Thread: Cobra ss renew

Deleted

Cobra ss renew

I have a question about this ability since i am not 80 yet.
    If i am survival spec with this and i have Imp Serpentstring and when cobra renews SS doet it does 30% of its damage again? ?

Nope. That's one of the first mechanics I checked after I hit 81 and trained Cobra Shot.

Multishot with Serpent Spread triggers Improved Serpent Sting every time you fire it, which is almost overpowered (but it is probably intended, because you are actually applying Serpent Sting each time). Cobra Shot, however, simply increases the Serpent Sting timer by 6 seconds and does no additional "free" damage. It's just increasing the timer, not reapplying the DoT.

If it actually triggered the talent, Cobra Shot (a focus generator) might scale better than Arcane Shot (the focus dump) for SV.
    Last edited by Koumaru; 2010-12-08 at 08:13 PM.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

This is one of the reasons why I am not survival anymore.

Why do I want a 30% of the total damage dealt instant if i'm only ever going to apply the sting once? ( Boss fight ).

Cobra shot reseting the duration is the same as Chimera shot reseting the duration, and getting imp SS as MM wouldn't make sense.. so by the same logic getting imp SS and Survival would prove to be just as useless.

Maybe they should change it to a base damage increase? I don't know, But survival is broken imo, it used to be a pvp spec based around melee, now its all about magic damage.. even though mana was removed.. weres the justification is shooting magic with no mana?

MM and BM are awesome though

imp ss does seem pretty much useless now that bm and surv can get cobra. should be changed around to something else imo.

Imp SS is for MM, not BM/SV. BM/SV are designed to only go 7 points into MM and pick up Sic 'Em! SV then gets 3/3 One with Nature, and BM gets 3/3 Pathfinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    This is one of the reasons why I am not survival anymore.

Why do I want a 30% of the total damage dealt instant if i'm only ever going to apply the sting once? ( Boss fight ).

I think you're missing the second half of the talent? It also increases the critical strike chance of your Serpent Sting ticks by 5% per rank (10% at rank 2), and for a spec with a 200% critical damage multiplier on its DoT ticks (Toxicology talent), and 100% of that damage scaling with mastery, that's not insignificant.

The damage-on-application part is for Multishot with Serpent Spread (in which you'll invest at least 1 talent point) and makes SV beastly on AoE pulls.

Think of the crit bonus as the cake (go go boss dps nao!) and the damage-on-application component as the tasty icing (yay crazy AoE!).

Improved Serpent Sting is far from a bad talent. If you want to complain about bad DPS talents in the Survival tree, maybe you should focus on how only one of the four DPS talents in its second row even increases damage output.
    Last edited by Koumaru; 2010-12-08 at 09:06 PM.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."