Poll: Battlegroups are arbitrary and should be scrapped

Battlegroups are arbitrary and should be scrapped

Battlegroups are arbitrary and should be scrapped and merged into a single pool to shorten BG queue times and allow a true measurement of Arena prowess on a regional basis (obviously title awarding etc would be adjusted to suit)

yes or no

and why (if you feel inclined)
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Didn't they just make it region wide BGs? If they haven't yet they are in the works.

never mind
    Last edited by sleekit; 2010-12-08 at 05:45 PM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

10+ Year Old Account
    BGs are arbitrary? What does that even mean???

IMVO (V for valuable) they should scrap rated BGs as a separate entity and not force entire teams to be made and queued. Just allow players to queue up normally as always and evaluate their performance in their BGs and give them a rating based on it. Good enough rating gives access to certain rewards!

Then again I also think all PvPers should have access to top tier PvP items so that it's a fight of skill and not being outgeared, which ISN'T fun!

Yeah, I rock.

Battlegroups are here to stay because to my understanding each Battlegroup is a specific dedicate box (or group of boxes). Imagine calling something a specific name for six years and then all of a sudden you lost it. While we may not use battlegroups I believe the Blizzard Entertainment employee's that manage the networking side of things still use these names when referring to overall groups of realms.

@frejborg - Sounds to much like Halo 3 or Modern Warfare 2. Ever heard of boosting?. That's a problem that would develop in World of Warcraft if your idea was developed and added into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit View Post
    Battlegroups are arbitrary and should be scrapped and merged into a single pool to shorten BG queue times and allow a true measurement of Arena prowess on a regional basis (obviously title awarding etc would be adjusted to suit)

yes or no

-10 points to the uninformed
    "lol uh oh , spelling correction, the sure sign someone is losing an argument "

10+ Year Old Account
    BG's are being merged into larger pools by combining battlegroups. I'm not sure on your point here:

Are you saying we should NOT have battlegroups but individual realms again, or are you saying that we should be able to play versus anyone in the world?

If it's the former: that's a crazy backwards decision. Single realm PvP was horrible for queue times and dumbed down PvP. If you were on a bad PvP server you were never getting better opponents, and if you had a crazy good server you never stood a chance either (depending on skill level).

If you say that we should be able to match up against anyone, then that is a process that is technically borderlining impossible at the moment. Blizzard has made significant strides in letting us play versus bigger pools of people and will continue to do so. The current schedule is to merge multiple battlegroups together. With the trend in 'server pooling' that we have seen so far in WoW it is not unthinkable that eventually you can play versus any realm that exists in your region.
    There's no such thing as bad players. Unless you refer to the good players that refuse to pass on their knowledge.

We’re pleased to announce that during maintenance this week region-wide battleground matchmaking was rolled out in Europe. From now on, all realms for our European players are matched together for battlegrounds. While your teams will continue to consist only of players from your language region, you may meet opponents from all over Europe. Also, there are now four larger groups for dungeon finder use. These groups include the following realms:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/943559

so now im informed \o/

it should still be done for Arena as well (if it isn't in the pipeline)
    Last edited by sleekit; 2010-12-09 at 01:13 AM.

gee thx Brox...

10+ Year Old Account
    In the future, please try to post things that are coherent and make sense to other people.

I get that the gist of this post is that Blizzard should have region wide battleground matchmaking for Arena, but that's what they've been working towards ever since crossrealm battlegrounds were introduced. As technology and software improves, I'm sure we'll eventually see region wide arenas and battlegrounds.

Unfortunately this is one of those things that takes time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    for anyone whos raging, he sayd battlegroups not battlegrounds. i think they will eventually. but 6 years ago i dont think servers had the power they do now, which is why the merged them all for bgs recently, maybe arenas are the next step.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit View Post

yes or no

what proof do u have that horde alliance pvp signups will be 1:1 if you put it all together in 1 big mess???

since when did Arena have anything to do with faction balance ?

as for Battlegrounds: already merged into "1 big mess" (apparently) so it seems Blizzard have no problem with it and i would point to that as my "proof".

the point is when players are split up arbitrarily into Battlegroups you can be "a big fish in a small pond" (and with realm tranfers can even deliberately choose to be so) while a far better player than you in another Battlegroup goes unrecognised because he's in a more competitive pool with more "big fish" than you are.

region wide pools make sure that the best are recognised from out of all who take part.

just like (ahem) the PvE side of endgame.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2010-12-10 at 02:32 PM.

gee thx Brox...

Yeah great idea. Take even more sense of community out of pvp........

And before you say "WELL EVERY1 WILL B IN DA SAME THING SO ULL KNOW PEEPS HURRRRR" No. you're wrong. Thats far to big of a pool to play out of. At least now, we have places like BG9 for PVPers who actually want to play srsbsns and more casual pve battlegroups where people can pretend to be awesome.

Sorry but the best time in PVP for WoW was vanilla before battlegroups. The sense of community ruled and being able to see familiar teams was awesome. Realm forums that actually got used, cross faction trash talk, oh man the good days.

If we're going to kill battlegroups, Kill cross server pvp all together.
    Last edited by Malignity; 2010-12-10 at 07:17 PM.

battlegroups, for BG pvp, are already gone

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by Malignity View Post
    Yeah great idea. Take even more sense of community out of pvp........

And before you say "WELL EVERY1 WILL B IN DA SAME THING SO ULL KNOW PEEPS HURRRRR" No. you're wrong. Thats far to big of a pool to play out of. At least now, we have places like BG9 for PVPers who actually want to play srsbsns and more casual pve battlegroups where people can pretend to be awesome.

Sorry but the best time in PVP for WoW was vanilla before battlegroups. The sense of community ruled and being able to see familiar teams was awesome. Realm forums that actually got used, cross faction trash talk, oh man the good days.

If we're going to kill battlegroups, Kill cross server pvp all together.
    Funny how everyone thinks bg9 is so much more srs business. I just watched an ele shammy at 2400 on aj who didn't interrupt or cc the entire six matches he had recorded.

This is why people should research before posting on a forum.
    Sonics - Argent Dawn EU
    Mahurum - Argent Dawn EU