Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    they do consider them brutes but during the events of warcraft 3 they no longer fit in and the high elves have toldd the alliance what demon corrupted fiends they are so the blood elfs are allied with the horde the same way the forsaken are, by neccessity
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    In terms of lore, that is.

I get a sense that those guys really REALLY don't fit in that faction.

Let's take a look at the races that comprise the Horde.

Unwashed brutish Orcs who are warmongers and love spikey death decor of their towns/cities.
    Savage forest Trolls who perform ritualistic ceremonies of voodoo.
    Primitive Taurens who prefer living out in the wild plains and tree hugging.
    Decaying and plague-loving Undeads who love torture and making things dead and then undead.
    Gangster Goblins who will sell and then explode their own mothers for some quick cash.

and...

Clean shaven, limp-wristed, fancy boys who care more about the current hair fashion than picking up a sword. They have graceful, elvish style buildings that look very fragile and impractical for war/battle.

They stand out like a soar thumb amongst the dirty, rugged, warmongering atmosphere that the other races give off.

leme guess you play alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Koobs View Post
    Most undead that are with the forsaken were high elves before they died NOT HUMAN.
    Wrong. The majority of the Forsaken are former citizens of the HUMAN nation of Lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Ingame, Blood Elves are terrible, but in the lore, their membership in the Horde is obvious and fitting. But the messed up models... uh no comment.
    Best looking female models / animations in game, combined with some of the worst voice overs in game.

If you want to discuss poorly modeled races, the argument starts at humans, and ends at gnomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they "want" to be in the alliance, although theres definitely elves amongst them that want to revert to the alliance, for sure. You can find two elves preaching in silvermoon that abandoning the alliance for the horde is a mistake.

The majority of the elves at first were questionable about their geniune want to be with the horde, but after ~10 years of fighting along side them, they're pretty soild in their loyalty.

Interestingly, dispite Garithos in WC, Kael'thas and the blood elves were very friendly with the night elves (spesifically Tyrande and Maiev) so its interesting that Garithos and the underhelping from the humans during the sacking of Quel'thalas was enough to break them away from the alliance for good, considering the night elves banded together with the humans dispite the humans directly attacking them before and even after hyjal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultion View Post
    If you did the worgen starting zone you would know undead are evil. The forsaken had no viable reason to attack the people there...
    I played through silverpine forest as an Undead. I agree with you, it's that idea of "THIS LAND BELONGS TO US" - It's wrong to attempt to kick out a civilization on the grounds of "When we were humans, we were chillaxing around these areas- now get out". Remember at this point the Worgens were not part of the alliance, they only joined because of the forsaken ATTACKING to get land.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    Aprt from the same, old,bderogatory terms some still uses to describe Blood Elves (get a grip, really: you play a dumb-looking green-skinned hunchback in an online videogame, this doesn't make you any cooler, sorry..) I do think that overall, as a race concept, they fit better in the Alliance.
    That's probably exactly the reason why Blizzard have them to the Horde: to push tons of players from the blue go the red side, thus solving most faction unbalance. And they succeded. Thus, I am afraid there's not much to do at this point.
    In the end it all comes down to the fact that tons of people actually do like Blood Elves and are willing to play them on any faction they are in. You may like it or not, but that's how it is.

About the lore related explanations, I have not much to say. I care about the Lore, but we all know that if Blizzard wanted they could have open TBC with the Humans asking for forgiveness and help from the Blood Elves, and now we would be here saying that they couldn't be anywhere else than in the Alliance, so..
    Yeah I'm sure if you say sorry enough genocide is more than forgivable... and to the poster before this, when they became Blood Elfs they were not with the alliance, it was shortly after they had left, but before they joined illidan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they just looked a more creepy and less pretty-boy. Like if their skin was almost grey and they looked more like the forsaken, always hungering... looking drained.
    Morals were studied and taught in Europe for hundreds of years. Moral classes aren't required anymore. Proof that this was a bad decision is all over the WoW forums.
    A noob is a person who has difficulty when it comes to learning and with people. A noob either isn't willing to learn or isn't willing to give others a chance to learn. Think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clean shaven, limp-wristed, fancy boys who care more about the current hair fashion than picking up a sword. They have graceful, elvish style buildings that look very fragile and impractical for war/battle.
    Thats... you don't read quest text at all do you.
    Theres quite a few quests where maniacal blood elves have you run around slaughting things in the name of vengenace.
    They're pretty psychotic, I'm fairly certain they like to kill stuff more than hair, albiet not by much.

I said this before, make them look like drug addicts. Give them cuts and bruises and crazy eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nobu View Post
    I played through silverpine forest as an Undead. I agree with you, it's that idea of "THIS LAND BELONGS TO US" - It's wrong to attempt to kick out a civilization on the grounds of "When we were humans, we were chillaxing around these areas- now get out". Remember at this point the Worgens were not part of the alliance, they only joined because of the forsaken ATTACKING to get land.
    They're not only attacking due to their manifest-destiny mindset, they're also attacking because Garrosh told them to.
    He wants Gilneas as a shipping port for the Horde, in order to have more ways to funnel resources to the depleted Orgimmar.

