10+ Year Old Account

Black arrow VS Explosive trap

From what i have heard you are supposed to use explosive trap over black arrow but when i tested (at 85) black arrow did more damage so have i done something wrong or is it supposed to be that way?

Deleted
    flametrap u might seek ??

They recently buffed Black Arrow so that people would stop using Explosive Trap.

Once I'm done with finals I'm going to sit down and update those guides for 85, since they're only correct for 80 right now.
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2010-12-08 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    They recently buffed it so that people would stop using Black Arrow.

Did you mean to say that they buffed Black Arrow so that SV hunters would stop using Explosive Trap on single targets?
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Quote Originally Posted by Koumaru View Post
    Did you mean to say that they buffed Black Arrow so that SV hunters would stop using Explosive Trap on single targets?
    Yes. Yes I did.

I should have my coffee before I post.

i read that too and started to do that but i am a retard and wasted time in the placement when i could be shooting something. a macro prob would have helped but i am also lazy and didnt want to do the research. i dont think the difference was all that great either.

Deleted
    The damage is actually pretty minimal on both, and on packs of 2+ mobs you should still use Explosive Trap for both increased damage output and higher LnL proc.