Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else feel that BELFs *wish* they were Alliance?

In terms of lore, that is.

I get a sense that those guys really REALLY don't fit in that faction.

Let's take a look at the races that comprise the Horde.

Unwashed brutish Orcs who are warmongers and love spikey death decor of their towns/cities.
    Savage forest Trolls who perform ritualistic ceremonies of voodoo.
    Primitive Taurens who prefer living out in the wild plains and tree hugging.
    Decaying and plague-loving Undeads who love torture and making things dead and then undead.
    Gangster Goblins who will sell and then explode their own mothers for some quick cash.

and...

Clean shaven, limp-wristed, fancy boys who care more about the current hair fashion than picking up a sword. They have graceful, elvish style buildings that look very fragile and impractical for war/battle.

They stand out like a soar thumb amongst the dirty, rugged, warmongering atmosphere that the other races give off.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2010-12-08 at 09:14 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Um, they were in the Alliance, but they switched to the Horde for a variety of reasons, about 5 years ago (10 years ago, I guess, now that we're in Cata).

Other than looks, take the whole Blood elf lore into consideration. They do not fit alliance but slot into horde very nicely.

Yeah dont blood elves do magical cocaine or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nobu View Post
    Other than looks, take the whole Blood elf lore into consideration. They do not fit alliance but slot into horde very nicely.
    They'd fit in with the Draeneis, NELFs and Humans nicely. Those are more 'advanced' races who can better appreciate art and sophistication.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Ummm...

Everything you said made me reroll from Horde to Alliance 3 years ago...

Everyone knows the lore beyond Belves was created in order to defend the idea itself because Blizz needed this kind of race for Horde... During Vanilla, Blizzard made some surveys in China, Japan and other manga countries which showed them that players wanted to have elves in the game... On the other hand there were huge issues with number imbalance between Horde and Alliance population... Thus, they decided to give Horde a slim looking race (which Horde had not) while Alliance was supposed to get a masculine race (which Alliance had not).

Everyone knows how it turned out...

Alliance fires High Elves and few years later makes pact with Worgen? Gimme a break... No logic. This Lorelol is made for higher profits.

Between Sylvanas being part of the Horde and the relationship between Kael and Garithos, I think it makes plenty sense.
    To be married on January 21st, 2011.

Deleted
    if undead arnt slim... i dont know what is

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    They'd fit in with the Draeneis, NELFs and Humans nicely. Those are more 'advanced' races who can better appreciate art and sophistication.
    I'm talking about history and lore, not whether or not they have table manners. Other horde races do have art and sophistication.

Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    Ummm...

Everything you said made me reroll from Horde to Alliance 3 years ago...

Everyone knows the lore beyond Belves was created in order to defend the idea itself because Blizz needed this kind of race for Horde... During Vanilla, Blizzard made some surveys in China, Japan and other manga countries which showed them that players wanted to have elves in the game... On the other hand there were huge issues with number imbalance between Horde and Alliance population... Thus, they decided to give Horde a slim looking race (which Horde had not) while Alliance was supposed to get a masculine race (which Alliance had not).

Everyone knows how it turned out...

Alliance fires High Elves and few years later makes pact with Worgen? Gimme a break... No logic. This Lorelol is made for higher profits.
    Yeah, some of it is (Worgen IMO are really a stretrch) but the Blood Elf stuff worked surprisingly well. They at least had lots of problems with the Alliance beforehand (they sure didn't like each other in TFT) unlike the goblins, where you help the Horde in like two quests and then you randomly end up joining them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, hey hey - I recent some of these statements. The Darkspear is NOT FOREST TROLLS. They are Jungle trolls and anyone with minimum knowledge would know this just by looking at appearence.

Secondly what proof do you have of them being unwashed... (its called a tribal look for that matter).

Yes, the Blood elvs consider themselves to be high class, a noble race.

However that is just superficial. Underneath the pretentious facade is a thirst and hunger for more power.

