Thread: Guild Group.

Deleted

Guild Group.

Hey,
    I understand that the Guild Achievements/Experience/Reputation is still very new but there seems to be a lack of information on how various things work. Thus I was wondering whether anyone through their own experience would have any answers.

I understand that 75% of a group would need to be of the same guild for the group to be a guild group. What I don't understand is how does this change when one attempts to solo dungeons/raids, especially in classic WoW.

Secondly, with regards to the guild group, how does the doing the quest chains to legendaries work. Would I need to be in a guild group every time I cashed in/picked up a quest? Every time I looted parted of a quest item? etc.

Thirdly, due to being in a small guild, many of my guild's members attempt to contribute a lot in an effort to reach our daily cap of xp. It seems though that even though the cap on individuals has been removed (I think?) many of us are still not receiving guild reputation when doing things that should normally be eligible for guild reputation. Though, we are getting guild experience for those same actions.

Linked to this, there seems to be a certain limit to the weekly guild points contribution list. In which multiple members seem to be drawing equal first on 1575002. Does anyone know why this is? Is this linked to the reputation cap?

If anyone has any thoughts do feel free to convey them.

Kind regards,
    Bloodpurge

Im in a tiny guild with only a handful of 85s, and this is just about impossible for us anytime soon. Ill be bored of the game before they all hit 85 and get geared enough

You will not get guild credit if you solo a dungeon.

you need 4/5 people for a 5 man dungeon, any 5 man. Vanilla, BC, wrath or Cata.
    8/10 for 10 man raids and level 60 raids And I believe level 70 raids can also be done with the minimum of 8
    you need 20/25 people for 25 man raids

Legendaries count as soon as you get the achievement for acquiring it, IE equipping it.

Guild reputation is capped at 3500 per week.
    You get very little if any rep if you do old world quests. Some only give 1-5 rep, even though they are new (i.e implimented after the shattering) and give 250 rep with say Orgimmar.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2010-12-26 at 01:25 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Thanks so much.

So in terms of the legendaries, I can do the entire chain for a legendary on my own, in a pug, not go near a guildy or anything. And as long as I am in a guild and honoured with it, the guild will get the legendary achievement upon equip?

so to get MC/BWL etc credit i would need 32 guild members to get the achievement?
    Tank Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    You will not get guild credit if you solo a dungeon.

you need 4/5 people for a 5 man dungeon, any 5 man. Vanilla, BC, wrath or Cata.
    8/10 for 10 man raids and level 60 raids And I believe level 70 raids can also be done with the minimum of 8
    you need 20/25 people for 25 man raids

Legendaries count as soon as you get the achievement for acquiring it, IE equipping it.

Guild reputation is capped at 3500 per week.
    You get very little if any rep if you do old world quests. Some only give 1-5 rep, even though they are new (i.e implimented after the shattering) and give 250 rep with say Orgimmar.
    In theory, but it seems to be bugged somwhat, one of our guild mates did the blackrock 5 man (the classic version) on his own and got the Guild Edition Achievment.
    Did not work for ragefire chasm.

on a complete side-note, do you keep guild mounts if you leave the guild, but bought the mount when you were still in the guild?