Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    You gotta keep in mind that Blood Elves themselves left the alliance because they were getting treated like crap and then they renamed themselves the Blood elves, while high elves still stay loyal to the Alliance.
    Also, the alliance changed quite a bit, with now Varian in control and more then just humans and high elves, the other races tend to recruit other races like the Gilnean Worgen.
    The reason why worgen join the Alliance makes perfect sense, you either have to be ignorant or stupid to not accept that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    Ummm...

Everything you said made me reroll from Horde to Alliance 3 years ago...

Everyone knows the lore beyond Belves was created in order to defend the idea itself because Blizz needed this kind of race for Horde... During Vanilla, Blizzard made some surveys in China, Japan and other manga countries which showed them that players wanted to have elves in the game... On the other hand there were huge issues with number imbalance between Horde and Alliance population... Thus, they decided to give Horde a slim looking race (which Horde had not) while Alliance was supposed to get a masculine race (which Alliance had not).

Everyone knows how it turned out...

Alliance fires High Elves and few years later makes pact with Worgen? Gimme a break... No logic. This Lorelol is made for higher profits.
    Yes because every time someone rolls a Blood Elf, Blizz makes an extra $15.

Have you ever read Lore/Played Warcraft 3 and WC3: The Frozen Throne? It showed the Blood Elves practically at the brink of being executed by the Alliance military. They were treated lowly during the waning of the 3rd War, as second class citizens. Kael'thas and other blood elves were taken to prison after they accepted help from the Naga (because Lord Garithos was a douchebag and forced Kael to do a bunch of stupid things), so Lady Vashj had to bust them out. After that, Kael hated the Alliance. After his people have served the Alliance with unwavering support they turned their back on them.

---------- Post added 2010-12-08 at 11:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    You gotta keep in mind that Blood Elves themselves left the alliance because they were getting treated like crap and then they renamed themselves the Blood elves, while high elves still stay loyal to the Alliance.
    Also, the alliance changed quite a bit, with now Varian in control and more then just humans and high elves, the other races tend to recruit other races like the Gilnean Worgen.
    The reason why worgen join the Alliance makes perfect sense, you either have to be ignorant or stupid to not accept that.
    Exactly! Gilneas is a human kingdom.
    Worgen were human. Night Elves made the Worgen Curse, to make remands for their past deeds they asked Genn and his Worgen followers to join the Alliance.
    I don't understand why that is so hard to follow.

If you don't like it, stop playing the game.

---------- Post added 2010-12-08 at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syrra Coventry View Post
    While Garithos was a xenophobic ass...

It must be remembered that he gave Kael'thas an order that Kael'thas was convinced he could fulfill...but allowed himself to have his mind changed by Lady Vashj (I believe it was her) and her Naga that they couldn't do it without her help.

He was warned, and again, when he was sure he could fulfill, though with difficulty, his assigned tasks, he allowed himself to be swayed by Vashj's words and accepted her help.

Twice, he failed Garithos... Once under direct orders.

Read the WC3 texts and listen to their conversations...he even tells Vashj that he and his men can handle the task and she convinces him he can't without her help...
    lol, Garithos spoke to Kael'thas with a tone of loathing and disdain. Kael'thas probably got sick of being treated like low class citizens after his people suffered so much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lorewise BE doesn't quite fit the horde, They just made it up, like what they did to worgens. Highelves, ancestors of BEs were allies with humans, even tought them magic and fought along side each other. But this enemy of my enemy is my friend concept that Blizz is using on every expansion with new races doesn't make sense. Draenei dropped of the sky and joined allies. Worgen ran from Sylvanas and joined Allies. Really not working for me.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Tbh Night elves could easily been a horde race if they searched the more savage part of them. And if they applied the "Oh arthas wasnt the alliance" idea to the blood elves then we could've easily had an alliance race
    To be quite honest there probably should have been three factions, or even four. Its strange having the Night Elves lumped in with the humans after playing WCIII and repeatedly butchering them as the Alliance and vise versa as the Night Elves.

Probably could have gone:

Horde: Orc, Troll, Tauren

Sentinels: Night Elves, Furbolg?, Blood Elves (they were night elves... once...sort of...)

Alliance: Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes

And then introduce the missing races in subsequent expansions. Forsaken would probably end up back with the Horde, Draenei with the Sentinels, and Worgen with the Alliance.
    I think that even balances classes... Tauren paladins and druids, Alliance has druids from the Worgen and Dwarven shaman, Sentinels have Draenei shaman and paladins... Yep, everything seems there.

You could also have probably released all three expansions at once that way, but as one collective expansion.