I can go get the text if want it, but.

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Its not of convenience - its simply something they need to be able to survive as it stands. Alliance basicly said F you to them by not helping them when they needed it the most in the past - that and certain specific humans didn´t help the matter. So joining the alliance was out of the question from either side.

Sylvanas spoke their cause since she used to be part of them and - at least before cata - seemed to feel some connection to them.
    Don't forget that the reason the Alliance didn't help them out when they "needed it most" was because the Blood Elves (simply High Elves at that point...) of Quel'Thalas abandoned the Alliance, except a token and 100% volunteer force, during the Alliance's most desperate hours of the Scourge War... At a time when the Alterac Kingdom was found to be turned and largely criminal, when Genn Greymane turned his back on them and walled themselves off, Lordaeron was in the midst of falling, and the Arathor were all but gone... The High Elves of Quel'Thalas withdrew most of their forces from the combined army, except Kael's all-volunteer force.

They made their bed...

Their joining of the Horde was for a mutual protection pact only... There's nothing culturally or spiritually they have in common with the Horde races...and is largely because of Sylvanas' Forsaken, which is also a mutual protection pact only membership.

Without the Horde and Blood Elves, Forsaken would be destroyed. Without the Horde and Forsaken, Blood Elves would be destroyed (well...this is a bit of a stretch...Blood Elves, now, could keep to themselves in Quel'Thalas fairly secure, with the Plaguelands coming under control of the Argent Crusade). Without the Forsaken (and Blood Elves, at this point), the Horde would fall to the Alliance.

Without each component part of the Horde, for whatever reason, the Horde would succumb to being vastly outnumbered and overpowered by the combined forces of the Alliance.

But then, this is all my humble opinion only...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nobu View Post
    I said this before, make them look like drug addicts. Give them cuts and bruises and crazy eyes.
    Their eyes are pretty crazy to be honest. Glowing green with left over fel energy is creepy.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were. But the humans leading the Alliance were racist, distrustful and religious zealots who ran off the B-elves for trying to get help from the Naga, because nobody else really would and the Naga were sorta distant relatives.

Same goes for the Forsaken, who wanted to join the Alliance, but were run off, again...because humans were stupid, distrustful, religious zealots.

There are/were Blood Elf Ambassadors in Stormwind, I forget if they're still there, because at the end of the day, the Blood Elves don't want to be on anyone's side, and would rather not have to join the Horde in a war against the two major powers of the Alliance(Dwarves and Humans) who are both located in Eastern Kingdoms, and limited only by the Forsaken, who pretty much everyone doesn't trust in the slightest.

The short story is: Humans are stupid, scared, distrustful, racist, religious zealots who wouldn't know a good thing if it hit them in a face. Orcs on the other hand, regardless of if they like you, hate you, or trust you, will accept any and all allies because more allies means winning the war. They can crush the allies they like the least later.

In terms of lore, that is.

I get a sense that those guys really REALLY don't fit in that faction.

Let's take a look at the races that comprise the Horde.

Unwashed brutish Orcs who are warmongers and love spikey death decor of their towns/cities.
    Savage forest Trolls who perform ritualistic ceremonies of voodoo.
    Primitive Taurens who prefer living out in the wild plains and tree hugging.
    Decaying and plague-loving Undeads who love torture and making things dead and then undead.
    Gangster Goblins who will sell and then explode their own mothers for some quick cash.

and...

They stand out like a soar thumb amongst the dirty, rugged, warmongering atmosphere that the other races give off.
    The Horde =/= barbaric brutes

The horde = out casted races uniting under one banner

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Wrong. The majority of the Forsaken are former citizens of the HUMAN nation of Lordaeron.
    Read up on your lore, most of the humans who died at Lordaeron became undead minions of the scourge not the forsaken. The ones who occupy Lorderon now came with Silvanis from the dead scar.

We will gladly trade you Blood Elves for Dwarves.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of LORE (your words) Blood Elves have every reason to hate the Alliance, and certainly very little in common the motives of any of their races (and arguably with the Horde races either).

In reference to your generalization of the Tauren, they share a lot of their affinity for "tree hugging" with the Night Elves, so couldn't you argue that Tauren "wish they were Alliance" as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gwarsh41 View Post
    Yeah dont blood elves do magical cocaine or something?
    Thanks, i needed that.

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deplay View Post
    Wrong.

The Blood Elf lore was created long time before WoW. Back in WC:TFT You play the High Elfs (Lead by Kael'thas) But he is betrayed by a human comander and they end up leaving the alliance. Later they join Illidan -- that's where the Blood elfs start
    While Garithos was a xenophobic ass...

It must be remembered that he gave Kael'thas an order that Kael'thas was convinced he could fulfill...but allowed himself to have his mind changed by Lady Vashj (I believe it was her) and her Naga that they couldn't do it without her help.

He was warned, and again, when he was sure he could fulfill, though with difficulty, his assigned tasks, he allowed himself to be swayed by Vashj's words and accepted her help.

Twice, he failed Garithos... Once under direct orders.

Read the WC3 texts and listen to their conversations...he even tells Vashj that he and his men can handle the task and she convinces him he can't without her help...