Thread: Favre

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Farve is a legend don't get me wrong but hanging on the way he is is a little bit selfish. You need to realize when your time is up and his was a long time ago.
    Deathdealers of Dark Iron
    Banemorth - 80 Warlock Kerovinn - 80 Paladin Capemay - 64 Hunter
    Cogline - 80 Druid Ergos - 80 Rogue Grimsbane - 72 Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Banemorth View Post
    Farve is a legend don't get me wrong but hanging on the way he is is a little bit selfish. You need to realize when your time is up and his was a long time ago.
    Well despite how bad he's been doing this year he broke his old passing record, with that being said there is a small bit of the old Favre we all love inside of him still. Him as well as his fellow team-mates and fans want to see him put up those big numbers like he did last year. He time wasn't up a long time at all... last year was without a doubt one of his BEST seasons ever.

You know he's going to start this weekend.

If Frazier wants to keep his job he'd go with Jackson, but for some reason Childress and him can't see that Jackson gives them their best chance to win with as banged up as he is/has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleins View Post
    Well despite how bad he's been doing this year he broke his old passing record, with that being said there is a small bit of the old Favre we all love inside of him still. Him as well as his fellow team-mates and fans want to see him put up those big numbers like he did last year. He time wasn't up a long time at all... last year was without a doubt one of his BEST seasons ever.
    If you go by numbers, last season was his best one of his career. It's the whole thing he's gone through the past few years that everyone is absolutely tired of.

Quote Originally Posted by Samalas View Post
    If you go by numbers, last season was his best one of his career. It's the whole thing he's gone through the past few years that everyone is absolutely tired of.
    The last few years have definitely been some of the hardest years for him. If he didn't think that he had a chance at going to the Super Bowl since he left Greenbay, without question he would've retired a long time ago. When he has his final press conference at the end of this season I will be teary eyed, because this time I know for a fact my old man isn't coming back. Him and McNabb have more heart than any other quarterback I've seen over the past 2 and of course McNair (R.I.P <3). They take one hell of a beating, it takes a lot of heart/strength and balls to do what they do.

The last few years have definitely been some of the hardest years for him. If he didn't think that he had a chance at going to the Super Bowl since he left Greenbay, without question he would've retired a long time ago. When he has his final press conference at the end of this season I will be teary eyed, because this time I know for a fact my old man isn't coming back. Him and McNabb have more heart than any other quarterback I've seen over the past 2 and of course McNair (R.I.P <3). They take one hell of a beating, it takes a lot of heart/strength and balls to do what they do.
    You know brady has already broken some of his records and at this rate is set to break all the rest right?

He is an attention whore at this point, simple as that. His sexting scandel shows he doesn't want to be around his family so he can continue to sleep around with hanger ons while on the road. As for a 'legend', no. He may be one of the modern day great QBs, but I wouldn't call him a legend. There are many records he doesn't hold, so how you can call him a legend when there are people who are considered better then him I don't know.

Deleted
    I heard he's a lawyer these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    You know brady has already broken some of his records and at this rate is set to break all the rest right?

He is an attention whore at this point, simple as that. His sexting scandel shows he doesn't want to be around his family so he can continue to sleep around with hanger ons while on the road. As for a 'legend', no. He may be one of the modern day great QBs, but I wouldn't call him a legend. There are many records he doesn't hold, so how you can call him a legend when there are people who are considered better then him I don't know.
    You're a troll... Favre holds the most records in NFL history as a quarterback next to Dan Fucking Marino. Learn you facts then come talk to the big boys. Hell they even has his Jersey in the Pro Football Hall of Fame already for god sakes man. Also if Brett Favre isn't a legend then why would this guys say otherwise? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWrcYxfwOVc. Maybe you know a few of these guys.

You're a troll... Favre holds the most records in NFL history as a quarterback next to Dan Fucking Marino. Learn you facts then come talk to the big boys. Hell they even has his Jersey in the Pro Football Hall of Fame already for god sakes man. Also if Brett Favre isn't a legend then why would this guys say otherwise? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWrcYxfwOVc. Maybe you know a few of these guys.
    Just because you are a favre fanboy doesn't make me a troll. As I already said though there is still someone who is considered better. I never denied he was a great QB, he isn't great anymore, but he isn't a legend if he isn't by far the best of all time. I wonder though are you a meat head high school joke? You certainly sound it calling yourself part of the "big boys." I mean really?

Also why would I care what people from other sports think about favre? For the record only one of them actually called him a legend, and secondly that isn't really relevant considering they aren't football players. Anyone can call anyone else a legend, that doesn't make it true. Kanye west calls himself a legend all the time, and some people agree with him, that doesn't make it true. However all of that is irrelevant to the fact that favre is an attention whore here and now. It doesn't matter what he has achieved in his career because the here and now is him seeking attention so he can continue to cheat on his wife.

In 2020 Favre will win MVP again.
    To be married on January 21st, 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    Just because you are a favre fanboy doesn't make me a troll. As I already said though there is still someone who is considered better. I never denied he was a great QB, he isn't great anymore, but he isn't a legend if he isn't by far the best of all time. I wonder though are you a meat head high school joke? You certainly sound it calling yourself part of the "big boys." I mean really?

Also why would I care what people from other sports think about favre? For the record only one of them actually called him a legend, and secondly that isn't really relevant considering they aren't football players. Anyone can call anyone else a legend, that doesn't make it true. Kanye west calls himself a legend all the time, and some people agree with him, that doesn't make it true. However all of that is irrelevant to the fact that favre is an attention whore here and now. It doesn't matter what he has achieved in his career because the here and now is him seeking attention so he can continue to cheat on his wife.
    Big boys = people who know what they're talking about. I don't like people who just shit out their opinions onto a plate and trying to serve it to me. Also not playing the same sport means that you can't appreciate what someone has done? You don't need to play the sport to admire what someone else accomplished in a sport. Being a legend in a sport does not mean you have to be literally the best at the sport. Every sport would have one person to be remembered, and only one? Really... Kanye West says a lot of things, he proclaims to be a god too so anything he says is meaningless. Also the scandal was 2 years ago so whats done is done. If Favre didn't have a terrible last season none of this would be even said. Shame, shame, shame.

Quote Originally Posted by stuperdude View Post
    The guy's running on borrowed time. His race to 300 is pretty pathetic at this point. Personally, I hope it ends this weekend. Then again I am from New England, and still a little bitter about 1994 Pats v. GB superbowl...

It was actually 97.

Also, i'm a huge Packer fan, I hope that he is done.

Go home with your dog and wranglers, sit in the bayou, and don't text anyone. YOU ARE AN OLD MAN Favre.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadul View Post
    It was actually 97.

Also, i'm a huge Packer fan, I hope that he is done.

Go home with your dog and wranglers, sit in the bayou, and don't text anyone. YOU ARE AN OLD MAN Favre.
    I'll miss his hissyfits with Childress :[ that was all you'll find on his highlight reel this year.