---------- Post added 2010-12-08 at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Which is why they still have a hatred for Orcs? I mean, humans are kind of distrustful people. Lordaeron fell because Arthas' father did not heed Medivh's warning. He just shooed him out of his presence.
    He got what was coming to him. I wonder if the whole lich king ordeal could have been avoided if Terenas listened to Medivh. Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    He got what was coming to him. I wonder if the whole lich king ordeal could have been avoided if Terenas listened to Medivh. Imagine that.
    Probably would not have happened, but why do you think Terenas should have listened to Medivh? Your thinking as someone who is looking from the outside in and knows what would have happened. Try putting yourself in Terenas's shoes at the moment. Imagine what the President would do if some random dude came in and says, "you must lead America over sea because the world will end if you don't."

Think the President is going to listen? Hardly.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    You can't agree with people that are wrong, that would make you wrong.
    Really?lol
    1. The beginning of what you quoted was a joke. Explain again how this is wrong when it's not even meant to be taken seriously.
    2. The person I quoted when I said "and this" weaved a funny conspiracy theory about, you know, Blizz doing this for the profit. While there may or may not be enough evidence to support it, I found it...you know....win.
    The fact is you have no evidence to support your claim that Battlemaster Skarab was wrong, do you? He very well could be right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willjones410 View Post
    Probably would not have happened, but why do you think Terenas should have listened to Medivh? Your thinking as someone who is looking from the outside in and knows what would have happened. Try putting yourself in Terenas's shoes at the moment. Imagine what the President would do if some random dude came in and says, "you must lead America over sea because the world will end if you don't."

Think the President is going to listen? Hardly.
    Firstly, we don't live in a fantasy world and its completely reasonable for the president to deny the requests of "some random dude."

Secondly, Medivh wasn't "some random dude" he was the last human gaurdian of Tirisfal, bar his son Medan who pretty much nobody is aware of at the moment.

Thirdly, Thrall heeded his advise, and Medivh as a human wasn't anyone an Orc should trust.

Lastly, yes I am looking at it from someone on the outside. He got what he deserved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Unwashed brutish Orcs who are warmongers and love spikey death decor of their towns/cities.
    Savage forest Trolls who perform ritualistic ceremonies of voodoo.
    Primitive Taurens who prefer living out in the wild plains and tree hugging.
    Decaying and plague-loving Undeads who love torture and making things dead and then undead.
    Gangster Goblins who will sell and then explode their own mothers for some quick cash.

and...

Clean shaven, limp-wristed, fancy boys who care more about the current hair fashion than picking up a sword. They have graceful, elvish style buildings that look very fragile and impractical for war/battle.
    if that is all you get out of the horde races then plx be/reroll alliance and quit @ lore > concentrate on raiding only and plx use videoguides for the bosses because reading does not seem to be anything you do that often... or care for...

also i like your sig... it describes your post very well

ps: sry this if post was a little to much but i wanted to say it the rude way this one time

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, the High Elves left the Alliance long before the third war. The High Elves we see in WC3 are said to come from Dalaran. The Blood Elves in The Frozen Throne xpac are a faction of Quel'thalas remnants and they joined Garithos Army. When the Blood Elves returned to Quel'thalas, the Alliance refused to take them back in because of their addiction to fel magic, their playing with demons. So they turned to the Horde. I think that's in part what we see in the first levels in Eversong Woods (with the dwarf ambassador who was investigating that), but I'm not sure of that one.

One thing to remember : the Sunwell has been reignited at the end of TBC. The source of the Blood Elves magical power is back, and it is now radiating holy energy as well as arcane energy. So they do not need fel energy as badly. It should change a lot of things in time.

I have always considered the Horde to be composed of a strong core and satellites. The core is formed by the Orcs, the Trolls and the Tauren. All three share common goals, have pretty similar civilisations, and are staunchly loyal to the Warchief. The satellites are the Forsaken, the Blood Elves and the Goblins. They are culturally different than the core races, and are in the Horde only for conveniance. A Forsaken would rather shout "All hail Sylvanas!" than "Thrall hal!", and a Blood Elf would shout "For Quel'thalas!" rather than "For the Horde!"

The Blood Elves would prefer to live by themselves in almost autharcy rather than allying with anybody. Their civilisation is closer to the Alliance, but for historical reason, they joined the Horde. Now that the cause for their rejection by the Alliance is gone (or slowly going away), they could return to the Alliance. If they were in peace. The war prevents any warming of the relations between the BE and the Alliance. Plus, their geographical location would put them in danger if they switched sides or even simply left the Horde. The Forsaken would attack them. The Alliance is too far away to be of any help. So, for now, their profit is to remain with the Horde and pinch their nose to prevent them from smelling those brutish orcs and rotting undead.

---------- Post added 2010-12-09 at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Firstly, we don't live in a fantasy world and its completely reasonable for the president to deny the requests of "some random dude."

Secondly, Medivh wasn't "some random dude" he was the last human gaurdian of Tirisfal, bar his son Medan who pretty much nobody is aware of at the moment.

Thirdly, Thrall heeded his advise, and Medivh as a human wasn't anyone an Orc should trust.

