Poll: Which one?

Deleted

Blacksmithing or Alchemy?

I am a lv62 (soon 63) prot warrior. I started out with BS and right now its about 320 or so, but I am getting kind of bored of it. On my other chars I always had alchemy as my main prof (although now they are all gone :/) and seeing as alchemy gets even more proffession benefits then it did before (A MOUNT!!!) I am wondering should I switch??? The benefits of alchemy to me seem to outweight those of bs.... so I am not so sure if I should stick with bs or not... what do you guys think?

Alchemyyyy <Biased.
    It really depends, they both have their uses but Alchemy seems to be fer more useful the further into the profession you get (and i mean, cmon, who doesn't wanna be a massive freakin' dragon that can carry people!)

Deleted
    Ok since no one is posting any other comments I prob will switch to alch tnx

Deleted
    I'm biased but: Alchemy, definitely

BS gives you armor and weps, and a jewel slot for your belt

alchemy gives: flasks which are a constant source of profit, gem transmutes, guild cauldrons (a flask for everyone :P), double benefits from anything you make, metal transmutes (the only way to make arcanite and truegold, which will be EXPENSIVE for a few weeks, especially as all crafting proffs use it), the ability to make up to FIVE TIMES the usual yield of an item depending on your mastery, a good tanking trinket, a unique flask that never runs out and is usable in PVP, some new fun items like the deepstone oil and potion of illusion
    and the new EPIC SUPER AWESOME DRAKE MOUNT :P

but remember to get herbalism too, levelling alchemy without herbalism's a bitch

Deleted
    ok its alchemy!!! XP so much awesome stuff in alchemy compared to bs.... MUAHAHA ALCHEMYYYYYYYYY <3 (even if all my guildies say bs is better, alch is better for them anyways, SO ALCHEMY!!!)

Shoulda stayed BS, it's really expensive to relevel if you change your mind. Plus, at 85, the weapons/armor/ore/bars will make you a ton of money

Deleted
    If you already changed to Alchemy - bad call, BS takes a lot of money to level up which you just wasted. It's also the only profession where you can completely select what stat bonuses you want (JC can do this, but can't use hybrid gems). Sure, Alchemy gets better flasks, but you can't select any stat you want - it's all set in stone. They also get the drake, but considering it costs 30k, and most people don't have that lying around, nor do they want to spend it on that, so I wouldn't count that into one of its perks.

^^^Blacksmithing also requires that you pay extra to get that whatever bonus you want though. Every time you change your gloves or bracers you'll have to pay jewelcrafters extra money in order to be able to recieve your bonus.

Alchemy~

Alchemy does nothing for your DPS/Threat, BS does. Alchemy is a support profession that needs to be leveled by an alt.

/thread

Deleted
    First I did not change yet, and second, I am not sure what you mean it doesn't help threat or anything? Then how does BS? You do get 2 extra sockets as a BS, and nice armor (although you can prob replace it after doing 2-3 heroics) but alchemy also gives you stats (not permanently, but you can have a flask effect on 24/7... and it also gives you a nice trinket and a way to heal yourself a bit (which can be life saving in many situations).

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuldrad View Post
    Alchemy does nothing for your DPS/Threat, BS does. Alchemy is a support profession that needs to be leveled by an alt.

/thread
    Increased flask effects say helo.

/thread
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

I would say alchemy. Reasons: Mount, longer flask timers, makes good gold, and transmutes. Oh, did I mention the OMGMOUNT!! I mean cmon, who doesn't want to turn into a big ass dragon and fly around?!?!?! BS is good if you are totally basing it off of what you get in a raid setting. Extra gems slots > flask timer. So if you are serious in raiding and want the profession that will better enhance you toon, go BS. If you want a profession that makes you more gold and lets you fly around all uberlike, go alch.