Blood Elves desire more magic power above all else in order to strengthen themselves, their kingdoms, and satiate their addiction. The Alliance would not support those goals, while the Horde is willing to look the other way in order to gain more allies against their many foes. Look at the strong alliance the Blood Elves and the Forsaken have made with each other. The Forsaken are satisfied with the Blood Elves holding northern tip of East Kingdom, while the Blood Elves are satisfied having a strong ally protecting their lands.

Them joining the Horde is an alliance of convenience, true, but one that the Alliance couldn't offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Hey, hey hey - I recent some of these statements. The Darkspear is NOT FOREST TROLLS. They are Jungle trolls and anyone with minimum knowledge would know this just by looking at appearence.

Secondly what proof do you have of them being unwashed... (its called a tribal look for that matter).
    This is true, and I hardly call "Art and Sophistication" the line between alliance and horde.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnyhat View Post

Them joining the Horde is an alliance of convenience, true, but one that the Alliance couldn't offer.
    Its not of convenience - its simply something they need to be able to survive as it stands. Alliance basicly said F you to them by not helping them when they needed it the most in the past - that and certain specific humans didn´t help the matter. So joining the alliance was out of the question from either side.

Sylvanas spoke their cause since she used to be part of them and - at least before cata - seemed to feel some connection to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love how everyone always judges belves on their appearance and facade its funny cause lore wise they are great for the horde and i get jumped on my ally alot more by belves than any other race they are pretentious and thirst for power so what if they look like a rose in a field of thorns

Sig by Cocoacross ~

In terms of lore, that is.

I get a sense that those guys really REALLY don't fit in that faction.

Let's take a look at the races that comprise the Horde.

Unwashed brutish Orcs who are warmongers and love spikey death decor of their towns/cities.
    Savage forest Trolls who perform ritualistic ceremonies of voodoo.
    Primitive Taurens who prefer living out in the wild plains and tree hugging.
    Decaying and plague-loving Undeads who love torture and making things dead and then undead.
    Gangster Goblins who will sell and then explode their own mothers for some quick cash.

and...

Clean shaven, limp-wristed, fancy boys who care more about the current hair fashion than picking up a sword. They have graceful, elvish style buildings that look very fragile and impractical for war/battle.

They stand out like a soar thumb amongst the dirty, rugged, warmongering atmosphere that the other races give off.
    You don't really justify at all why the BE's dont fit with the horde, just because they have nice architecture?.. They are evil, plain and simple. They WANT to be part of the horde. They do NOT respect the alliance.

nonono keep the bloody elves away from alliance we already have one elf to many

Quote Originally Posted by Awakar View Post
    Yeah, some of it is (Worgen IMO are really a stretrch) but the Blood Elf stuff worked surprisingly well. They at least had lots of problems with the Alliance beforehand (they sure didn't like each other in TFT) unlike the goblins, where you help the Horde in like two quests and then you randomly end up joining them.

I think the Alliance let the Worgen in only because of the changing situation with the Forsaken.

The Forsaken now have a working plague, finished their business with the Lich King, and is now on a full blown warpath.
    They have strengthened their holdings and then lay waste to Southshore and now have the ability to population their species.

I don't think the Alliance is scared of the Forsaken defeating them, but I do think their concern was great enough to allow the Worgens in at the front line in order to fight the Forsaken. If they had denied the Worgens, the Forsaken would have defeated them in short order instead of stalling at their border like they have now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gwarsh41 View Post
    Yeah dont blood elves do magical cocaine or something?
    I am very sure they do!

Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    More like Alliance attempts to commit genocide against the High Elves...

That's why they left the Alliance.

Although I do agree that Worgen joining the Alliance is pretty big lorelol. They're not much different from the Forsaken, yet they are welcomed with open arms while the Forsaken have to deal with the idiotic attempts by the Alliance to "reclaim" Lordaeron--from it's former and current residents...