Lastly, yes I am looking at it from someone on the outside. He got what he deserved.
    But Medivh was "some random dude" for Terenas. He has been dead for 20 years afterall. Plus I don't think Terenas has ever seen Medivh when he was alive. So why could he have assumed that this doomsayer was Medivh?

As for Thrall, it was not hard for him to heed Medivh's advice since nothing was holding him to Lordaeron. Which is quite the opposite with Terenas, Arthas and Antonidas.

you ever see a good looking girl who had a rather...shall we say "plain" awkward friend who strangely seems to amplify how good the other girl looks ?

that's BElfs and the rest of the Horde that is.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2010-12-09 at 01:37 AM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently reside in Japan, lived most of my life in Georgia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    They are evil, plain and simple. They WANT to be part of the horde. They do NOT respect the alliance.
    again with ignorant people lazily throwing the word "evil" around. The Horde is not evil. When the orcs first arrived on Azeroth, corrupted by the burning legion, that horde I would call evil. The new Horde is anything but. They are simply doing what they need to survive. If the alliance wages war on the Horde its righteous, but if the Horde retaliates or wages war themselves it is evil? Terrible logic is terrible. Also, don't forget that many of the terrible events that have happened on Azeroth are due to Alliance races (I'm looking at you Ereda...cough cough Draenei and Humans -.-). But i also know not to call the entire faction evil based on the actions of a few people.

I mean, horde aren't evil...Undead are probably leaning towards it a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, just, no.

I get enough with just Night Elves i don't need more Elves. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    In terms of lore, that is.

I get a sense that those guys really REALLY don't fit in that faction.

Let's take a look at the races that comprise the Horde.

Unwashed brutish Orcs who are warmongers and love spikey death decor of their towns/cities.
    Savage forest Trolls who perform ritualistic ceremonies of voodoo.
    Primitive Taurens who prefer living out in the wild plains and tree hugging.
    Decaying and plague-loving Undeads who love torture and making things dead and then undead.
    Gangster Goblins who will sell and then explode their own mothers for some quick cash.

and...

Clean shaven, limp-wristed, fancy boys who care more about the current hair fashion than picking up a sword. They have graceful, elvish style buildings that look very fragile and impractical for war/battle.

They stand out like a soar thumb amongst the dirty, rugged, warmongering atmosphere that the other races give off.
    yess, because appearances define attitude and personality.............

you have a massive misunderstanding of horde races.

orcs are honorable (arguably the most honorable race in wow), tauren are the most peaceful race, trolls are the ultimate pragmatists motivated by racial survival. belfs fit in with horde, its the realists faction, its an alliance not of common good, but of mutal self interest.

Undead? hate them, but only truely evil horde race.

10+ Year Old Account
    weird, cuz they switched to horde after vashj freed them from the alliance's prisons under stormwind...
    and a short answer to the title: no suh

Quote Originally Posted by Syrra Coventry View Post
    While Garithos was a xenophobic ass...

It must be remembered that he gave Kael'thas an order that Kael'thas was convinced he could fulfill...but allowed himself to have his mind changed by Lady Vashj (I believe it was her) and her Naga that they couldn't do it without her help.

He was warned, and again, when he was sure he could fulfill, though with difficulty, his assigned tasks, he allowed himself to be swayed by Vashj's words and accepted her help.

Twice, he failed Garithos... Once under direct orders.

Read the WC3 texts and listen to their conversations...he even tells Vashj that he and his men can handle the task and she convinces him he can't without her help...
    I am in absolute agreement with your post

A lot of people like to lay blame to Garithos for everything, and while no one is saying he was a upstanding member of society he did not make the decision's for Kael'thas.

The first mission they were sent on was FAR from a suicide mission yet Kael'thas consorted and accepted help from the Demon Serving Naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post

But Medivh was "some random dude" for Terenas. He has been dead for 20 years afterall. Plus I don't think Terenas has ever seen Medivh when he was alive. So why could he have assumed that this doomsayer was Medivh?

As for Thrall, it was not hard for him to heed Medivh's advice since nothing was holding him to Lordaeron. Which is quite the opposite with Terenas, Arthas and Antonidas.
    Terenas was around when Medivh was, but yes he had no idea who it was who was warning him.
    I still maintain he got what he deserved,

That doesn't seem like the proper attitude to take towards things.
    hes practically sleeping through a poltical debate, and takes the "NO U I R LEADER >:C" stance.

This is all thrall needed to move:

One has to call into question the methods Medivh used for warning. I think using the dream method on Terenas may have worked better.

---------- Post added 2010-12-09 at 02:06 AM ----------

Uh oh, people are starting to argue who is evil and who isn't again. Looks like imma take my leave before the poo starts getting flung.

I feel that BELFs should be killed in the most horrible way possible. Why? Because emo's arent people they are vermin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clean shaven, limp-wristed, fancy boys who care more about the current hair fashion than picking up a sword.
    That's called a stereotype, not a fact nor is it in the Lore.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1