you workout

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why do you workout?

So why do you workout do you lift to look better and be more attractive or do you lift for other reasons im very curious to know.

Personally i just like that satisfaction of being pretty lean and cut at the beach and pool or when i take my shirt off but other then that i really have no motivation.

Deleted
    I workout to be in good physical health and condition... basically.

Deleted
    I get tired too easily so I jog to increase my stamina. I already look good and don't really enjoy working out the slightest but getting tired mid day at uni or work kinda sucks:P I don't own a car so I have to walk at least 2 km to get there and back.

The general answer is going to be "to be in good shape", but we all know that's a lie in most cases.

Deleted
    Because the society and culture forces me to look good.

Deleted
    Because I feel so much better after I do my workouts.

Deleted
    To lose weight

More confidence but also for sports (esp mma), which have a high physical demand.

Edit: Those 2 options from the OP suck.
    Last edited by Darkdruidelf; 2011-08-10 at 10:13 AM.

I only do pushups and I'm very skinny, but doing them makes me feel much better. (sedentary lifestyle)

Like others said, you feel so good after a workout, whether you're just running, or lifting weights, or participating in a sport. Now that I've lost 28 pounds and put on muscle too, I look and feel good. You DO have more confidence.

Yes, as donPilgaard pointed out, we live in a society where being beautiful means being thin, but being thin doesn't necessarily mean you're healthy. Yes, back in the day, if you were fat it meant you were wealthy and could afford to eat whatever you want. Nowadays, not only do we have society to thank, but science is now backing it up saying that you need to eat healthy if you want to live a long life. Personally, the idea of dying at 50, 60, or even 70 doesn't sit well with me. Neither does dying of a heart attack because I just couldn't resist that damn bacon-coated burger.

Deleted
    Health, because I'm sick of being a flabby git, and because my other half is really looking forward to my six-pack.

In roughly equal measure.

Because I don't want to be a fat shit.

Deleted
    Cause not taking care of yourself is for loser with no willpower. And i dont wanne be like that.

Deleted
    What kind of a poll is that???

To get fit, and it also helps me combat insomnia. work out and sleep like a Baby vs not work out and have all this stored energy that keeps me awake.

At first I started working out to basically just show off to other people. After a while I got addicted to lifting and now I do it because I enjoy seeing my body grow into something better than it was before. Human muscle growth is a beautiful science, imo.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I work out for my own enjoyment and noone elses. The result is just a bonus which does give you more self-confidence and that's never a bad thing

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    To get women.

Looks and the feeling after are good too, but I would not do it for that only.

to lose weight and feel better about myself.

new question, how often and how long do your workouts occur/last?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    new question, how often and how long do your workouts occur/last?
    6 days a week and usually lasting between 45 - 90 minutes depending on what/how much I feel like doing.