10+ Year Old Account

So how are your classes doing on the solo grind?

Just curious how you guys are fairing on your grind to 85.

Post your class, spec, and level and how your grind is going. Do you feel like you're killing slower/faster than others? Taking more damage? Don't have enough self heals? How's your downtime? Etc.

My Demo Lock is currently 83, I found the higher I level, the harder the mobs became to kill because the mobs themselves get a hefty boost to hp/damage while all my stats (crit/haste/hit/mastery) goes down as my level goes up. It's still relatively easy though, I just let my Felguard do the tanking, down time is pretty much non-existent. I have no mana problems while soloing, don't even have to Lifetap (although I might start soon, spells getting expensive).

Have an 81 Arms Warrior too, again, down time non-existent because of my 20% VR heal. Don't kill as fast as Lock though, ranged is still better than melee. It's still easy kills with no down time, so it's pretty good.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Level 84 (50% in and had to stop because I have work in the AM) Rogue. I think I am killing things fast enough and my down time is non existant due to recouperate and one of my talents (leveling only talent) allows it to refresh when a mob dies. I can take two mobs no problem, three with cooldowns. Mobs hit hard now... and have a ton of HP.

Crit chicken, lvl 83. 80-81, and 81-82 was easy. 82-83 was alright. 83-84 is beginning to become a pain. With CDs CAN take 3-4 mobs in a single pull, but unfortunately go oom fairly quickly (25 moonfires, 45 wraths ~) which is exacerbated due to typhoon being such a nice option when direct nuking instead of rooting or taking dmg.

Side note: Yay for LB being a good spell again, at least for balance lvling.

I'm actually using other abilities etc when playing, its quite interesting since its more tactical because of the fear of ganking. So usually I keel CoS and vanish available at all cost. Having fun with my rogue though.

Deleted
    Ret paladin. I've soloed every quest so far, unless someone random invited me to get credit for the kill aswell.

Mage fire and frost, I like lvling as fire as I can pretty much auto-run my way thru killquests, but the crit lowering every lvl is hurting, killing a bit slower every lvl, still fun and I'm pretty sure better gear will make a good difference.
    As frost, it's pretty easy, cant icelance nonstop, mobs just have too much health, but FoF proc and all the possibilities to freeze stuff and then icelance crit makes it kill mobs 1by1 faster and safer than fire but cant move as much while killing.

Overall, I just spec what I feel like playing lol, doesn't make a big enough difference yet to force me to stick to 1 spec.

Shadow priest. Level 82. Mobs don't get through my shield before I kill them. Hopefully it gets harder! Also, zero downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Spwn View Post
    Shadow priest. Level 82. Mobs don't get through my shield before I kill them. Hopefully it gets harder! Also, zero downtime.
    My guild's warrior hit 84. He says it doesn't get any harder. Thats fine though. Mobs arent difficult. Never have been, never WILL be. They are the Goombas of WoW. A quick stomp on the head and you're good. Harder monsters does not equal a more fun questing experience. No matter how you boil it down you will always be pressing the same buttons in a specific order, even if they had higher health and survivability.

------------------

For me?I kill most mobs before they reach me on my Frost Mage which is hows its always been.

Although on my Goblin there are some REALLY tough non elite NPCs that hit hard and have a lot of health that required me to heal several times to defeat. (Imma Shaman btw.) I just don't know how a rogue or warrior or something made it through those fights....
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2010-12-08 at 09:26 PM.

Ele shaman, no downtime except of instantly respawning mobs, if I get 2 mobs pounding at me all the time I sometimes have to drink after I kill them and get away, I feel like I'm killing faster than others around me. But it depends on player's skill, not spec, all specs have roughly the same dps and hardly any downtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Balance druid running around moonfire spamming everything to death. I've died during quests about 3 times and a handful of times due to PvP. Currently sitting at 40% left to hit 85. Stopped because I just needed a break. Already have herbing to 525, alchemy is 475, FA is 475. Haven't done anything else.

Almost 0 downtime but I do need to stop and heal when I accidently kite mobs into more mobs. Camped out in Twilight Highlands right now waiting till I'm off work in about an hour to wrap up 85. Mobs there are sitting between 70 and 120k and take about 10 seconds for me to kill.

FYI Herbing is stupid easy since herbs are everywhere. (Hoping this is just for leveling and they lower the spawn rate later).

I also managed to grab a full feral set while leveling. Currently I'm sitting at 82.2k HP and I'm curious how much I'd have in feral while in bear form.

Edit: I've only ran about 5 dungeons with the guild. Seems that the XP you get out of these isn't worth it after 83. You need 9 million XP from 84 to 85, 5.5 million from 83 - 84

im loving my arms warrior, i started tuesday after 4 and i was 81 within an hour of getting to hyjal, victory rush (glyphed + talented) i have no downtime.

DKs no longer get passive healing from Blood (now Frost/Unholy) presence, so health can be an issue if you grind mobs fast enough in a row for long enough.

I eventually had to start buying food for when I did 20 or so mobs in a row, to bring me back to full hp.

That aside, Frost is decent since you don't have to wait for disease/pet ramp up time, and burst dps is best when the mob dies in 5-10 seconds :P

Holypaladin. Spamming exorcism = never any downtime. can pull 3-4mobs at the same time, doesn't go any faster but i wont die. The damage is just ok. using inqusition i do 6-7k noncrit exorcism. 1.3sec cast time so mobs go down pretty fast. Could go faster as retri but im going holy endgame/85 also holy as pvp so have no use for it. Currently at lvl 84 (30% in) my main issue is that im at 58k mana buffed with kings and mage buff and a single large heal heals for 20-25k noncrit and costs 5k mana, does the healing number go up alot once we hit 85 or are we still being raped. 5healing per mana seems really terrible..

Deleted
    Destruction warlock. Mobs implodes literally, while i push life tap one time or two every 3-4 mobs and heal by soulharvest. Meanwhile my imp shoots the next mob

So guys, I wanna hear about my enhance shamans. I'm leveling one now, didnt get to play much before cata so wasnt 80 at release and only 76 now still trying to get there, dont play much so dont lvl much but i wanna know if im gunna hate myself for putting time into him and not be able to have fun in cata, someone has to know, at least watched one kill something, are they decent? As of now in Wrath quests i solo anything up to 4 person grp quests, 5 mans i cant will i be able to do things just as easy in cata? I dont like downtime but i love the class. Help!

85 Balance druid. Just sat in solar eclipse and mass kited mobs with insect swarm and moonfire spam which costs only 1% of the normal mana cost. Use treants and starfall to speed up kills on cooldown, throw up a few lifeblooms and rejuv to keep hp up. In twilight highlands mob hp is nearing 100k so switching to single target nuking increases speed. Got me server first druid with no dungeon farming or prior planning.
    Last edited by Zanarhi; 2010-12-08 at 09:53 PM.